xisto Community
PCTechnik

New User Alert! Please be gentle...

I use dreamweaver but its costly if you want it free you can probly google it, but im sure there are other free internet applications you can use. You can also download the trial from adobe.com they are the makers of that software well they bought it out from micromedia but thats pretty much it. Google for now is your best help.

Hi there PCTechnik and first of all welcome to the forums! :angel:

So you're exactly like me - looking for some web design tool....well I recently found out an open source application that looks like a perfect alternative to dreamweaver - It's called Aptana and is around 120MB in download size. I haven't used it yet (planning to do so soon) but the reviews have been good so you can go for it :(

If you have any doubts about this forums here are some of the important topics you might want to read:

Forum Rules
Credit System V 3

Hey there, welcome to Trap 17. You've had some good design software suggestions already. I'm not sure your skill with graphics design, you may be a guru already, but some good graphics software to have is Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, and GIMP. Gimp is legally free, so that's always good. I think I'll check out Aptana too.

Hello welcome to Xisto the best post-to-host forum when you will get hosting but fun at the same time.I recommend you WYSIWYG WEB BUILDER this program is fantastic and more intuitive than Dreamwever and have all the functions that you will need to make a good website.The Dreamweaver requires some grade of learning, isn?t much but is so time.But the best is that you get a template with your site pre-editable.Regards

Edited by fermin25 (see edit history)

Hi!@PCTechnikWelcome to Trap 17. I'm guessing you do not want to create your own graphics and then create the HTML files on your own. I'd suggest you have a go with WordPress. The 3.8 release lets you switch between different 'skins' at the click of a mouse (okay, so maybe it involves 2 mouse clicks, but who's counting?). You've also got widget-plugins that you can add to the sidebar, such as for adding calendars, archives, recent posts, recent comments etc. When you order your hosting package, you have the option to have WordPress installed for you so that makes it a whole lot simpler to get started - you don't have to install any of the software yourself!If you prefer to go with some other CMS, there's always Drupal and Joomla! Both are regarded highly and you simply can't go wrong with them.Regards

Welcome to Xisto PCTechnik and if you intend to get a website up here make sure to do lots of posting to earn MyCents which is the credit system used to purchase hosting from Xisto. As for software, there are plenty of free ones, I would check out this topic that I made awhile back about 12 of the free editors that seem to be good for designers.

welcome to Xisto, i hope you have a wonderful time here. i use dreamweaver to make my web pages by the way.

welcome at Xisto community my friend :Di suggest adobe dreamweaver is the best for making a website! but if you want some effects you can see (adobe flash for pro.) :Penjoy surfing at the Xisto :)

Welcome, and post well and you'll be on your way to hosting freedom! On Web Design I would use Dreamweaver + Fireworks/Photoshop. Actually even better than Dreamweaver for newcomers is Expression Web 2, it has a familiar interface for those who like word, and I like the lack of bloat in it compared to Dreamweaver. If you don't like doing too much debugging and all that work yourself, I would suggest an easy CMS to work with like kittyCMS, or a databased powered CMS, like Wordpress. Joomla and Drupal require an extensive knowledge of Javascript and PHP because it doesn't work well with links but by a script unlike wordpress which uses plugins that integrate into folders using relative paths compared to executing plugin scripts in Joomla. The best way is to find a simple theme, and change the header and other little things and start off from there.