xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TiGrE

How To Heal Sunburn Im sure youll need it this summer

It is finally summer time and the sun is hotter than ever so if you find yourself spending the day in the sun without sunscreen on here are some tips on how to bear through the pain and heal faster. I have used all these so I speak from experience I can be in the sun for ten minutes and fry. So here they are:Noxzema.Yes the face wash slather it all over yourself it takes the sting out and cools the skin.Solarcaine spray. This is a spray with aloe in it and it feels so cool when going on. This also helps with moisturizing to minimize peeling. You can buy this at any drugstore.Aloe. The trick is to keep it in the fridge this gets it all nice and cold and the relief last twice as long!Apple cider vinegar. Apply apple cider vinegar to the burn with a cotton ball, or make a cooling compress for a large area to relieve the pain. Keep the skin moistened. This remedy will prevent blistering and peeling.Aspirin. Aspirin kills the pain and reduces inflammation and redness of sunburn. It short-circuits the whole sunburn process. It must be taken within 24 hours of getting sunburned. Aspirin is preferable to ibuprofen or acetaminophen because it is less stressful on the liver and kidneys.Baking soda. Dissolve some baking soda in water and make a compress using a clean cloth. Another remedy is to add 1/2 cup of baking soda to a tepid bath and soak. Instead of drying the affected area with a towel, let it air dry. Baking soda is cooling and will help the skin retain moisture.Shower. Take a warm shower to draw out the heat of your sunburn. The warm water will increase circulation to the area while hydrating it, thereby speeding the healing process.Witch hazel. Use a cotton ball or similar and cover the burned area it has a very cooling affect and takes the sting away.Tea. Make some tea, cool, and apply to the burn. While any tea will work, mint tea, such as peppermint or spearmint is especially good. The teas have tannins that help the healing processIce Cubes. Simply take ice cubes and rub over the affected area and watch how fast they melt!

The only one of those I have tried is ice cubes. I would have to add this one: GO SWIMMING!!! :( That's the best thing you can do if you ask me, it feels soooo good to jump in the water after you've "overheated" :angel:

The most painful method is the hot shower :angel:I was sunburned so bad that my skin was cherry red!But after the hot shower (i was laughing of pain :( ) it was better.Try it this summer if you sunburn (i am sure you will)Best regards.

I have tried Witch hazel and believe me it's helping very much cos it has natural healing features. I had a sunburn from mini vacation on open on sun public swimming pool for about 3 days. On the fourth day i didn't had any pains on my shoulders. Witch hazel is the best option for healing a sunburn according to me, so try it if you are sunburned or recommend it to your sunburned friend. :(

Edited by 100janovski (see edit history)

I can definitely attest to the witch hazel. Back when I was sixteen I got an absolutely horrible sunburn. I tried everything to get the pain to go away. Solarcaine didn't even help it much. However, when I used the witch hazel, it helped so much. My Grandma helped me apply it with a wash cloth all over the burned areas and it took the sting out of the sunburn. Noxema also helped, and while I was researching that option, I actually read that Noxema was invented for sunburns. (I don't know how true it is, but it would make sense seeing as how it helped.) While all of these help with the pain, the only thing that will actually heal a sunburn is time!

There is a natural product out there that I've used for a couple of years on sunburn and house-hold burns.  It's called Maui Aui... Cute eh?  It has Aloe but goes way beyond that.  It has analgesic herbs to relieve the pain and herbs to relieve the itch that always follows sunburn.  It also has herbs to speed up the healing of the skin and tropical oils to seal in moisture and aid in skin cell generation.  It's really nice and it's a spray, so it feels good when you spray it on.  Nice and cooling.  I got it at a web site for nature's rite http://www.mynaturesrite.com/; It's worth taking a bottle on vacation with you.  I always bring a bottle when we take the kids to the lake for the weekend.

The ways discussed by you are helpful but the varied skin types have to be taken into consideration, so that the utmost effect comes out. Then it should be kept in mind that the remedies should be well consulted and do not leave any unwanted effects which again would cause you to take the pain of dealing with another problem. At least you took the initiative of discussing it and thereby should be appreciated.