xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

Is It Possible To Pay With Negative Balance?

Wew, that's long answe michael. So then, how did kasperooney buy his domain? i'm still curious with that.@kasperooney : could you share with us :(

al i can say is.... "?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?" anyway, it's probably just one of those new useless fad domains like come_on.in or something

for someone competing for the same domain though, there was sure a lot of public chatter about it.

Surprise they actually let you do that because people frown on others reserving domains and then not using them later and making sure others can't use it as well.

I'm also quite surprised they allowed you to get a domain without already having the funds available...I guess if you were very close to having enough at the time you bought the domain it would be understandable, but if you were still far away (by close I mean within $2-3) they're very trusting, :(.

wow I never really expected this many people to respond to this topic! :(

ok, first let me tell you I did nothing special for this. It's just that Xisto is holding a special offer valid till 29 July. They're offering .in domains at $5.49 for the first year, and the usual $18.99 from the second year onwards. Well I'll be safe from the second year, I'm just happy that I was able to pay for the first year. The support team told me to contact them with the invoice number so that they could correct the amount from $18.99 to $5.49 and restore any extra balance that might have been deducted in the process. I did it and am just waiting for their response. I forgot to ask them whether there are any such offers for other TLDs as well. I guess I'll do it after all this is over.

Well, that's it - that's the 'trick' - nothing special about it!

Well instead of trying to compete with each other, join forces as you can do a lot more with a website with a group of people then going solo on a web project.

We had that discussion too but we figured that it wouldn't work out in the long term because one of us might be giving up on the project, resulting in the loss of both! So we agreed to fight it out on our own :excl:

al i can say is.... "?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?" anyway, it's probably just one of those new useless fad domains like come_on.in or something

well it's not a domain like that one, but all I can say that it's not entirely useless for me. I already have a website about computers, and now I plan to use this for a similar purpose - it's short (maybe not sweet) and easy to remember.

for someone competing for the same domain though, there was sure a lot of public chatter about it.

well since I didn't mention the domain name anywhere I was pretty sure I was safe until the last minute! And I'm really surprised that so many people responded to my initial question. That's really sweet of you guys :angel:

NEW TWIST: this just happened as I was typing out this reply - I got an email from the support team saying that my domain is not available!! They asked me to check for another domain at Xisto - Domains.com and guess what? The domain still says "available" when I check it. What does this mean? I got till the invoice step only because the domain was available in the first place, isn't it? Then why did I get such an email? :excl: Please help me out here if you know of such a situation....

i always liked going here to check domain availabilities ----> https://instantdomainsearch.com/

you might want to do a quick search elsewhere for the availability and do a whois search. if the domain is coming up available, then it may have something to do with the .in extention itself which i believe is india. shrug

NEW TWIST: this just happened as I was typing out this reply - I got an email from the support team saying that my domain is not available!! They asked me to check for another domain at Xisto - Domains.com and guess what? The domain still says "available" when I check it. What does this mean? I got till the invoice step only because the domain was available in the first place, isn't it? Then why did I get such an email? :( Please help me out here if you know of such a situation....

Hmm xisto domain search is saying that the domain name is available while godaddy is saying that it is an invalid one :( I don't really understand what is going on, but I think it does have something to do with the .in TLD itself. I'm now waiting for the support team to reply. They were quick to say that the domain is invalid, but they haven't given a solution yet. Well, can't really blame them , as it a sunday! Looks like both me and my friend are losing the competition, but at least I'm the one who almost got there! :angel:

It's too bad to hear that kasperooney. btw, this .in means a domain for a country India?

Looks like both me and my friend are losing the competition, but at least I'm the one who almost got there! :(

yes .in is the TLD for India, in the same way as .uk, .us, .jp are TLDs for the United Kingdom, the US and Japan respectively :angel: I don't know about the other countries' TLDs but .in domains are costlier than .com domains (they're double the price - $18.99 per year as compared to $9.99 per year). But they are convenient to use because they cater to a specific caudience and tells you which country the owner is from :(

I wouldn't know for sure, but I'm guessing that you wouldn't be able to continue using your website account, it will probably be disabled. Always make sure you have enough MyCents to pay for the months invoice.

well the story's over guys....the reason due to which I wasn't able to book my domain is that there is a rule stating that all .in domains must have a minimum of three characters in them and the one I was trying to book had two. I was thinking quite a lot till then that why didn't someone book this one ages ago! But it turns out that I'm the fool at this end :excl: I wasn't aware of that rule. It's okay for .com domains to have only 1 character but I don't really know why they made this strange rule in the case of .in domains.

Anyway the deal's off; my balance has been restored and my account is healthy again :( But I must admit it was a great few days filled with excitement and what-not! And with all you guys looking interested too I wanted to write my victory story here but it turned out to be a flop show! :angel: All i got was a little bit of G.K. regarding domain registration rules and the answer to my initial question, Is it possible to pay with negative balance?' is that you can take the risk for a maximum of 24 hours, and after that your order may be canceled, along with your xisto account!

I'm not taking risks like that anymore. I'm waiting for a few days to pump up my balance and I'm off to buy my third .com domain. Rest assured that there won't be any stories like this one about that!!!! Goodbye my dream .in domain.........