xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Reaver

Oh Nine Sigs

I do not recognize the second subject and I think I might recognize the third, but I'm not entirely certain.On an artistic level, I happily cheer and applaud you; very lovely rendering and composition!Iron Man and Magneto certainly don't receive nearly as much attention as they ought to, and ... hmm, not sure if the fourth is supposed to be "Kung Fu Panda" or a Pandaren... but as I'm quite fond of oriental culture, martial arts, tai chi and such forth, I am subsequently quite fond of that signature!Please explain more about the second and third pieces... I love them on a visual level, but I would really like to understand them and why they inspired you.

they are really good!! you are really talented, although i do not what the original pictures looked like you are very creativeim so dumb, when i opened the topic i actually thought they were going to be graduating class of 2009 graphics (oh nine, 09?) :(

Thanks for the comments guys. As you can see there is more to come.

Fractured.Logic -
The second subject is what you would call abstract/fractal and was created using the first sig if you look closely you can see the hand and face of iron man. The third one is from the iron man poster where he is hit by a tank and his armor is damaged and his suit is failing and i decided to see what it would look like if i placed him in a peaceful setting and thats how sunset came about. Meditation is a Pandaren and that and magneto are sigs ive done awhile ago now just in my sig block.

gisellebebegirl -
Thanks, it is 09 but not graduating just sigs i have done recently so you are not dumb hehe. And since you and fracture want to know what the originals where ill place the images here. Doom is just a render with smudge and filters.

Ruins

Poster 1

Poster 2

Oh wow, very nice signatures.

I do not have that much time to critique all of them though! I apologize!

You have very good artistic, photographic, and photo manipulation talent! Congrats, that is a great set of gifts to have and I hope you use them well!

All these signature images are top notch. Man you need to teach me ;)That must be hard to do though, how long would one of those take to make?Also damn my crow animation can't beat your talent :P lol

I'm a sig maker myself, though not a very brilliant one, as I've only started a couple of months ago, but I thought I would like to give some comments on the nine signatures... just positive criticism, so you can improve on your sig making skills, and I can improve on my criticising skills and knwo what to look for in my own sigs and what to improve and avoid and learn.1) It's pretty good, I like it very much, but it wouldn't actually work on a dark background, especially black because the white would contrast with it a bit too much and it will probably blind (well, not blind, but stands out a lot) people that look at it on the forums.2) It like this one too... there's really nothing wrong with it apart from having the same problem as number one sig.3) No comment. That one's very good.... maybe change the text font or size a little? I can read it, and I don't have glasses, but that doesn't mean everyone can read it too... good job, well done!!!4) No comment. This one's really good, though the graphics not to my taste... but it's just my personal opinion. ;) Everyone can have a say at how they feel about it.5) Very good... no comment either. Just the text, maybe.... .....6) This one is the one that actually caught my eye and made my want to reply... firstly, that is way too bright, especially if you were to use it in a black and dark coloured forum. You'll have no problem blinding people, like you nearly did with it here on me... I think you saturarized your colours a teeny weeny bit too much. Try making it softer and maybe more natural... Not artificial like what you've done with it.7) That ones good. I'm not concerned about the bright blue bit in the middle at all... It fits in with the rest of the graphics... Just change the size of the text a bit bigger than it is now... That's my only concern...***This is for the first poster of the thread.

I'm a sig maker myself, though not a very brilliant one, as I've only started a couple of months ago, but I thought I would like to give some comments on the nine signatures... just positive criticism, so you can improve on your sig making skills, and I can improve on my criticising skills and knwo what to look for in my own sigs and what to improve and avoid and learn.

1) It's pretty good, I like it very much, but it wouldn't actually work on a dark background, especially black because the white would contrast with it a bit too much and it will probably blind (well, not blind, but stands out a lot) people that look at it on the forums.

2) It like this one too... there's really nothing wrong with it apart from having the same problem as number one sig.

3) No comment. That one's very good.... maybe change the text font or size a little? I can read it, and I don't have glasses, but that doesn't mean everyone can read it too... good job, well done!!!

4) No comment. This one's really good, though the graphics not to my taste... but it's just my personal opinion. ;) Everyone can have a say at how they feel about it.

5) Very good... no comment either. Just the text, maybe.... .....

6) This one is the one that actually caught my eye and made my want to reply... firstly, that is way too bright, especially if you were to use it in a black and dark coloured forum. You'll have no problem blinding people, like you nearly did with it here on me... I think you saturarized your colours a teeny weeny bit too much. Try making it softer and maybe more natural... Not artificial like what you've done with it.

7) That ones good. I'm not concerned about the bright blue bit in the middle at all... It fits in with the rest of the graphics... Just change the size of the text a bit bigger than it is now... That's my only concern...

***This is for the first poster of the thread.

I agree with most of what you said. Except for the parts where you are like "No comment" then you make a comment about it.

I guess since I didn't critique each one my last post, i will do it now.

1. I looked at it at first, and I didn't know what it was, I just kind of saw an arm which didn't really work, and then I finally saw the iron dude from that movie/comic. I don't think there is a lot of flow or depth in the signature, and its focal point (which there isn't one at the moment) could use some work. It is also a bit over saturated. Good job though.

2. Now I'm not sure what is going on here. I can't see any real focal point, any render, or any theme except kind of an abstract theme. I also think you used the wrong type of border because this signature is a little over saturated.

3. I think this one is actually quite good. It seems pretty simple with maybe some blurring, smudging, filtering with motion, sharpening, etc, but it created a good effect. I think you should have made the glowing on the hand un effected by the effects though so it kind of looks like iron dudes center shiny piece. Over all this is quite a good signature, but the text you used could use some work.

4. This also is actually quite good, I just feel like the render does not fully flow with the background, but the effects on the render are great with the blurring and maybe sharpening. but it doesn't completely flow with the background. I also see some text to the right of the render? I cannot tell what it says but I can see it.

5. This is a great photo manip, but with these photo manips, it would be great if you could possibly post the original piece un-manipulated.

6. This to me is a great manipulation, but in my opnion you should have made the blue a bit darker.

7. This also looks great, but I am having a problem matching the green to the blue in the sky, and the smoke coming out of the volcano doesn't look very real (I'm not sure if that was originally part of the picture or not, but it could use some work) Good job though.

Edited by Tramposch (see edit history)

I agree with most of what you said. Except for the parts where you are like "No comment" then you make a comment about it.

I guess since I didn't critique each one my last post, i will do it now.

Hahaha.... sorry, I think it's just me. I was typing what I was thinking and didn't really look back, I suppose. In general, I was like, "No comment", meaning I didn't really have anything against it and I thought it was generally good in general, but then I looked again and I thought that the text could change a bit, though changing the text is a breeze compared to changing the whole image in it self...

Anyhow, Like your comments... they're more professional than mine. ;)

Hahaha.... sorry, I think it's just me. I was typing what I was thinking and didn't really look back, I suppose. In general, I was like, "No comment", meaning I didn't really have anything against it and I thought it was generally good in general, but then I looked again and I thought that the text could change a bit, though changing the text is a breeze compared to changing the whole image in it self...

Anyhow, Like your comments... they're more professional than mine. ;)

Haha, i didn't mean that to sound Rude or anything.

And thank you, your comments are also really good.

Keep up the good work Reaver, i will comment the other batch of signatures you posted up as well. (soon)