xisto Community
adriantc

Did We Land On The Moon? Did we land on the moon?

Now this is some interesting debate.... :D I personaly think that we landed on the moon. But who know's? everything is possible with americans :D

Now, is there anyone here that tells me that wasn't a good time for a hoax. in the middle of the cold war if you couldn't go to the moon you hoax it. Why didn't the russians go to the moon (even after the americans). Everyone saw it and now they can't say it wasn't true. It's like 9-11...

The shadows and the flapping flag are certainly good enough to raise doubts. and if u think long enough, the logical thing is that if we have gone there once, why did they not go again. It has been a long time since and the technological progress would ensure that we gather more important data which can be used by the scientists. Its not like that they had collected all the data that time.

Moreover what i suppose is that if the landing was real, then there wud definitely have been more missions.

btw all said, no9t9 what made the flag flutter when there is no atmosphere.

45571[/snapback]

I've already answered ALL of these questions. Asking them again is not an arguement or a conversation.

As I have already stated. The moon is not that interesting compared to the cost of going there. The last time they were there, they brought back a LOT of moon crap. Also, the funding must be there in order to actually send people there. Much of the funding is POLITICALLY motivated. Would americans want to spend billions to send someone to the moon or use that money for something else. Nobody CARES about someone going to the moon. Space missions have had very poor public interest for the last 20 years, so it is very hard for the government to dump money into that.

The foot-prints would not have been so deep, since the gravity is 1/6th that on earth.

Does this really need an explaination?

(1) moon dust is soft

(2) the space suit/equipment easily weight 50lbs or more (a fireman's equipment weighs 50lbs (oxygen tank, helment, jacket, etc.)

conclusion - 1/6 gravity can still make a deep imprint in the ground

All the facts put forward in the documentary seem to have a reason.

Also, it has been long since the documentary was released but I have not heard of any comments/clarification to the doubts raised in the documentary by the space agency in question.

Yes, the reason is ENTERTAINMENT. Seriously, you think FOX is a credible TV station? they are a joke! they do EVERYTHING for ratiings.

I don't see why NASA needs to come out and dispute the "facts". The so called "facts" are easily disproved with only a LITTLE thought. NASA doesn't, and shouldn't, speak out against FOX's drivel becuase it would only give it credibility.

Did we land on the moon?

We take for granted when we hear Neil Armstrong saying "One small step for men, one giant

leap for menkind". But did he step on the moon or he really steped in a giant recording studio in

Aria 51. Some say men landing on the moon was a giant hoax, the most expansive movie ever

made. Why? With a simple search on google you can discover proof of this hoax.

1. American flag flaping on the moon which everybody knows has no atmosfere.

2. Photos made by the astronauts in (NASA says) different locations seem identical.

3. Shadows in the same photos suggest 2 different light sources, but on the moon the sun is the

only light source.

4. No dust present on the moon lander.

5. If you double the speed of the tape with the astronauts walking on the moon, you will see

that they seem to run.

What I have told you are not the only proofs, only the most important one. I suggest you

watch the documentary made by an american tv channel (NBC not sure thought). After seeing

that documentary I am wondering if we really landed on the moon...

45316[/snapback]

This same thing was aslso on TechTV. Unscrewed with martin Sergeant also had someone on his show that had said the sameexact things that you have said. but we will never find out unless that nasa comes out and says that we were lieing the whole time. I am debating over the fact if we went or not. Some of the evidence seems a little weird too me but that is just my opinion.

I think it did happened that we did land on the moon. Why would the government want to hide that we didn't go to the moon? That's ebcause we did go to the moon. I've seen a tv program about this about the "fakeness" of the moon landing. And some folks were skeptical about the lunar landing. I believe its true.

Humm, americans could have used the moon landing too make Americans look special again...Nt on the other hand, they could have been working on it for such a long time, they might have the technolegy etc to travel to it.. :D

er...i do believe that human beings have landed on the moon since the advanced development of spaceship and technology in universal field...anyhow someone said about the flag wether float or not without wind on the moon,or the simple and cheated photo taken for action on the moon in 1969.if you trust the scientific strength in your life...everything should be,must be ture! umm,maybe we could witness that human being land on the Mars in several yrs.at that time,the author should give a post ,the topic of which is "Did We Land On The Mars?".

I my opinion anyone that thinks we did not Land on the moon is a complete retard and here are my answers that go against The post starters.1. American flag flaping on the moon which everybody knows has no atmosfere.First of all, Niel used a string to make it flap back and forth otherwise it would have held still, YOU CAN EVEN SEE THE FREAKING STRING IF YOU LOOK HARD ENOUGH. Also, he stated this.2. Photos made by the astronauts in (NASA says) different locations seem identical.No, that is because the moon has just about the same terrain unlike earth, maybe pieces of the same asteriod hit in different spots. Also, What if they took 2 pictures of the same spot....x.x3. Shadows in the same photos suggest 2 different light sources, but on the moon the sun is the only light source.Not totally true, the sun may be the main light source but the sun reflecting off the earth could have provided the same thing. Maybe the camera had a flash? Possibly they were using light sources to get a look at something better?4. No dust present on the moon lander.THATS BECAUSE THERE IS NO WIND TO MAKE THE DUST STIR AND GET ON THE MOONER LANDER....LOL.5. If you double the speed of the tape with the astronauts walking on the moon, you will see that they seem to run.YES, THAT IS BECAUSE YOU ARE SPEEEDING UP THE TAPE, OF COURSE THEY ARE GOING TO BE GOING FASTER......ROFL.wow, I'm not a big AMERICA fan myself, but if you dont believe ANYONE ever landed on the moon you are a complete retard....these stupid hoax ideas were most likely thought up by some looser who hates america or something...lol.You guys crack me up. I may sound like a retard, but I suppose it is freedom of choice and my choice is to believe we landed on the moon....this "Proof" is stupid and NOT true in my opinion.Oh yes, and to the idiot who states that we never went to the moon again....rofl. We goto the moon and into space ONCE a year dude...lol....We go every year...have you not bothered to watch tv lately? Or read the paper? there have been tons of shuttle launches since that one...remember the one that blew up about a year ago?

enough with the 'retard' thing, kid. sheesh.We don't go to the moon every year, we go into space. We don't have to go into space at all. We don't go to the moon because we don't have to and people would think that costs too much money. But going up and studying what weightlessness does to bugs, I guess, is fine.

I don't think they'll be another moon mission, until the mission where they plan to set up a moon base. Mainly because NASA very carefully made sure that when they got to the moon, everything they ever dreamed they might need to be collected was collected, so that they wouldn't have to go again for a while. I beleive that they did land on the moon, for all the reasons stated before. :D

Everyone but one person has refused to say anything in regards to the Van Allen Belt you know the 300+ rads of radiation that wold penetrate the ships since they are made of a lightweight allow titanium to keep the weight of the ship down that doesn't reflect radiation in one bit. Humans would be dead before they got through the radiation belt. Even NASA themselves has refused to comment on passing through this belt of radiation that would kill a human due to the exposure of the high concentration of radiation.This is for the person that said 2nd lightsource was the earth. If you do some basic science and paid attention in astronomy scientists/astronomers have proven the ONLY light source for the moon is the sun. Reflections from earth are not in that category for any form of any type of light source.Lastly, with all these high powered telescopes that the average human can purchase and can see in detail the moons lunar surface so much as to see ridges and rocks on "hill sides" on the moon why has no one seen this flag that is supposed to be up there?

Forgot to mention the radiation problem.There isn't a powerful enought telescope on earth that could see the moon in so much detail. Maybe we will know if we have gone to the moon if we visit the moon again and show us the american flag still flapping!

Everyone but one person has refused to say anything in regards to the Van Allen Belt you know the 300+ rads of radiation that wold penetrate the ships since they are made of a lightweight allow titanium to keep the weight of the ship down that doesn't reflect radiation in one bit.  Humans would be dead before they got through the radiation belt.  Even NASA themselves has refused to comment on passing through this belt of radiation that would kill a human due to the exposure of the high concentration of radiation.

I don't know where you get your information (or lack of) but the space shuttle/rocket/space station/whatever have protection against radiation. The titanium is for the STRUCTURE of the vehicle while other materials are used to protect from radiation. For example, gold and mylar are used for this purpose, along with other materials I am not too familiar with.

Space suits are lined with mylar but it is, admittedly, not as good against radiation. That is why space walks are scheduled when there is low solar flar activity.

Next, and the most important point, radiation exposure is TIME based. You can have radiation up the yin yang but if you are only exposed for a short time, it is not dangerous. The time spent in the Van Allen Belt was something like 1 hour which is not long.

This is for the person that said 2nd lightsource was the earth. If you do some basic science and paid attention in astronomy scientists/astronomers have proven the ONLY light source for the moon is the sun.  Reflections from earth are not in that category for any form of any type of light source.

again. do you just make this stuff up??? Have you ever heard of earthshine? Basically, the moon is reflected light from the earth. The earth is such a big source of light that the moon seems brighter because it is reflecting both earth and sun light.

yes, if the sun were out, it would drown out all other light sources. But when the sun is at dusk or dawn, it is a different story. Haven't you ever seen the moon out during the morning hours? Same thing. When the sun is on the horizon, the light is weaker and also casts longer shadows...which I think is what the main issue is with the photos, not a second light source. If there were 2 light sources, there would simply be 2 sets of shadows (which there aren't).

Lastly, with all these high powered telescopes that the average human can purchase and can see in detail the moons lunar surface so much as to see ridges and rocks on "hill sides" on the moon why has no one seen this flag that is supposed to be up there?

i'm not sure where exactly the flag is located. but there are many possibilities.
(1) it is totally visible but only using "high powered" telescopes. people who have access to these scopes don't sit in the conspiracy theory camp because they KNOW the landing was real. people in the other camp are uneducated and are fed with false and misleading information of which, they have no means to verify. they don't have access to high powered scopes.
(2) the moon's terrain is not flat and the flag could be hidden by the terrain of the moon
(3) the earth only sees one side of the moon. the other side of the moon is ALWAYS facing away from the earth.. so if the flag were on the other side it would not be seen from earth.

I believe it is a combination of 1 and 2. Real scientists don't care about stupid "conspiracy" theories designed to entertain the masses. Responding to them only gives them credibility.

Also note: I found out that the flag is not "flapping" at all. There is a rod underneath the flag that was supposed to be extended so the flag would stay "up". The astronaughts did not fully extend the rod which causes the ripple effect.