xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
caltalor

Newbee i am new

am i awesome   

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi

I only just joined trap 17 today and I have very limited skill in website dev. so far. I plan to make a forum about something very interesting

Welcome lcaltalor to Xisto. I have been reading your post above saying you have very limited skill in Website development so here is a great place to ask questions we have pro's to do with that subject. And maybe you can explain more about your forum you would like to create.

Please make sure you read all the links below on the information you will need to fit in with the community and not get any warnings :lol:.

Please make sure you read the links above very carefully.

Enjoy,

-Ash:).

Welcome, Caltator. I have to decline voting on your poll because I do not feel I know enough about you! I hope that will soon be remedied in the near future. Please bear in mind, for your future contributions, that the quality of your posts counts a lot more than the quantity of your posts. Familiarize yourself with the MyCents 3.0 system... it's fantastic! For example, the last time the credit system updated my information, I had earned $8 and 15.74 MyCents in 49 posts... which calculates to about 16.65 cents per post. I like to write long and thorough posts, though!

Sir Bash, there, has really done a great job with getting you started. Here are a few more links for your browsing pleasure, however!

Take care, and I look forward to seeing what you have to contribute! Take care!

Hi I only just joined trap 17 today and I have very limited skill in website dev. so far. I plan to make a forum about something very interesting

Hi!

I've just noticed that you can vote both Yes and No on the poll you've created. The best of relations usually have their ups and downs, so I gave you both votes! :-)

To start up a forum, you don't really have to know all that much about development, although you would want to get some help with the graphics... there's plenty of help available at Xisto with pretty much anything you are looking for.

BTW, just to get you started, you might want to take a look at phpBB, vBulletin and Invision Power Board (IPB) as possible candidates in your search for a bulletin board.

-Nitin

For example, the last time the credit system updated my information, I had earned $8 and 15.74 MyCents in 49 posts... which calculates to about 16.65 cents per post. I like to write long and thorough posts, though!

Just goes to show you what inflation can do - way back in the old days, people talked about "my 2 cents worth" and now you get to say "my 16.65 cents worth". :-)

BTW, in many developing parts of the world, you'd be surprised at how little people make and how little they spend every year. $80 per month gets you a pretty decent living in some parts.