xisto Community
Baniboy

I Want To Make A Thread Series, Good Idea? Reply or bigfoot will eat you XD

Well I have been thinking, I'm slowly running out of things to discuss about here to earn CENTs.(well not exactly but my posts are somewhat getting shorter and shorter).

So I thought I could contribute to the community by making multiple topics about multiple things regarding science. I think I'll learn more about these topics while I'm making them. So the stuff I would like to "educate"(if you've somehow forgot what you learned in the past or you want to learn more) our members about are in the following list:

Fusion and fission

Stars (about their different stages and their chemical reactions)

Black holes

Gravity and density(about their relations)

Evolution

Morality(from a scientific viewpoint)

Energy forms

Heat (is an energy form but since I know more about this than the others, I'll give this it's own topic)

I will continue making more as I come up with more stuff

Is this a good idea?

*Update: Changed the order and replaced evolution with the scientific method:

Heat (You need this to understand fusion)

Fusion, Fission and fire

Gravity and density(about their relations)

The scientific method

Stars (...)

Black holes

Morality (Combing evolutionary point of view and also wondering around of how it changes)

That's it, and sorry for the red colour, just trying to draw attention. :) Edited by Baniboy (see edit history)

Anything which promotes discussion is a good idea, but before you continue, check the Search feature to confirm that there are not any discussions already happening about those topics.

I'd certainly be interested in those topics. They will certainly generate discussion (especially 5 and 6) and I'll participate with whatever knowledge I have on those topics too, once you've got the ball rolling - I knew doing a physics degree would be useful at some point! :)

but before you continue, check the Search feature to confirm that there are not any discussions already happening about those topics.

Funny how you mentioned the search feature, because it sucks :) Anyway I used google and I only found a topic on fission(I thought I would find some about evolution too but google didn't find any...). I decided however that I will post a thread about fission because the thread I found was from 2006 and I would like to also describe the reaction with graphics and tell about it more than in that topic.
That's all

Personally, i would like to see you pull off number 6. I haven't seen any valid reasoning for "scientific morality" that actually showed science as the root or source for morality. From what i've seen people always bring in their (subjective) morals and use that as a standard to apply to "scientific morality."

Well I already have some stuff in the works about Evolution, so maybe we can work together on that bit. Apart from that, science is something I'm interested in greatly so I will be happy to join in the discussion. Also no. 6 ties in nicely with no. 5Your not seriously a believer in the arguement from morals Truefusion, if you havn't found something yet which shows where then you certainly haven't looked, infact it is one of the worst arguements for God out there. It is sooooo easy to refute compared with a lot of arguements for God if you know a little about Evolution, and more about social advancement, and contrary to your point, I have yet to see one use that arguement in a way which is impossible or difficult to refute.If your intested I can link you to tons of videos, blog posts etc, each one will show how moral can exist without God, and yes they may include bits about subjective morals and will include more. and again the reason they include the bits about subjective morals is because they are true, again I will always say that the fact Morals can exist without God does not disproove God or even the fact he made morals, but they make it so he isn't needed and therefore make God superfluous.

Edited by kobra500 (see edit history)

I do believe ther eare several topics that cover most of the discussions that Bani wants to bring up.

1. http://forums.xisto.com/Nuclear-Fissip;mode=threaded = Fission, mostly found cold fusion topics

2. No topics that I could find about stars in terms of outer space

3. Several topics for black holes [1] [2] [3]

4. There are some various gravity topics but I don't they cover what you have in mind [1] [2] [3] [4]

5. I do believe evolution has been a big discussion burner though not in topics but in posts, but a couple have come up that could provide some insight. [1] [2] [3]

6. From my searching it is definitely a big discussion in various topics but I don't think it has been brought up topic wise and just from looking at the topic it should be interesting how to prove science with morality in it.

7. Energy has been another big discussion over the years on trap and so there are several topics of various discussions about energy, but there could be something that hasn't been discussed yet. [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

8. I don't it has been dicussed as much here in Xisto but who knows a simple topic could spark some great discussion [1] [2]

9. Keep on coming up with topics that you think might be interesting and let us know and we could see if they already exist or not.

Your not seriously a believer in the arguement from morals Truefusion, if you havn't found something yet which shows where then you certainly haven't looked, infact it is one of the worst arguements for God out there. It is sooooo easy to refute compared with a lot of arguements for God if you know a little about Evolution, and more about social advancement, and contrary to your point, I have yet to see one use that arguement in a way which is impossible or difficult to refute.

Depends on their arguments. True, i haven't found one online that actually proves God's existence from morality, but i've been working on one that at least shows that without God there cannot be any objective or absolute morals. My argument argues from absolute consequences and a little bit from omnipotence, but it's still under development, especially since i accidentally deleted my notes. :)

If your intested I can link you to tons of videos, blog posts etc, each one will show how moral can exist without God, and yes they may include bits about subjective morals and will include more. and again the reason they include the bits about subjective morals is because they are true

It's quite possible i've already seen a paraphrased form of them, if not the same one exactly. But if they run along the lines of "be good for goodness's sake" or "helping the species advance," then i wouldn't be interested. But the fact that you mention that those arguments often include subjective morality implies that it may actually presuppose something similar to being good for goodness's sake. In either case, i would have to watch them to find out.

I do believe ther eare several topics that cover most of the discussions that Bani wants to bring up.
1. http://forums.xisto.com/Nuclear-Fissip;mode=threaded = Fission, mostly found cold fusion topics

2. No topics that I could find about stars in terms of outer space

3. Several topics for black holes [1] [2] [3]

4. There are some various gravity topics but I don't they cover what you have in mind [1] [2] [3] [4]

5. I do believe evolution has been a big discussion burner though not in topics but in posts, but a couple have come up that could provide some insight. [1] [2] [3]

6. From my searching it is definitely a big discussion in various topics but I don't think it has been brought up topic wise and just from looking at the topic it should be interesting how to prove science with morality in it.

7. Energy has been another big discussion over the years on trap and so there are several topics of various discussions about energy, but there could be something that hasn't been discussed yet. [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

8. I don't it has been dicussed as much here in Xisto but who knows a simple topic could spark some great discussion [1] [2]

9. Keep on coming up with topics that you think might be interesting and let us know and we could see if they already exist or not.

Those are old, and be careful what you think is a discussion about energy! let me quote one of your links:

i am a new married man . and 27 years old. i want some little help to increse my energy without having any pills. is there any way to increase ?

Hah! :P Very SCIENTIFIC topic you got there... :D Those topics aren't exactly what I want to do, you'll see :D *looks around suspiciously* When I said energy forms I meant I'll explain what they are (nuclear, kinetic, chemical, electromagnetic radiation, etc.). Sorry to say this, but your links suck :D

anyway, I think I'm gonna leave evolution for kobra and replace it with a thread about "the scientific method". @kobra, are you okay with that?(I was going to explain what evolution theory is about, if you want to do it, go ahead. I have enough stuff to write here..:)) I hope you are.

I also thought of changing the order so you first know the basic stuff before I move into heavier stuff like black holes and stars.

Anything which promotes discussion is a good idea, but before you continue, check the Search feature to confirm that there are not any discussions already happening about those topics.

DON'T USE THE SEARCH FEATURE. It is a TRAP(17).

use google. Something like Photoshop site:Xisto.com will search photoshop on Xisto, the IPB search system is not very functional.