xisto Community
bluedragon

Create Wifi Hotspot From Laptop + Lan Creating a wifi hotspot from laptop + LAN (ADSL)

A few days ago I stumbled upon this app. It's called Connectify and lets you "Turn your Windows 7 laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot to share the Internet with" ... "any number of Wi-Fi enabled devices to your network including laptops, phones, gaming systems"...
It seems like what you were looking for. The only thing is that it seems to require Windows 7, I don't know if you have it. I don't, so I couldn't test it, I can neither recommend it nor disapprove it.
http://www.connectify.me/
Good luck

A few days ago I stumbled upon this app. It's called Connectify and lets you "Turn your Windows 7 laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot to share the Internet with" ... "any number of Wi-Fi enabled devices to your network including laptops, phones, gaming systems"...It seems like what you were looking for. The only thing is that it seems to require Windows 7, I don't know if you have it. I don't, so I couldn't test it, I can neither recommend it nor disapprove it.
http://www.connectify.me/
Good luck

Thank, I'll try it out. I am probably gonna buy a new laptop in a next couple of months, So I'll try it then.

Did conectify work for ur purpose?I used it and it worked great. However just if i was connected to WiFi.Now im connected to Lan and it doesnt create a Hotspot on my PC.I hope this is due to my WiFi card in my laptop. Otherwise Conectify wouldnt make sense at all in my opinion.Because there is no need for me for a new hotspot if i have already the chance to connect to some.Anyone knows another programm or way to create a hotspot on ur PC (Win7) to creat a WiFi connection for ur Smartphone when ur PC is only connected to LAN?

Did conectify work for ur purpose?

I used it and it worked great. However just if i was connected to WiFi.

Now im connected to Lan and it doesnt create a Hotspot on my PC.

I hope this is due to my WiFi card in my laptop. Otherwise Conectify wouldnt make sense at all in my opinion.

Because there is no need for me for a new hotspot if i have already the chance to connect to some.

Anyone knows another programm or way to create a hotspot on ur PC (Win7) to creat a WiFi connection for ur Smartphone when ur PC is only connected to LAN?

i can't understand what you want exactly, do you mean that you are connected to internet through LAN and you want to share it with your smartphone using wifi ? if so then the process is just easy, create an AD-Hoc connection with some type of encryption in your windows 7, one great feature that comes with win7 is that you can use a shared internet and share it again (at least this is working for me know). just write click on your lan connection and choose to share it with your wireless card and in the end it is better to define ips manually for better and faster connection. set same ip range in your wireless connection and the wireless settings of your smartphone and then set a public dns (like opendns or google one) to get a successful internet access in your smartphone and you are done.

there is another feature in win7 called virtual wi-fi , your adapter should support it otherwise you can not use it but you can at least give it a try because it is really amazing (some adapters like intel , broadcom , ... support this feature in their latest drivers). for getting this feature to work you need to open a command prompt window and do the following steps :

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyNet key=MyPassword (if you got any error please check your adapter about supporting this feature - mynet is the name you want to use for your access point and my password is the password you want to use for your access point).

netsh wlan start hostednetwork (if you got any error again please check to be sure about feature being supported by your adapter - if you don't know you can email the producer of your adapter to see if they can help you).

Open Control Panel and go to Network and Sharing Center --> Click Change Adapter Settings --> Right click your Internet connection and select Properties. --> Click the Sharing tab. and now share your connection for the wireless adapter (you can do the things i have said in previous way this time too but it is not recommended this time!)

if you faced any problem then try to get this hotfix from microsoft, they have provided this patch for some problems after rebooting in some specific models : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hotfix/kbhotfix?kbnum=2496820&kbln=en-us

by the way after doing all of this you should be able to scan and find your hotspot with your smartphone and connect to it with the username you have specified and you should also be able to use internet without any problem.

Works well on my HP Pavilion, windows 7 laptop. I utilized a download from http://www.connectify.me/ and it was a quick download, easy install and worked the first time with out restarting the laptop. I use it to connect my iphone 4 in the Hotels throughout Asia (BG, CB, TH, ID, IN, RP, MY)and now here in Europe (IT and GE) with out a router. After you set up the program on your laptop, search the wifi network with the device you want to connect and GO!ThanksTD

sharing internet on vista, ad-hoc wireless connectionCreate Wifi Hotspot From Laptop + Lan<p>I used to be able to share my internet when I created a wireless ad-hoc connection. But now the button to choose sharing internet is gone, I can see that in it's place there are half erased letters from the button that existed before.</p><p>So I restored my lap top to a previous time and created a ad-hoc connection again, the button for sharing internet was there again, but only worked for the first day. On the second day I created a ad-hoc connection and the button was gone again, no internet sharing button. </p><p>I've seen people  with the same problem. Does anyone knows how to solve this? Thanks.</p>-reply by malor

friend after reading your post i checked the properties of my wireless network...and found that my sharing drop-down menu has also disappeared . i found out that my microsoft virtual adapter driver was disabled somehow. so i enabled it and problem has been rectified. check your device manager too.

hey dude...connectify had some problems..but now im using "mhotspot"....its the best alternate for connectify....no need to install it even

hii i need a HELP i m using glaxy tab p1000 nd i have hp dv 6000 so i wont my lappy work as a wifi through which i can use it internet on my smart phone i have tried connectify but its not working could u please help me upp i m using window 7 ultimate

Few things on this1) Windows 7 has inbuilt hardware that makes it easy to create Virtual router with AP (Access Point)2) Lower version on windows including Win XP does not have this hardware hence it can share network, but with Ad-Hoc (not AP)3) Most recent Wifi devices use AP to connect and not Adhoc, hence most will not locate the hotspot you've created using Ad-hocHope this sorts all the queries. To know more get on to parasitech.net