xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

The Law Of Karma

What Is Karma?

If we accept the principle of cause and effect in Nature, and of action and reaction in physics, how can we not believe that this natural law extends also to human beings? Once consciousness is understood as basic to everything the question begs to be asked: Do not humans, too, belong to the natural order?

Such is the law of karma: As you sow, so shall you reap.* If you sow evil, you will reap evil in the form of suffering. And if you sow goodness, you will reap goodness in the form of inner joy.

To understand karma, you must realize that thoughts are things. The very universe, in the final analysis, is composed not of matter but of consciousness. Matter responds, far more than most people realize, to the power of thought. For will power directs energy, and energy in turn acts upon matter. Matter, indeed, is energy.

Every action, every thought, reaps its own corresponding rewards.

Human suffering is not a sign of God's, or Nature's, anger with mankind. It is a sign, rather, of man's ignorance of the divine law.

The law is forever infallible in its workings.

The Soul Is Free

Souls are "made" in the image of God. Even the greatest of all sinners cannot be damned forever. A finite cause cannot have an infinite effect. Due to the misuse of his free will, a person might imagine himself to be evil, but within he is a son of God. A king's son might, under the influence of liquor or of a bad dream, think himself poor, but as soon as he recovers from his state of intoxication, or as soon as he awakens, he forgets that delusion. The perfect soul, ever sinless, eventually wakes up in God when it remembers its real, eternally good, nature.

Man, being made in the image of God, is deluded only temporarily. This temporary delusion leads him to think of himself as mortal. So long as he identifies with mortality he must suffer.

A soul's delusion of mortality may extend to many incarnations. Through self-effort, however, always influenced by the law of God, the Prodigal Son develops discrimination, remembers his home in God, and attains wisdom. With illumination the prodigal soul remembers its eternal image of God, and is reunited with cosmic consciousness. His Father then serves him "the fatted calf" of eternal bliss and wisdom, liberating him forever.

Delusion is Temporary

Man may misuse his free will for a time, considering himself mortal, but that temporary delusion can never erase from within him the mark of immortality and God's image of perfection. A baby's premature death cannot possibly have permitted him the use of free will to be either virtuous or vicious. Nature must bring that soul back to earth to give it a chance to use its free will to work out also the past karma which caused it to die so young, and to perform the good actions that lead to liberation.

If an immortal soul has not worked out in one lifetime of school those delusions which bind him, he needs more lifetimes of schooling to bring him the understanding of his innate immortality. Only then can he return to the state of cosmic consciousness. Ordinary souls therefore reincarnate, compelled by their earth-bound desires. Great souls, on the other hand, come on earth only partly to work out their karma, but principally to act as noble sons of God to show lost children the way to their heavenly Father's home.

Notice from rvalkass:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Copied from above link.

Wow, I have seen most of your topics and posts. You seem to be an yoga master. Well, I have also gone through yoga sessions. It definitely is a technique to relax our mind, body n soul. I believe in yoga because, it gives me a good nights sleep and keeps me cool everyday. I am happy that i am healthy and the credit goes to yoga.

I think of karma as something actually completely scientific. It is the law of cause and effect. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Now that law doesn't just apply in a physics lab or to billiard balls knocking around on a table. It applies to all energetic actions. Whether that is eating breakfast, doing a skydive or robbing a bank (preferably in that order:) all of these invlove energy and all have equal and opposite reactions. This simply means there are consequences for everything that you do. The thing is, even the consequences have consequences until it all comes around back to the source. So we get the grammatically incorrect statement of "what goes around comes around" which we can extrapolate the meaning in the context of karma.

I think of karma as something actually completely scientific. It is the law of cause and effect. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Now that law doesn't just apply in a physics lab or to billiard balls knocking around on a table. It applies to all energetic actions. Whether that is eating breakfast, doing a skydive or robbing a bank (preferably in that order:) all of these invlove energy and all have equal and opposite reactions. This simply means there are consequences for everything that you do. The thing is, even the consequences have consequences until it all comes around back to the source. So we get the grammatically incorrect statement of "what goes around comes around" which we can extrapolate the meaning in the context of karma.

This sounds interesting. My only image of Karma is from the TV show "My Name Is Earl". LOL ;)

Basically it's like if you do bad things, then bad things will happen to you. Sorta like a eye for an eye.

This sounds interesting. My only image of Karma is from the TV show "My Name Is Earl". LOL ;)
Basically it's like if you do bad things, then bad things will happen to you. Sorta like a eye for an eye.

Yeah, the media misrepresents karma. The way the media portrays it is illogical. I had figured it couldn't have been that way, so i did research on karma. Karma doesn't have much if anything to do with rewards (i.e. desirable consequences) or undesirable consequences. When people think of karma, they should think of only cause and effect—that's it. When you start applying things like "you reap what you sow" or similar to karma (i.e. cause and effect), karma in turn starts becoming illogical. That's because karma isn't a conscious thing itself, therefore it is incapable of rewarding or punishing anything. Instead, you shouldn't be applying anything to karma, you should be applying karma to things. In this way, you can keep things logical.

I don?t know a lot about the karma because I am christian but the few that I?ve read make me think that this is only one more of the lies about the soul. The religions invent a lot of theories like this that are only made to sell a lot in the market with all that meditation programs that only makes to people lose their time sit listening "glory words" or "finding themselves". With this post I suppose that you practice the karma so I recommend you to invest that time watching T.V. and the results are the same.But if someone see results using the karma and meditation then follow it until the end, but I doubt that this get good results.But it is only my opinion.