xisto Community
serendib

Einstein's Quiz Quiz written by Albert Einstein

Below is a quiz written by Albert Einstein. He said 98% ofthe people in the world cannot solve the quiz. Are you among the 2%?FACTS:1. There are 5 houses (in a row) in 5 different colours.2. In each house lives a person with a different nationality.3. These 5 owners drink a certain beverage, smoke a certain brand ofcigar and keep a certain pet.4. No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar, ordrink the same drink.HINTS:1. The Brit lives in a red house.2. The Swede keeps dogs as pets.3. The Dane drinks tea.4. The green house is on the immediate left of the white house.5. The green house owner drinks coffee.6. The person who smokes Pall Mall cigars rears birds.7. The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill cigars.8. The man living in the house right in the center drinks milk.9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.10. The man who smokes Blend cigars lives next to the cat owner.11. The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.12. The man who smokes Blue Master cigars drinks beer.13. The German smokes Prince cigars.14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.15. The man who smokes Blend cigars has a neighbor who drinks water.The QUESTION IS .... who has a fish as a pet? :D

ur...yeah,what you gave is a very classical and great quiz written by Albert Einstein,but i have seen it before in somewhere,a magzine or olympic mathe competetion...hehe,maybe...anyhow i will try to get the key,interesting much.let me see...

Very hard quiz. I'm working on it right now but i still have nothing. Btw can you tell me where you got this quiz? If you want to answer it the obvious choice is to make a logical grid except the hard part is that there are 5 variables (cigar, drink, house, nationality, and pet) If anyone has an answer to this problem please post it. And tell me how you got it too.

I got1, Norweigan, Yellow, Dunhill, Water, Cat2, Dane, Blue, Blend, Tea, Horses3, Brit, Red, Pall Malls, Milk, Birds4, German, Green, Prince, Coffee, Fish5, Swede,White, Blue Master, Beer, DogsThis is what I got. I'm pretty sure its all right. Took me liuke an hour to do... I'm gifted with matrices. My teacher had this in a book--checked my grid. It's right. I'm only 14!!!

I got

1, Norweigan, Yellow, Dunhill, Water, Cat

2, Dane, Blue, Blend, Tea, Horses

3, Brit, Red, Pall Malls, Milk, Birds

4, German, Green, Prince, Coffee, Fish

5, Swede,White, Blue Master, Beer, Dogs

This is what I got. I'm pretty sure its all right. Took me liuke an hour to do... I'm gifted with matrices. My teacher had this in a book--checked my grid. It's right. I'm only 14!!!

48329[/snapback]

I'm only 14 too. My Latin teacher handed it out. I finished it in less than 30 minutes. You're right. It wasn't that hard to figure out. So much for Einstein!

I'm only 14 too. My Latin teacher handed it out. I finished it in less than 30 minutes. You're right. It wasn't that hard to figure out. So much for Einstein!

48335[/snapback]

Sorry guys, but your wrong..... And yes... so much for Einstein....

Your in the 98%

myserendib@gmail.com Email me if u need any hints or the answer.

Let others try it out too ;)

Below is a quiz written by Albert Einstein. He said 98% of

the people in the world cannot solve the quiz. Are you among the 2%?

FACTS:

1. There are 5 houses (in a row) in 5 different colours.

2. In each house lives a person with a different nationality.

3. These 5 owners drink a certain beverage, smoke a certain brand of

cigar and keep a certain pet.

4. No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar, or

drink the same drink.

HINTS:

1. The Brit lives in a red house.

2. The Swede keeps dogs as pets.

3. The Dane drinks tea.

4. The green house is on the immediate left of the white house.

5. The green house owner drinks coffee.

6. The person who smokes Pall Mall cigars rears birds.

7. The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill cigars.

8. The man living in the house right in the center drinks milk.

9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.

10. The man who smokes Blend cigars lives next to the cat owner.

11. The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.

12. The man who smokes Blue Master cigars drinks beer.

13. The German smokes Prince cigars.

14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.

15. The man who smokes Blend cigars has a neighbor who drinks water.

The QUESTION IS .... who has a fish as a pet?  :P

47214[/snapback]

The German

I see no trick to the question other than the fact that it never actually states that any of them own a fish (it is merely implied), and thus none of them own a fish.. BUT, assuming one of them does own a fish, then it is a very well-thought-out application of pratical logic, and following the hints that are given, one can deduce that the German owns the Fish as a pet. However, don't be fooled by the thrill of having solved it, for it still takes us all very long, and can not be compared to any of the questions found within the same category on modern IQ tests. Being restricted to a time limit with dozens of questions (this being only one of them) I suspect that 98% of the people would skip this question, and move on to other questions, planning to come back to it later, but when they do, and spend 30+/- mins on that question alone, they eventually run out of time and haven't finished solving it.. Not to mention, that Einstein lived during times lacking modern education for the masses, and it is quite possible that his suggested 98% could be lower now with current standards of education.Even still, this is a brilliantly thought-out question, and deserves great appreciation, in my humble opinion.Just think, if it is that hard to solve it, how hard would it have been to have written it in the first place?