xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dawid

Rubix Cube Are you a mouse or a master?

Rubix cubes rule! I only ever managed to make a J with one in blue before. I've nenver managed all sides the same colour before. Ever. That's like super hard.

I never been able to solve one of them, and the farthest Ive gotten is like 4 faces of the same color. Moving any further just makes me mess up what i have gotten so far :blink:. Maybe I just lack the necesary 3d spatial awareness.

I had one of those ones that open, Its was huge! almost 2'x2'. I got it for christmans last year from my cousins who came back from japan. It had some secret prize on the inside, I had to line up each side and then put a key in the blue squares to unlock the door. I tried it for about five weeks, before I got angry, and paranoid about what was inside. I then figured out that there was a tutotrial in the manual showing how to open it from where it had been set to orginaly. SO I spent another week setting it back to its default starting place, and then got it open in about five minutes! There was a cool little dancing robot inside who said "Thank you for freeing me, I am ever grateful!" over and over. And he had loads of jelly beans in his head, and, I LOVE jelly beans! I dont know about the regualr ones having prizes, try to pull them apart, and see whats inside. Oh, and I now use the big rubix cube as a footstool. :o Well, thats the story of me and the rubix cube...maybe I will write a novel about it someday...

the guy who said it was easy is full of crap. it's hard. why he can only solve it be reversing the order in which he mixed it up. there are some that can solve it quickly in a random mixed up order, but that is rare.i worked on it for hours and the most i could get was almost 3 sides. two sides where easy....that third was hard and never completed it fully. that's why i bought the solve for the rubix cube. it came in an 8/12 by 11, 8 page soft cover booklet. even THAT was hard to figure out but finally solved it with help :(before i solved it i would have to take it apart several times and put it together to act like i solved it....especially if i knew someone was coming over. i could always fool others, but i could never fool myself so i would always revert back to mixing it up again for 10 minutes and try to solve it. i finally gave up intil i bought the solve for it.i think the rubix cube was similar to chess if you wanted to be good. you had to see check mate before you ever moved a piece. but with the cube, i guess you have to think 3 dimention. knowing where the bottom and side pieces will be when you are working on the opposite sides. most people focus on the top only.anyway, i solved half. i was happy with that. only meant i was half stupid and not fully :(

The fastest anyone has ever done a rubix cube was 19 sec. He was the master of the cube. I have tried a rubix cube they take forever. For begginers.

I used to get really fustrated with them until I saw a video of a speed cuber who did it in around 20 seconds. I thought to myself there has to be an easier way to do these if someone was able to do them in 20 seconds and there was. I spent some time looking for solutions and now I average 2 minutes to solve a cube. World record is around 10 seconds.

There are many solutions out on the web to solve the rubiks cube. For the fast methods you have to memoize upwards of 100 algorithms which will allow you to solve the cube in just a few seconds and there are solutions for beginners where you only have to memorize 20 or 30 algorithms which will allow you to solve the cube in minutes.
For beginers I recommed this site:
http://peter.stillhq.com/jasmine/rubikscubesolution.html
For moderate speed cubers looking to go up a level I recommend this site:
http://lar5.com/cube/

Edited by Arigato (see edit history)

I'm a mouse at it, haha. I have one sitting right by me, as a matter of fact, and I have one side figured out but now I can't figure out how to get the other ones done. I've looked online for help with finishing it but I've just given up, haha. Rubix cubes were never my forte. :)

Honestly the rubix cube isnt hard. Im 17, and I can do it in about 1 min 7 secs is my fastest but on average its about 1 min 15 secs. There is one simple way to to the first part and there is a different part for he second and third part. My youth pastor taught me how its not hard.-Jus390

Have to say I'm indeed very very bad at it, but WITH some assistance somewhat, it can be cleared within a few minutes. Guess I'll have to read any strats i can find on the net for the Rubix cube.