xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
longtimeago

We Are In The Last Days So wake up ppl ...wake up

The world is going to end and we are in the last days. The Bible clearly records this. We are in the last days; to make every one understand what is the reality let me explain the whole scenario in simple words. The earth was created by God the father, the first 2 people whom God created on this face of the earth was Adam and Eve. So we all know that Adam and Eve were tempted by Satan the serpent. Now many people in this world still don?t know who is this Satan and where did he come from. My dear friends Satan by name Lousifer was an angel in heaven. When God created the heaven and when he had Angels there, Lousifer was one among them. On one day Satan had a thought in his mind, which can be stated in simple words as, ?Why can?t I be God?. This was the mindset on his mind. Lousifer was well known for his beauty. So the moment he had this thought he was kicked out of heaven, to the bottom most place, and there he had to dwell which is nothing but Hell. Now Satan is kicked to Hell and he is the person there, there after when god created Adam and Eve, Satan too saw that. Satan had powers, but nothing equivalent to the power of The Lord God Almighty. So his plans were simple, just to go and destroy the creation of God. Here in this scenario Adam and Eve were the creations of God and Satan went and deceived them by making them to eat the forbidden fruit.At this point what was Satan?s aim? It?s so simple; make Adam and Eve to disobey God. That is to make them sinners by disobeying God. As the whole world knows, they took the forbidden fruit and sin entered into this world. And there after generations passed, Sin was multiplying in this world. These are the olden days where the Bible records as Old Testament. Here during this period God had direct dealings with the people and there was the rule which was something similar to ?If some one commits mistake, immediate punishment was granted?. These were the times where great kings like David lived on the face of this earth. As life continued in this earth, sin was growing and growing. Then God saw that it was really too bad, and that was the time we had the so called ?dark ages?. Most of the Cartoons have this clearly expressed, Dark Age is a period of darkness, for around 40 years (im not sure) God took his face off from the earth, and this period is the gap between the Old Testament and the New Testament in the Bible. In the Old Testament God has revealed to many prophets about how the world will be saved.Now that sin has entered into this world and it is prevailing, now is the time that God decided to send his only begotten son, Lord Jesus. Here marks the beginning of AD, till that the time was BC. (Before Christ). People of the world listen to this ?History was divided into 2 BC and AD because of the birth of Lord Jesus Christ?. Now God spoke to Virgin Mary through an angel that she will give birth to son and he is to be called Jesus. And it happed so. Now Jesus Christ lived on this earth for 33 and half years, during which he performed miracles and showed signs and wonders. Now Satan was aware of all these things and he tempted Jesus Christ when he was living as a man in this earth. Now Satan?s ultimate aim was to destroy Lord Jesus , so as it was written Lord Jesus Christ was Crucified on the Cross, taking away all the sins of this world , all the curses and everything was caste on him on the Cross. This was the time that Satan was enjoying. When Jesus was born, that time itself Satan devised plans to kill him when he was a baby boy. But nothing worked out. So this time when Jesus was Crucified on the Cross , Satan would have been enjoying thinking that he is dead once for all. But as the he was put inside the tomb, by the power of the Holy Spirit Jesus Christ rose up from the dead. His tomb can be still seen with the Shroud, that is the exact image of he lying there, this is one the worlds most unsolved mystery for non believers. Jesus Christ is the risen Lord God , and he is alive today, now that Satan has been crushed, Jesus Christ took away all the powers of Satan by giving his own life on the Cross.Now what is going exactly in this world ?? Satan knows for sure that he is a looser, and he wants you and me also to be a looser like him, so he makes man to fall into sin by doing things against God. So that he can make you and me a looser. This is the exact plan of Satan. Whatsoever God has asked man to do , Satan tries to make man the opposite The Bible clearly records about the Rapture- that is the second coming of Lord Jesus. He will come and judge people and he will Judge, and throw Satan and his people to Hell and take the others with him to heaven. This second coming is recorded in the bible as Rapture and during this period what will take place is also recorded. The events which takes place today are exactly the same. We are in the last days.Now what is to be done ? how to be saved ? The Bible clearly records that God has sent his only begotten son Jesus , that whomsoever believes in him will not perish but they will have everlasting life. Now what is to be believed to be saved. Its so simple, Jesus Christ came from heaven to earth to show the way, and from the earth to the Cross for my sins to pay , from the cross to the grave and from the grave he was risen and he is the only Lord. This has to be believed.This is the overall truth which I want everyone to understand, there are more and more in depth truth, just pray a simple prayer and start reading the Bible, you yourself will get to know all the hidden and the real secrets , thereby can be a child of God and can escape from the clutches of Satan and eternal condemnation , through the power of God.So arise people arise, we are in the last days, the world is gonna end very soon, before that Believe the truth and be saved.

I agree with what you say about history. However, where in the Bible does it record events that are currently taking place in the world? What scripture do you have that backs up the claim that we are close to the Rapture?Regards,z.

I agree with what you say about history. However, where in the Bible does it record events that are currently taking place in the world? What scripture do you have that backs up the claim that we are close to the Rapture?
Regards,

z.

I agree...People have been saying for over 50 years that "we are close to the rapture." Nobody knows when it will happen, so to say it is "soon" means nothing. There are many things people keep trying to relate to "the end" such as current presidents, wars, etc. but the truth is only one person knows the truth: God.

That's weird because I read this other book, um what was it called... uh... Cinderella? Yea that, and it said that if I can just sing enough and dance with rodents, I'll meet a hansom prince one day and we will eventually get married and live happily ever after. Wait... what's that? Cinderella isn't true? You say it's just a book? Well... then why not the Bible?I'm just kidding, you are free to practice your religion. But, is there any proof of the existence of God, anywhere? Now I do hope one wouldn't list a confounding array of 'miracles' that one so conveniently attributes to 'God' because then one would be making quite the logical fallacy. Here's what I think. Now be warned, I am an Agnostic, leaning towards Atheism, so what I say may be pure idiocy and complete rubbish, as obviously I am not as aware of the truth as you are, but do humor by lunacy for the briefest moment:Live your life the way you want to. Do what comes natural to you, not what you do when in fear of judgment. Live as though no one will come to you and judge you, banishing you to hell based on his opinion. Live like there isn't a colossal entity staring down at you with a giant sniper rifle, waiting to shoot you to hell if you don't ask for forgiveness. Why? Because there was no God back in cavemen days. There was no Bible either. There was, indeed, a Bible later on. What does that mean? Well that means someone, a human person, or more likely a group of scholars, wrote the Bible. Now humans aren't to be trusted. After all, look at me, I'm the crazy lunatic trying to tell you that there is no God, right? So what makes this one book so important that you should curb your true self in fear of damnation?Here's what I feel. Religion, across the globe, was made as a way to unite a group of people. That one idea that unites a million people could be a man nailed to a cross, a great Joo Joo at the bottom of a river, or maybe ten thousand deities with multiple arms and magical weapons. But the point is, it's an idea, meant to better ourselves and tie us together. So sure, if you're going to use the idea of Jesus Christ in order to mimic his good will, then go for it. If you'll read the Mahabharata to learn from Krishna's teachings to Arjuna, go for it. Heck, if you want to learn how to get your 'game on' from the great Zeus, go for it. Just don't let religion put fear into you. I don't believe that was what it was made for. I apologize if this has offended anyone, it was not my intent to do so.

Actually there is an active part of the human brain scientists have attributed to believing. So you could say some have a natural disposition towards believing depending on how much they utilize that part. Personally i don't believe in this last day thing, it's been said many times before, i think it just serves to reinforce atheism in some poeple more than anything else.

Actually there is an active part of the human brain scientists have attributed to believing. So you could say some have a natural disposition towards believing depending on how much they utilize that part. Personally i don't believe in this last day thing, it's been said many times before, i think it just serves to reinforce atheism in some poeple more than anything else.

yes, believing is very natural. People are terrified of death and the suffering in this world, and feel comfortable when they can convince themselves that they will live forever in paradise and all the bad guys will live forever in torture. It is also a big part of why no one is actually fixing our problems.
The OP's signature is a perfect example of this; he uses religion to avoid dealing with death & not feel guilty about anything he does. As they say, ignorance is bliss.
Edited by RedAlert (see edit history)

It is also a big part of why no one is actually fixing our problems.

Ironically, the ones doing the most problem solving are believers. But to say that no one is fixing anything includes unbelievers, too.

The OP's signature is a perfect example of this; he uses religion to avoid dealing with death & not feel guilty about anything he does. As they say, ignorance is bliss.

Ignorance doesn't follow from the statement. However, Christianity requires admitting your sins; people don't admit their sins without guilt.

Ironically, the ones doing the most problem solving are believers. But to say that no one is fixing anything includes unbelievers, too.

of course, this is only because the vast majority of people are believers. You aren't talking proportionally. In fact, many fundies (like Jack Chick) advocate living your life worshiping jesus instead of solving world problems.

Ignorance doesn't follow from the statement. However, Christianity requires admitting your sins; people don't admit their sins without guilt.

I understand that. I was pointing out that this is the case for someone in particular. In this case, the poster of this thread.

Ironically, the ones doing the most problem solving are believers.

This is Logical fallacy. I would like to know your sources for this that says "most problem solver people are believers". You can make up numbers if you want but i would like to see some stats you bring from valid sources. People like to throw their belief and make some statements like this by saying most problem solvers are believers. Where is the stats ? And problem solvers are categorized as believers and unbelievers ?

of course, this is only because the vast majority of people are believers. You aren't talking proportionally. In fact, many fundies (like Jack Chick) advocate living your life worshiping jesus instead of solving world problems.

I've never heard of Jack Chick or of his practices, but believers tend to know the implications of what is meant by living your life for Christ. Better yet would be if the following verses were referenced: Matthew 25:34-40.

This is Logical fallacy. I would like to know your sources for this that says "most problem solver people are believers". You can make up numbers if you want but i would like to see some stats you bring from valid sources. People like to throw their belief and make some statements like this by saying most problem solvers are believers. Where is the stats ? And problem solvers are categorized as believers and unbelievers ?

Here's a short list: link. Here's another as a back-up: link. From this you should be able to derive that i can keep the list coming, along with Islamic and other Abrahamic religion charities. However, i do not necessarily mean to exclude every other theistic religion, but the topic is related to the Abrahamic religion. But i can also provide an argument, though i consider it slightly weak, that implies that most world-problem solvers or helpers are believers. We can use the world's population for this. Though i prefer not to use Wikipedia as the supplier of the world's population, they tend to provide references themselves. Click. From this we can conclude that approximately 3.614 billion people in the world are professing that they belong to an Abrahamic religion. According to this page the world's population is 6.794 billion. 6.794 - 3.614 = 3.18, which means the Abrahamic religions fill over 50% of the world's population. However, this is not to exclude other theistic religions. But giving to charities and volunteering requires motivation, of which believers get from their churches, Bibles, and other believers. Unbelievers do not have many, if at all any, sources for motivation that would want them to provide for those outside of their self or families. Though you could argue that believers providing for others could be a motivation for unbelievers, whether it be out of envy or other, but that is desired and wanted by believers anyway.

Now, if you would be so kind as to provide me with charities that are proclaiming unbelievers, we can have a decent discussion.

Here's a short list: link. Here's another as a back-up: link. From this you should be able to derive that i can keep the list coming, along with Islamic and other Abrahamic religion charities. However, i do not necessarily mean to exclude every other theistic religion, but the topic is related to the Abrahamic religion.

Charities as problem solving approach ? Good, i thought you'll come up with list of problem solvers like Allen turning,Carl sagan or people who are solving problem in respective other domains. Don't tell me how these charities work. I'm seeing such charities working here in india, asking people to convert first in exchange of money/shelter/jobs, giving lectures every Saturday preaching against other religions as well. Very nice way of solving problems with charity you know. So i hope you get what type of list i expected from you when i meant problem-solving.

But i can also provide an argument, though i consider it slightly weak, that implies that most world-problem solvers or helpers are believers. We can use the world's population for this. Though i prefer not to use Wikipedia as the supplier of the world's population, they tend to provide references themselves. Click.

Appeal to popularity+ Appeal to common practice and mix of other fallacies. How many are agnostic and non-theistic religion (jainism and other agnostics religion) hiding under the shelter of Abraham religions for example. Islamic countries don't allow people to convert in another religions or being agnostic, you're counting this in population ? NO. So such population claims without stats makes no sense. And this flaw explains everything in your argument. Now any attempt to justify makes no sense.

But giving to charities and volunteering requires motivation, of which believers get from their churches, Bibles, and other believers.

Giving food/shelter/job in exchange of religion conversion is problem solving ? If you want to present argument in this, sure go on. I'm Done as i explained about this already.

Unbelievers do not have many, if at all any, sources for motivation that would want them to provide for those outside of their self or families.

Claim from ignorance and insufficient data.

Now, if you would be so kind as to provide me with charities that are proclaiming unbelievers, we can have a decent discussion.

Unbelievers don't provide or form charities organization in exchange for religion conversion. http://mishascupcakes.com/ is one organization formed by unbelievers and it doesn't discriminate in terms of faith like missionary charities in india while helping. It helps people no matter what they're, be it unbeliever or believer. This explains everything from my side, hope you get my point if you look at it outside view of preaching.

Charities as problem solving approach ? Good, i thought you'll come up with list of problem solvers like Allen turning,Carl sagan or people who are solving problem in respective other domains. Don't tell me how these charities work. I'm seeing such charities working here in india, asking people to convert first in exchange of money/shelter/jobs, giving lectures every Saturday preaching against other religions as well. Very nice way of solving problems with charity you know. So i hope you get what type of list i expected from you when i meant problem-solving.

Strange, i just did a quick search through the list i have provided just to make sure, and i found nothing of which you speak of concerning Carl Sagan, Allen Turning, and whoever else you had in mind. However, i am not surprised that you would try to argue, whether indirectly or directly, and whether significantly or insignificantly, that religion is the cause of all evil. But i can very much consider your argument ad hominem and consisting of other fallacies, like putting the list of charities i provided in the same level of the movements within your area that you dislike (or hate).

Appeal to popularity+ Appeal to common practice and mix of other fallacies. How many are agnostic and non-theistic religion (jainism and other agnostics religion) hiding under the shelter of Abraham religions for example. Islamic countries don't allow people to convert in another religions or being agnostic, you're counting this in population ? NO. So such population claims without stats makes no sense. And this flaw explains everything in your argument. Now any attempt to justify makes no sense.

Hmm? If they're hiding, how can they help out? And shelter you say? While the Islamic religion doesn't want people to convert to another religion (though this could be said for any religion), that doesn't mean Muslims haven't done so. It is not unheard of for a Muslim to convert to Christianity, et cetera, and vice versa. But i don't see how you can say i didn't provide any stats. You are the one that is supposed to be providing stats that show that unbelievers are hiding within the believing groups and every other statement you have said that requires the same form of evidence. I would not think that you would mind having the same standard you ask of me being requested from you. Your own statement, by your own standards, is self refuting.

Giving food/shelter/job in exchange of religion conversion is problem solving ? If you want to present argument in this, sure go on. I'm Done as i explained about this already.

If you have followed my statement, you would have noticed that my statement already assumes that the believer is a believer. Could you inform me how you concluded that a believer is not a believer?

Claim from ignorance and insufficient data.

Here is what is observable: atheists starting movements that are in the form of pure mockery of other religions (e.g. Winter Solstice, and others). Their argument that they generally use for their justification: "Freedom from religion." In other words, the motivation came from some apparent envy or dislike or hate against believers.

Unbelievers don't provide or form charities organization in exchange for religion conversion. http://mishascupcakes.com/ is one organization formed by unbelievers and it doesn't discriminate in terms of faith like missionary charities in india while helping. It helps people no matter what they're, be it unbeliever or believer. This explains everything from my side, hope you get my point if you look at it outside view of preaching.

I was hoping for an exhaustive list, not just one. One organization isn't enough to "take down" the list i provided. As mentioned before, i wouldn't consider it absurd to request for the same standard from you that you ask from me. So, please, along with an actual exhaustive list, also provide me with the sources that state that all the lists i provided require you to convert in order to be able to be helped out in the first place.

Strange, i just did a quick search through the list i have provided just to make sure, and i found nothing of which you speak of concerning Carl Sagan, Allen Turning, and whoever else you had in mind.

Do you get it when i said problem solving was related to Problem solving in terms of some respective work in science, arts, or whatever domains that contribute to humans. Not like forming charity under the missionary work for preaching and increasing number of followers of religion by bribing. If this missionary propaganda is under definition of solving problem then i fail to get that point.

However, i am not surprised that you would try to argue, whether indirectly or directly, and whether significantly or insignificantly, that religion is the cause of all evil. But i can very much consider your argument ad hominem and consisting of other fallacies, like putting the list of charities i provided in the same level of the movements within your area that you dislike (or hate).

Did i said that "evil is religion" anywhere in my post or you're making claims on your own for sake of debate? Sorry, not going to pick such baits for religious debates. You're making assumptions here by putting people in believer and non believer category when it comes to problem solving. And ad-hominem are you kidding me ? If you can take pain to visit to india i can prove my claim that what charity organization with religious intentions do here (be it any religion,you pick the charity religious organization at my place, i'll show you their intentions).

Hmm? If they're hiding, how can they help out? And shelter you say? While the Islamic religion doesn't want people to convert to another religion (though this could be said for any religion), that doesn't mean Muslims haven't done so. It is not unheard of for a Muslim to convert to Christianity, et cetera, and vice versa.

They're hiding cause of fear of death. Those who are hiding and not disclosing their agnosticism or unbeliever status are into greenpeace,old-age homes and many other organization like cry etc. They do voice out their opinion when they go outside their territory. It's not easy for them to do this. Muslims kill when person in their religion turns to Christianity or agnosticism. Are you unaware of this ? Besides that before you say about this check youtube for zakir naik videos for Islamic preaching, charity,conversion and what their opinion about converting from islam to Christianity.

But i don't see how you can say i didn't provide any stats. You are the one that is supposed to be providing stats that show that unbelievers are hiding within the believing groups and every other statement you have said that requires the same form of evidence.I would not think that you would mind having the same standard you ask of me being requested from you. Your own statement, by your own standards, is self refuting.

Escapism. From the start when i posted to you,do you know who holds the burden of proof ? Do you know which part i quoted ? Check my first reply to you again. And please don't repeat this"i would expect the same standard from you" line.

If you have followed my statement, you would have noticed that my statement already assumes that the believer is a believer. Could you inform me how you concluded that a believer is not a believer?

Did i said believer is not believer ? Where in my earlier post i said that can you point me that out.

Here is what is observable: atheists starting movements that are in the form of pure mockery of other religions (e.g. Winter Solstice, and others). Their argument that they generally use for their justification: "Freedom from religion." In other words, the motivation came from some apparent envy or dislike or hate against believers.

They do this in charity organization ? and preaching this stuff with problem-solving charity organizations, if so let me know about those charity organization you know personally.

I was hoping for an exhaustive list, not just one. One organization isn't enough to "take down" the list i provided. As mentioned before, i wouldn't consider it absurd to request for the same standard from you that you ask from me. So, please, along with an actual exhaustive list, also provide me with the sources that state that all the lists i provided require you to convert in order to be able to be helped out in the first place.

Do you know how many unbelievers are into charity or social work but don't show-off ? Are you counting them ? If you don't then even though you lost interest in this "exhaustive list of unbeliever charity organization list" here you can say you have ignored them in your stats. And about list that you provided for chartities are not all fall in my region and i never claimed them ALL to be in my comments, So care to read my posts again for that reference. Those who fall in my region i can show you conversion propaganda hidden inside their preaching. Do you want to know about that then come to india and i'll show you those charities.

I'm done with such escapism debate if person fails to see the point i made that "problem-solving is irrespective of theological stance and there is religious preaching with intention of charity".

Edited by mahesh2k (see edit history)

This has always been my opinion.If you wright a book saying something like..... "and this volcano will urrupt"sooner or later it will. that's my opinion on the bible. sooner or later things like it says will happen as with any book unless it was meant to be like a firyland or somethingAs for the "final days"I believe if we do end and the earth is destroyed it's our own doings. Not to do with God or anythingwe are destroying ourselves with our pollution and war and breaking down the 0-zone even more with rockets and whatnot we're sending into space.Yes I admit I am an aithiest but that's only because nothing good has ever happened in my life so I have no reason to believe but that's a whole other discussion right?

@truefusion & mahesh2kSorry to interrupt, but i dont think continuing your campaign is not a good idea hereYou can provide everything you have, but that's all happen, nothing gonna change (you know, christian will still be christian, hindu will still be hindu, and atheist will be atheist)In short, your debate wont be any "problem-solving" at all, just make each side uncomfortablesooner or later the other will come to speech and, you know, it's an endless fightThank you before, if you mind reading this post :)