xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
arjupun

Aids Or Swine Flu? Which Disease is dangerous you think......

Swine flu isn't fully considered dangerous, possibly only to people with pre-exiting medical problems. In Australia over 6000 people have the Swine flu and only 10-20 have died and they were mostly cancer patients. Swine flu indeed spreads the fastest and most easily although AIDS would be considered more dangerous. I live in the state of Victoria were the majority of people have swine flu, but in my area only a few people have it. I'm not in any worry. Although even catching the normal Influenza Virus is more dangerous then Swine Flu. The number of people who die from influenza is higher than the people who die from the Swine Flu. On a final note AIDS is far more deadly then Swine flu but AIDS does not carry as easily to one person to the other.

Aids is for sure the dangerus;because aids has no cure at all even with medicine, its like a bacteria that slowly spreading at your body,Swine flu is not dangerouse because it can be cure with a medicine. but in our country they say its dengerous and many people here panics when they heard he made contacts at the school before he gots his flu,hays hays people here are over acting you know! ew

I say AIDS, swinefluu is just a media scare, the whole thing failed anyways you dont really see people dying on the streets and *BLEEP* haha

I say AIDS, swinefluu is just a media scare, the whole thing failed anyways you dont really see people dying on the streets and *BLEEP* haha

your right man
swine flu is only a mediascare us you said.
i just add this info about my critics,
i think swine flu illness is old bacteria! they only discover it this year and spread it out on the whole world!

AIDS is definitely more dangerous than swine flu. (Personally I think swine flu has been way over-hyped, but that's a different can of worms.) There's no cure for AIDS, and it's not something that can just resolve itself (like swine flu). Another thing is that swine flu is only very dangerous for people who are in specific risk groups and already have an immune system that is compromised in some way. Most people who get swine flu can treat it as if they had the regular flu and they're fine. AIDS can afflict anybody, and once it does, the afflicted person is screwed forever.

If you think swine flu is worse than aids than you are seriously mistaken, HIV is wayy more advanced than swine flu. the virus actually injects it's RNA into the host cells of the victim and then uses the cell to replicate it's DNA as part of the host cell. So it essentially hijacks your own cells to replicate itself. This an advanced virus not a "flu" there is a reason they call aids a disease and H1N1 a flu.But AIDS itself cannot be spread, AIDS stands for auto-immuno-deficiency syndrome which means someone who's immune system is unable to support normal function. AIDS is caused by HIV which IS contagious and is responsible for MILLIONS of people dying of AIDS each year.Also just the ability alone for a virus to spread doesn't make it it more dangerous you need to look at a few major factors:A.) HIV has a very high rate of death most people who get HIV will die of HIV related causesB.) Swine flu has a relatively low rate of death, people who are already healthy and have access to healthcare have to problem fighting off the virusC.) HIV can take YEARS to show any symptoms, this means that during the period of time while the host is unaware that she / he has aids they can spread it to others without their knowledge.D.) To prevent swine flu people wash their hands, to prevent HIV people must abstain from sex.. which in modern times is very unlikely, addicts must opt not to share needles full of drugs that they are addicted to, Children must abort themselves before they are born with a mother who has aids and people in the past who needed blood transfusions would have needed to deny a transfusion that would save their lives. so it's a really big stretch..In short HIV/AIDS > H1N1 / Swine Flu

I doubt swine flu is killing as fast as AIDS. However something we have to concern about is the number of deaths cancer is causing. I have read that deaths from cancer will be the leading in the next years, surpassing deaths from AIDS and other disease.

Well those are pretty different so it is hard to compare them. Aids is mostly in countries that cannot afford medicine and porper "protection" (I will leave it at that). H1N1 is a new virus that spreads faster and hits pretty hard but you have the medicine to heal it. Altough if you were talking about the countries that don't have much medicine H1N1 would be a huge pandemic because it will keep spreading do to lack of proper vaccination, as Aids if you get it your screwed will be fatal as well but there will definetly be a bigger amount of sicknesses because of H1N1. If you were talking about a country like the US that has proper restrictions and medicine than Aids will not be as much as a bother as the H1N1. Think about it.

yea, i hate when the media hypes things up in issues they themselves are not fully aware. i also think it's sad because millions of people depend on the media to give out accurate information. what's really going to be sad is when people stop believing in the media because of issues like the swine flu. when a real epidemic hits, it will be the boy who cried wolf one too many times. the media will not be believed and more people will die. so in effect, the media could be the future cause of lives being lost(indirectly ofcourse).

Yep. Also, not very many people have died from it - according to the World Health Organization. So I find it kind of interesting just how much media attention, etc. it is getting. It is utterly ridiculous, and I really don't know why everyone is freaking out about it. I guess that is what happens when the media hypes things up :P

Things are getting worse day by day as the weather and the environment changes. We at the receiving end of the industrialization are facing the mutation massacre. There will be more such killer diseases and humans victimized whether they have good immunity or not.

Wait are you really being serious here? 90% of the people who got Swine Flu were treated quickly and those who had a severe attack because of asthma and other respitory ailments they took a bit longer, and those with respitory illnesses were the ones who died when they got swine flu. AIDS is a virus, there's no fixing it. You can try to delay it, but you're gonna die and suffer for the rest of your life, its a horrible, horrible, horrible disease. It ravages your immune system, and slowly removes the joys of being able to go outside and if you get sick, its just a day or two of relaxing, while AIDS removes that pleasure from you, every minor infection must be avoided in order to prevent serious respitory illnesses such as pneumonia. Swine Flu doesn't even compare. Its a variation on the Flu, and dies out in your body pretty quickly. There is no vaccine for aids, although there is a vaccine for swine flu. You just can't compare a disease that destroys your life, to a somewhat misnomer of a pandemic, which infact is basically a glorified version of the common flu.