xisto Community
odomike

Which software is best? Adobe Photoshop or 3D MAX

i wondering which soft is best for graphic designing. i have tried using tried using Adobe Photoshop and 3D MAX but both seems to be good. does anyone know which one is the better out of the two softs? please holla at me. i want a high ending soft which will be easy to use. and if you know any other good soft, please holla at me too.

This is both of good. Because, Photoshop is king of image editing. And 3ds max is better in the animations world.

yea redsky. you ve got a very good point there. i know that photoshop is for photo editting and i also know the function of 3D Studio Max but i wanna know which is the better out of the 2 softs.

I really like adobe photoshop because it is a lot easier I think and it is cool what it can do on there I love it. I don't think that 3d can compare to photoshop. Adobe is just a good company and they have really good products. You can change photos like iff you were to go to the store and change the eye color you can do it on photoshop. You can also make your own pic. It's great.

3D MAX is for 3D modeling, depending what you want to do, I would recomend Photoshop for editing images. It has been the best program that I have ever used for editing images

yea redsky. you ve got a very good point there. i know that photoshop is for photo editting and i also know the function of 3D Studio Max but i wanna know which is the better out of the 2 softs.

6375[/snapback]

Odomike correct me if im wrong, but you really can't compare these two programs... They are in two different groups of software, they have completly different functions, and they are alltogether different. Anyway, you may be wondering which of these two (photoshop or 3dsmax) is better to do specific task, like: quickest way to make 3d gamebox - you can do it in photoshop, or you can render it in 3dsmax with textures added, either way, you will endup with photoshop, and making final texturing, finetuning, designing, and adding text or more pics - in photoshop. Photoshop is really graphic and web design industry standard. so you can't avoid it... And 3dsmax is "faaaar moooore" complex than photoshop, so they are really not similar... you can't compare them.

:)

many softwares are there which are gud.....but it depends on us which we r comfrtable......to use......every software is having its own specifications......how u find this post useful.......thankyou...........more help...........testingpirakx@gmail.comor rite2alok@gmail.com

Every one of these two applications is great, but it sure depends what are you using them for.Photoshop:You can learn it in weeks. Yes-by seeing three or four tutorials you already know what the point is, you'll learn the 'blending options' stuff, maybe few effects tricks. Photoshop is great for web design, forum signatures, logo designs etc.It's sure very simple to learn, and you can even make animations with it. You can create a whole commercial with it. You can download brushes, plug-ins, renders, C4D renders, textures etc. Many people download fonts only because they want to use them in photoshop. You can get some money from working in it.3D Studio Max:Now if you start learning the 3DS Max, it won't take weeks. It will take months! Rotating around and rendering-that's the big PLUS in 3D modeling. You can get lots of images for an object, you can see the way it'll look like with different materials and all. By seeing a few tutorials, you'll get some picture about the interface and how stuff is suposed to work. You can sell some of your 3D models and scenes, and you can get free ones from the Internet, f you want to make an animation without working that hard. You can make a small 'intro', a cartoon or even a whole freaking video game(only the models,of course). But it's pretty difficult to learn-the polygonal modeling, the modiffers, lights, effects-that's all neceserry for a good scene. And one thing s for sure: It's TOO expensive!!!

For professionals or easy usage I would go for Adobe Photoshop. Don't get CS4 though its just like CS3 but I have seen to many bad reviews on the Internet about it.So stick with CS3 for the moment :D.