xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Please Help... USB Flash Problem Virus On Your Flash Disk? (usb Devices)

Please Help... USB Flash ProblemVirus On Your Flash Disk? (usb Devices)

I have this USB flash that every time I connect it in my Computer (OS-Vista Starter Ed), it said the Drive is installed and ready to use.

I already tried all possible solutions like downloading recovery softwares for flash drives, also, changed my Folder Options, but none has helped.

It still said that the USB Flash is not formatted. Yet every time I tried to format it, the computer said It cannot be formatted.

Please help. I badly need my files in this flash. =)

Thank you very much.

-question by chyngky

if you badly needed those files, you shouldn't have attempted to format it. ;)anyway, have you tried plugging it into another machine? just to check if same problem arises.

How did you get your files onto the USB flash drive thing anyway? If you got it on there, it means that it has been working before. And if it has been working before, it should work on every other computer, unless your computer has a problem with reading USB things, as some computers are known to have this problem.Check your computer if it is only your computer that's having this problem. As serverph said, if it was working before you shouldn't have tried format or formatted it, as you might change some settings that were enabling other computers from reading it. I don't know what to do to help you if you did, and I won't give your false information in case you break your (Or wreck your) USB further than it already is (if it was wrecked in the first place).Good luck!

I think the problem is that Starter edition. It's been known to reject certain drivers and applications, if it does that try putting it in another computer and make a backup. Then format it in the PC that says it needs to be formatted (the pendrive). Go back to the other PC and copy the contents you backed up before to your pendrive and try again.If you don't have another PC, then I don't know. The only solution would be a re-format of the pendrive.

Odds are if the USB drive doesn't work on another comptuer then it is pretty much useless and so I would throw it away and get a new one. Usually the formatting error is common to USB drives when they no longer work and so your left stuck getting a new one.

You need those files ? so you shouldn't click on format drive message when it pops up. In any case, try plugging it to another machine with another OS(linux) if possible. see if it runs, if not i think you've to give try to find software like convar's pc inspector file recovery that can backup from any disk. Try installing software like "USB Safely Remove" if it detects, else you've consult with USB manufacturer for help. Check this link for detecting hardare issues of Vista. (This link doesn't work with windows xp, 2003 and server editions. it is only meant for vista). Try it, maybe that might help.

And if USB drive is not recognized on any OS (xp,linux) then it is better to format the drive. you can use disk drive management softwares. If the drive is not recgnized then i guess you can read this for some information. I doubt that it is problem of microsoft vista starter edition, but still there are chances of limited drivers. If so, then knowledgebase article of Microsoft might help here. If problem still persists, you may contact to the support of USB drive maker. Most of the time they can guide you about formatting instructions, backing up files in it or any replacement if in warranty period if it comes out to be in bad state.

Please Help... USB Flash Problem

Virus On Your Flash Disk? (usb Devices)

I have this USB flash that every time I connect it in my Computer (OS-Vista Starter Ed), it said the Drive is installed and ready to use.

I already tried all possible solutions like downloading recovery softwares for flash drives, also, changed my Folder Options, but none has helped.

It still said that the USB Flash is not formatted. Yet every time I tried to format it, the computer said It cannot be formatted.

Please help. I badly need my files in this flash. =)

Thank you very much.

-question by chyngky

I have not used Vista Starter edition yet, but I believe SpiderVV's point.

First, you may insert your thumb drive to another PC.

If the drive is still reported as unformated, you may try using some data recovery programs like Recover Data (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/).

Hope it works.

Firstly, if you have formatted the drive, everything on it is gone. In the case of a quick format you could recover it if it hasnt been overwritten, using software, in some cases.I have had a couple of flash drives do that, one of them worked after a format, but then needed formatting again, and then stopped working.I would reccomed replacing it, as if you fix it, it could be unreliable and you could loose data again.

USB DISPLAYING MESSAGE - "PLEASE INSERT THE LAST DISK OF THE MULTI-VOLUME SET AND CLICK OK TO CONTINUE"Please Help... USB Flash Problem

Sir,

whenever I am copying some folder containing some files in the USB and then trying to open it or copy it to some other computer then the following message is displayed

"PLEASE INSERT THE LAST DISK OF THE MULTI-VOLUME SET AND CLICK OK TO CONTINUE"

pls help to sort out the problem.

-reply by DIPAK