xisto Community
gisellebebegirl

Getting 4 Wisdom Teeth Removed Tomorrow =/

I'm getting My 4 Wisdom teeth remove in two weeks.

My mother said I don't have to do it,but I figure do it now than later.

So I'm going through with it,I'm kind of scared.Especially since I hate needles.

Especially being inserted in my gums.I just hope I wont hurt as much that's all.

Relax folks! It's not *that* bad... I had braces for 2yrs, now that hurts! Basically i had too many teeth in my mouth and there would be no room for my wisdoms to come through, so instead of taking them out before they had formed i instead had the teeth directly infront of them removed which would make space for the wisdoms.The procedure took, at least in my eyes about 5 minutes, in reality is more like 20-30 but i was doped up it was almost as if i was high so i didnt know what was going on at all! They will ask you to open wide and stuff because you will automatically relax and you just do it, you dont need to think about it, in fact, without the thoughts in your head and the various staff and equipment the drugs themselves are fairly entertaining :) (and no, i dont take recreational drugs) The funniest part was when the nurse tried to help me to the recovery room, because i was conscious, and just "high" i was walked, with help, to the bed to recover. The only problem is i am over 6ft tall and about 20st, the nurse helping me was a guy who was about 5ft tall and wabout 8st XD it was hilarious!It is unpleasant, for sure. The recovery is the worst bit, i decided to have rice from the chinese takeaway that night with curry and sweet and sour sauces (i love food... i had 4 baby teeth removed then got chips on the way home from the dentist XD) which was a brilliant idea because i didnt have to chew... however... it did mean that i got grains of rice stuck in the holes where my teeth were... jeez... that was a bad idea... the pain was quite exceptional and i thought the white bits were bone or teeth, i eventually realized they were rice and fished them out with a sort of toothpick with a soft end, the pain went from 100% to about 20% straight away as soon as i removed it. So the moral of the story is this...dont eat rice...Make sure you keep the holes clean and the pain shouldnt be *too* bad, keep up with painkillers and remember that you should be able to take both paracetamol and either aspirin or, even better, ibuprofen. Just check with your doc if you unusure. Some asthma sufferers cant take ibuprofen.

it certainly doesn't take 3hours, I think it took about 30min-1h to remove my 4 wisdom teeth (but I guess it depends on how hard the procedure is, if your 4 teeth are all growing horizontally, it might take longer since the dentist has to break every one of them into small pieces and take them out)It's actually not that bad, but you probably will only be eating baby food for a week and you can only swallow for the first 2 days. I had no trouble sleeping. Personally, I didn't take any medication because I'm a very pain-tolerant person xDDon't freak out~~ I didn't know that the dentist wants to pull my 4 wisdom teeth out at once until I sat down in the dentist's chair...

The fear of a dentist has been genetically passed down from the last 3 generations, though mine is more of a detestation. I have sensitive teeth so I take special care in keeping them safe.. I don't wish to involve a dentist unless I am being fitted for dentures :lol:I have however been there as moral support for my cousin who had her wisdom teeth removed before getting braces fitted. Poor little thing, her fear of the dentist was extraordinary and when informed that she was not only getting braces but needed her choppers removed first, she almost died.. Well, she didn't die but she did faint before the procedure (so hilarious!).. She had just been given the painkiller and we were all waiting for it to kick in, as the dentist was prodding her gums her eyes just rolled back and her head just slumped.. Of course, we were freaked out.. Hell, even the dentist seemed to have assumed he doped her dead XDWell she woke up a minute later, attempted to scream but then sort of snarled and hissed at us... Her extraction went smoothly but she developed an infection much later when the braces were introduced to her.. She is now without braces and pretty particular about her teeth :) A common friend though was not all that lucky. He went in with a lot of pain, came back with a lot of pain and like shadowx ate something he was not allowed to and that led to a really bad infection... Never seen a grown man cry this bad :|