xisto Community
tinoymalayil

How To Deploy A Java Application

Hi!@tinoymalayilYou could create a batch file or use a WSH script to create an installer. You'll have to give the customer a copy of the Java Runtime Environment too. It's simple and cost-effective!You might want to try using Java Web Start which makes the installation process simpler in many cases.There are proprietary solutions for making a Java application appear to be the same as a native Windows application, but that's commercial software and you will have to purchase software licenses.Regards

Some of the recommended ways are to create one of these.

1. Java web start: if your app connects to internet for manipulating data then this is the choice for you. you can even choose this to allow launching app right from the browser.

2. Jar file : you can make executable jar files. and distribute across machines so that you can run app where Java is installed.

3. Creating installer or Executable: To create installer or executable. Following software might help yo.

Lauch4J

Jsmooth

Jar2Exe

Advanced Installer

Java-2-Exe

Hi Mahesh!Thanks for the links to Launch4J and Jsmooth. I never realised we've got open-source products that can create native Windows executables. I guess it's a sign that I've been out of Java development for wayyy too long. I also liked the article titled Java-2-Exe. It makes for an interesting read.Regards,Nitin Reddy

Some of the recommended ways are to create one of these.

1. Java web start: if your app connects to internet for manipulating data then this is the choice for you. you can even choose this to allow launching app right from the browser.

2. Jar file : you can make executable jar files. and distribute across machines so that you can run app where Java is installed.

3. Creating installer or Executable: To create installer or executable. Following software might help yo.

Lauch4J

Jsmooth

Jar2Exe

Advanced Installer

Java-2-Exe

Hi,

I have a .jar standalone application that makes native calls to a dll that has to go with the application if I were to deploy it into some other machine. Also, the dll uses a .exe standalone application. Now I need to bundle this all together into a .exe windows wrapper. And I also want it to be easier for the user to simply double click on the executable for it to work. Launch4j comes close to doing that and it also detects if you don't have Java or if you don't have the min version of JRE required for the application. However, when the application does not work on another windows machine for some reason. Double clicking the .exe does not do anything.

Can someone in here help me figure this out. I am sure I am doing something wrong with setting the Classpath within the Launch4j application.

Thanks,

Abhishek