xisto Community
-Sky-

What Type Of Gamer Are You?

I'm more into games like Prince of Persia - action mixed with puzzles! I also like the racing genre (NFS, needless to say!) and when I'm bored I go in for games like Tekken as well. I never get bored of Tekken because of the never-ending special attacks. GTA is a special genre of course - you can never get a game like that! I've been playing GTA since GTA2 and I've been hooked onto it like anything. It does get a little tough and maybe boring at times, but after some days, the excitement is back.I used to like MMORPGs but the fun wore off eventually. I'm much better playing on my own that with a bunch of people who're all set to prove that they're in charge!

I am definitely a PC gamer. It all started with quake and counter strike 1.5 for me!I love FPS games and have played them basically my whole life :( I think I may have to start playing console games though, xbox 360 is pretty awesome, video game consoles have come a long way!

I think I may have to start playing console games though, xbox 360 is pretty awesome, video game consoles have come a long way!

and they are sure going along another long way in the future :( we expect more and more from the new consoles, there will be a time when they cannot offer anything new! What will be the situation at that time then?

But maybe PC gamers will have a good time anyway...that breed is not going to fizzle out soon...

I can play pretty much any game. My first love was real time strategy games and they're probably still my favourite. I like Action games though, and simulations (like sim city or even very realistic/slow and less-game like ones such as Dangerous Waters Naval Combat Sim or something). RPG's are fun, and I get quite addicted, but I'm not as addicted to them as some people. Once I beat an RPG I rarely replay it just to find stuff.I like simple and retro style games too, like from emulators or even newly released games. I'm not too fond of those light repetitive arcade games like "Cake Mania" and stuff though. Games seemed a lot more magical when I was younger. I remember my first experience with Super Mario 64 and seeing it in the stores. I couldn't believe my eyes, I was so amazed. :(

Super Mario was the reason I fell in love with games! I used to play it constantly at my cousin's house and I was amazed by what I saw on that screen! In those days people were very easy to impress :angel:I'm fond of small games too. After a day of playing all those tough 3D games, simple games are fun to play, though many may beg to differ on this point by saying they "hate" small games! :(

Super Mario was the reason I fell in love with games! I used to play it constantly at my cousin's house and I was amazed by what I saw on that screen! In those days people were very easy to impress :(
I'm fond of small games too. After a day of playing all those tough 3D games, simple games are fun to play, though many may beg to differ on this point by saying they "hate" small games! :angel:

I agree with you there. I play some 3D games, but mostly I play GTA or Counter-Strike. :excl: Some say that 3D games suck because of the quality etc. I played 2D Counter-Strike and it was a load of rubbish. I uninstalled it from my PC and never got any 2D games again. OOoo, how I hate 2D. I am trying to save up to upgrade my PC a bit more. I only have 1.12GB of RAM, and wanting to get 4 GB, atleast 160GB hard drive and a GB of memory for a GFX card. I also want a new processor since my current one only has 2.01 GHz. :/

I agree with you there. I play some 3D games, but mostly I play GTA or Counter-Strike. :( Some say that 3D games suck because of the quality etc. I played 2D Counter-Strike and it was a load of rubbish. I uninstalled it from my PC and never got any 2D games again. OOoo, how I hate 2D. I am trying to save up to upgrade my PC a bit more. I only have 1.12GB of RAM, and wanting to get 4 GB, atleast 160GB hard drive and a GB of memory for a GFX card. I also want a new processor since my current one only has 2.01 GHz. :/

You might want to consider getting a gaming console. Most of the latest games are made for consoles. You'll never have to worry about upgrading until its time for the next console. I made the jump awhile ago and I haven't been disappointed or regretted it. I'd recommend the Xbox 360. The price is not bad and it has tons of games.

There are a lot of times I prefer 2D to 3D. A big reason is because 3D games need really good hardware to run. Some of my favourite games like Civilization went to a 3D engine and I could hardly play it. I had to turn off all the fancy effects and it was still laggy but playable. I bought this computer a few years ago, and at the time it was a pretty good stock one, I couldn't even run some games released that same year! And even recent games I had to set everything on LOW. Not to mention the ones to come in years to come would take half a dozen of my computers to run enjoyably. Graphics cards cost quite a bit of money, too! Especially since their usefulness expires so fast.But assuming I had a great computer 3D still annoys me sometimes. I play a lot of strategy games and in the recent years they've been going to 3D with the ability to zoom and rotate the screen. In my opinion, that makes playing the game annoying. Like with Rome Total War.. I love that game, it's excellent, it looks amazing and breathtaking, but half my game time is spent spinning around the camera and trying to zoom out and fly halfway across the map. It feels like I'm watching beautiful chaos instead of commanding an army. It's like that with a lot of strategy games. It gets frustrating, and sometimes I yearn for the times when strategy games were just simple 2D games. That's not to say I hate 3D games, because I don't. It depends on the genre, I guess. I love a realistic action-shooter game and I thought Morrowind was a pretty impressive 3D RPG.Doom III was kind of boring and disappointing at first but I went back to it a year after I got it and it was okay in short spurts. It was so dark and dreary every time I beat a level I'd be in a state of depression and need to go for a walk or something lol .

I'm definitively a retro PC gamer, I, even now, Posted Image?playing older PC games like Commandos: BEL/BtCoD/2: MoC; Driver; Turok; FIFA 09/00; Worms series; Carmageddon series and so on...?

I've been playing those games for 3-4 years (from 1998 to 2002) and even when I had a better computer machine I didn't left them, and I still play them up to this moment!

I hate high graphics, big resolutions and games like Crysis and similar that, IMO, are just made for the eye-candy and not the brain. I don't even play CS nor other popular games like WoW, Lineage and so on... They just annoy me! I also don't like little arcade games (except if they're in flash) that cost money and you will forget about them in a week or so...

I'd really like to meet a person in this forum that is an oldtimer like me, I've met many on other forums! :angel:

Forgot to say that I also love Sega Genesis games, my favorite is the Shining Force series, I even made a small review for Xisto for it :(

Edited by miladinoski (see edit history)

me im a RPG gamer..i love role playing specialy online!bec. you can meet/chat real people inonline games! i play warcraft for the mean time! hehe

I think I am a "growing kind of a gamer". I always loved playing computer games. I used to play games ..when I didn't had a computer...I used to play on the school computers ...that was risky ...as the teachers didn't allow us...and sometimes on my friend's computer....After completing schooling, I got a computer of my own..and started playing basic games which don't require a graphics card...because I didn't had a graphics card...I own the same computer till now....and I have been playing all the games that my computer could handle....I have been planning to buy a graphics card...but now ...my computers seems to be gone outdated...so now I am planning on buying a new computer with a decent graphics card....I am just waiting the day...I will be able to pay for the computer...Then I will be able to fulfill my dream ...and would be able to call myself a true gamer..

I agree with you there. I play some 3D games, but mostly I play GTA or Counter-Strike. smile.gif Some say that 3D games suck because of the quality etc. I played 2D Counter-Strike and it was a load of rubbish. I uninstalled it from my PC and never got any 2D games again. OOoo, how I hate 2D. I am trying to save up to upgrade my PC a bit more. I only have 1.12GB of RAM, and wanting to get 4 GB, atleast 160GB hard drive and a GB of memory for a GFX card. I also want a new processor since my current one only has 2.01 GHz. :/

hhmmm... I thought you was rich? :)

Anyway yes I play GTA or Counter-Strike and others along those sorts of lines.

Hi!
I play CounterStrike 1.6 and CounterStrike Source with my buddies at work. It's loads of fun. Sometimes, we also play Unreal Tournament '99 and Unreal Tournament 2004. UT2004 is not as much fun, unless you're with a group that actually knows how to play it, but CounterStrike is more of a point-and-shoot kinda thing.

I liked Need For Speed initially, but it got too monotonous to keep playing over and over again. I then switched to Grand Theft Auto which was lots of fun. If Grand Theft Auto had a native multiplayer option, it would be lots more fun. (Don't even mention MTA here! :-P)

Regards,
Nitin Reddy

We used to play these games on the school LAN network, when the teachers weren't looking. We always got caught though but kept playing the next day. *probably why i failed year 7 math* Anyway we stopped playing the games when the IT coordinator left and we got a new one plus a bunch of tight IT Techies. Something that the school didn't need. Now the internet and computers have multiple firewalls and website blockers that slow down the computers to a state that makes studying or doing homework impossible. All the games we played were on Windows 98 Systems and this was in 05, 06 so the school's computer system is retarded. Now we have Windows XP and all the computers run not from the box, but from the network, which sucks.

We used to play these games on the school LAN network, when the teachers weren't looking. We always got caught though but kept playing the next day. *probably why i failed year 7 math* Anyway we stopped playing the games when the IT coordinator left and we got a new one plus a bunch of tight IT Techies. Something that the school didn't need. Now the internet and computers have multiple firewalls and website blockers that slow down the computers to a state that makes studying or doing homework impossible. All the games we played were on Windows 98 Systems and this was in 05, 06 so the school's computer system is retarded. Now we have Windows XP and all the computers run not from the box, but from the network, which sucks.

Hahah. The paintball team at our school loaded the Halo Custom Edition on the computers. Administration wasn't pleased, because every time a kid were to play it over the network then it were to crash the computers because of the lag. :)
I'm more of a casual gamer, but I still like to play mostly Call of Duty 4 and 5 and *sometimes* GTA.

I'm not sure what I classify myself as.I used to be big into playing PC games, even though I never had the hardware to run anything well. I'm so used to ~15-20 FPS for most of the games that I play that smooth, fluid gameplay is actually very unfamiliar and almost uncomfortable. :D I started out playing with the Commodore 64, but there wasn't much to it. I did Lode Runner and the Mario Bros. game with King Kong in it. Worked up to the NES and I thought it was the best thing ever. I remember whipping out the gold edition of the first (or second?) Link game, and I remember having a few cool games that I played the crap out of (like Ninja Gaiden and Mario Bros. 3).The SNES was pretty damn fun when I had it. I remember playing Street Fighter II with my uncle one night, button-mashing and having the hardest time trying to do a Dragon Punch with Ryu or Ken. (I also remember him being the cheap bum he was, always camping with Guile and ready with a vertical Flash kick or slinging Sonic Booms my way.) I remember having a damn good time with Earthbound, Super Mario World, E.V.O., Gradius III, and a ton of other classics. I was big into the SNES when I was a kid because it was cool and had a ton of fun value in it. Better than the Sega Genesis, really... but then again, the Genesis had Road Rash, which was another game I've played to death and inspired me to snag for the PC just last year.I don't remember much about the PSX, but I know I used to play a good bit of it when I did have it kicking around. Was still quite a gamer then... and I believe that was about the time I was introduced to Resident Evil, playing at night with my uncle watching on the 3DO. (Does anyone remember that?! :P) Crazy times... I think the N64 came out around there too, which then I started getting addicted to 3D gaming with Starfox 64, Super Mario World 64, Super Mario Kart, Perfect Dark, GoldenEye, and all the fun games.When the PS2 came out, I remember being AMAZED at how fluid water looked in Baldur's Gate II. I think it was then that I started to really appreciate and almost demand eye candy from my games. I don't remember playing too much with the PS2 though except for Metal Gear Solid 3, which was a fantastic game. I think this was also about the time when I did my gaming runs where I would play and beat a game, then get distracted with something else for a while until I jumped back into another game.The XBox really got me into games during times when I had nothing else to do. Halo 2 LAN parties in the barracks was always a riot, with CAT-5 cables running up and down stairs, across hallways, and even out of windows just so that we could have a blast fragging each other with stickies, tanks, swords, and dumb-luck shots. I loved the crap out of Halo 2 just because of the multiplayer. I jumped into playing F.E.A.R. on the PC too with my crappy Dell Inspiron 8600, later to be replaced by my now-current HP Pavilion zd8000 that actually ran the game at 1024x768 with medium settings at an acceptable 18-20 FPS (until the firefights got going). It was a vast upgrade from playing Doom II, Duke Nukem 3D, and Soldier of Fortune II back in the day. Call it heresy, but I never played CounterStrike or Half-Life on the PC... ever. I might give it a go sometime, but probably not thanks to the PS2 fabricating my requirement for outstanding graphics.I replaced my XBox with a 360 much later on, but I never got any games for it for the longest time. I don't remember why. I do remember snagging Halo 3 like everyone else did, but after beating it on day 3, the 360 collected dust. Sad, really... but I made up for it when I did my gaming runs a couple of years later with Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, Army of Two, Portal (after having played it on my PC), Half-Life 2 and the two episodes (thanks to The Orange Box), Burnout, and a handful of other great games. I haven't really done too much PC gaming recently, not after leaving active duty and also leaving LAN games of Command and Conquer Generals: Zero Hour, but I still enjoy World of Goo, Unreal Tournament 2003, Spore, and some others from time to time. I'm going to have to re-explore emulators again... the Dell Inspiron 1501 I'm working off of now isn't that great for the stuff I want to try, like F.E.A.R. 2, Crysis, Gears of War, and other games I'll have to wait for.I'm glad I haven't been sucked into any MMORPGs... the time invested in them just seems like a waste of time to me. Why play World of Warcraft for over three years when you can play over a few dozen games or more in the same amount of time? Then again, it's hard to keep me entertained.I can say that I used to be an avid gamer and continue to be when I want to be. But when I'm not, I'm usually busy with other cool stuff... like paintball, lame-o social networking, work, and my fiancee and her kids. :)