xisto Community
clouds421

Watching Sex Scenes In Movies With Parents... How do you usually feel?

awkward >.< I always am nervous that they're looking at me to see what I'm looking at... well I'm a guy, so what do they expect? My mom always sighs whenever someone says the f word too... nothing I haven't seen or heard, but they don't know that, so i have to put on an oblivious face. like this: "O.O what are those?"

Most people would feel uncomfortable with their parents in any situation involving sex. It's normal, but not necessarily a good thing. Parents are afraid of talking to their kids about sex because they're afraid of exposing their children to it and possibly turning them into little perverts or something.Either way, because of the way society is structured nowadays, sex is more commonly accepted as part of everyday human life, but when it comes to communication on the subject between a child and his or her parents, it's a lost cause. Seeing it on TV with them in the same room is even worse. It's just a result of their upbringing. It may even be the same with you and your kids some day.Another thing that has been happening lately is on Comedy Central and MTV. The Girls Gone Wild commercials are always on which just shows a bunch of lesbians in sexual actions. The only censor is like little stars over the nipples but you can see the whole rest of the boob so it is kind of weird when that comes on and your parents are there. I just turn it right off.

Edited by brautigam (see edit history)

Hmm, this is actually an interesting topic! LoL. I live with my aunt, but although it's not all that embarrassing, I mean after all, it's not me! But I do often find myself curious about what's going on in her head. I never really get past that ouf, "she's probably sitting there thinking, jee, this is just so necessary to have in the movie", cause I really don't want to think anything else! :)

I saw "A History of Violence" with my parents at the cinema. There are two sex scenes on that movie, I tried to watch without acting strange or stuff like that, those sex scenes weren't "sex for sex" but I have to say my father was far more embarassed than me. That's was funny looking at him trying not to look at the screen and ask me what time it was. :) Usually when there are sex scenes on TV Shows like in Rome, I make a joke about it to show I'm not shocked, anyway my parents are not strict, I know they will never force me to not have sex before marriage (my parents don't believe in stuff like that).

sometimes when i watch a movie it may involve sexual relating acts....when i watch a movie with my parents that involve such things i usually feel uncomfortable....i dont know why thou...its pretty weird im not sure what triggers that mood...but im uslaly uncomfortable....but i feel much more comfortable when im alone :) lol

when i was younger i had to cover my eyes. as i got a lil older i was able to watch them with her but i didnt feel comfortable idk but its just something that i wasnt used to. lol now i really dun care. im 18 and i dun care w00t lol

Funny topic. Fortunately my parents just joke with me when there's a scene like kissing etc. My mum is worse than my dad, but my dad just jokes and laughs really.My mum kind of grins at me and it can be quite embarrassing sometimes when there's 'screaming' like someone mentioned. It seems that James Bond always seems to get busy with the girls every single movie.

It feels rather uncomfortable, you are sitting there, and your parents are like looking at you when the sex scene is on, makes you just go to another room like I usually do. Usually my parents would change the channel then change it back after I left :)

In the past, when I was younger, I would find it very awkward and would become speechless. Because to us kids at that time, kissing and sensual actions between a couple is something deemed as wierd and disgusting, so we would often cover our eyes or go to our rooms. But now that we are older and more in touch to these kind of things, there is no reason to feel disgusted, we would just watch silently. No awkward feelings whatsoever. It is alright to watch a male and female of the appropriate age kiss each other. Of course you do not want to be watching 2 gays kissing each other or even an incest contact going on?