xisto Community
adriantc

Did We Land On The Moon? Did we land on the moon?

we can go into space during this time and 30 years isnt that great of a gap in technology and my science teacher had this extra credit option to find out why we cant go to the moon i personally dont know but if it was extra credit there has to be an answer

we can go into space during this time and 30 years isnt that great of a gap in technology and my science teacher had this extra credit option to find out why we cant go to the moon i personally dont know but if it was extra credit there has to be an answer

After about 9 Apollo missions Apollo was killed and eventually one president said the dream is dead. The hardware was retired and allowed to Detroiter to an unusable state. The moon missions were launched on a Sturan V rocket witch could lift about 200 tons to low earth orbit. As a comparison the shuttle I think can lift in the 20-40 ton range. The shuttle is a terribly expensive vehicle due to the amount of labor required to prepare it for each flight and the necessity to lift a huge orbiter up each flight.

The shuttle costs about a billion dollars per flight. NASA receives from the government about 20-40 billion dollars a year and I think to put it is perspective the national science foundation receives about 10 billion dollars a hear. Not only can the shuttle not lift the required mass to LEO but there is no way to attach an upper stage to the carry the shuttle from LEO to the moon. There probably isnt even an obvious way to attach a Lander to the shuttle.

The Saturn V being a bigger vehicle would obviously be a much bigger vehicle then the shuttle and therefore is even more expensive. The Saturn V dropped 80 engines into the ocean each flight. During the Apollo program the overwhelming cost of these lauches could not be justified on a scientific basis, an exploration/settlement basis. So it was killed.

NASA later built the shuttle and the ISS to preserve the agency buy ensuring a large amount of funding. The consequence is were stuck in LEO for decades. Today, the scientific tools have advanced considerably, we have methods to improve on the old rocket designs, and way have improved our knowledge of how to live off extraterrestrial resources. George bush has initiated a new version for space exploration based on sustainable funding within the current budget, learning to operate, and explore from the moon and beyond. We have returned to a capsule based design which are much lighter and can possible be utilized with existing rockets. Exciting times await us and we will be go to the moon and mars sometime in the coming decades. But this time we will be going to stay.

1. American flag flaping on the moon which everybody knows has no atmosfere.First of all, Niel used a string to make it flap back and forth otherwise it would have held still, YOU CAN EVEN SEE THE FREAKING STRING IF YOU LOOK HARD ENOUGH. Also, he stated this.

lol, I suppose that just aboutsolves it. :D

I don't I believe the landing was NOT hoax....I dont see why you all believe stupid unamerican people who believe that. That video was a fake...and the websites that said all that information CAME from the hoax tape.Oh ya, one more thing..I rewatched the landing on the moon video...and the flag isn't even flapping fella's...its just held straight out as to give it a look rather than some stupid droopy flag. I can still see the string...and I rewatched the part where neil stated that he used a string.

well the thing is who really cares if they did land on the moon or not, it doesnt affect us normal ppl well other than that the goverment might have lied big time and they could do it again...well other than that i dont think it really matters. personally i dont believe in either because i dont care whether they did land or not. if they did good for them if not well they better try and land it before everyone figures out we never went to the moon.

There was a tv show on not to long ago that proved the landing was real, it disproved all the hoax theories saying that the reason you dont see the stars in the background was because of the lights from the lander or something like that. and so on.

I think we really did. Due to the massive film we have and how good it has been coveraged, I believe that if we really didn't everyone would have known by now.I think it would be in tabloids more then or like CNN..or any other channel. I have only seen it once on tv.

I truly doubt it. After 35 years,we didn;t improve further.

Some capabilities have gotten better and some have gotten worse. It is not like we have been flying to the moon for 35 years. Sure technology has advanced and we will do a much better job when we go back this time. Who are you responding to anyway. Please give the name of the person you are responding to and quote the most relevant section.

I believe thats the most redicuas thing in the world........Of course we landed on the moon. How would we beable to keep that under wraps until the last few years? Also, If we didnt why would nasa have launched all the follow up missions? Shoot guys into space repeditively and spend billions to cover up a story.......... I doubt it.

I truly doubt it. After 35 years,we didn;t improve further.

48894[/snapback]

That's a joke. It has to be. Because any one who would consider that a serious response has got to be a little blind to the times. How can someone in this day and age say that we have not improved any in 35 years?? Boggles my mind.

They used to goto space in rockets that were useless after one trip. Now they are using shuttles which can be reused many times. This is part of the reason why the columbia exploded.. but that is another discussion. Now we are close to sending TOURISTS into space. Have you heard of the X-Prize?

The computers on the old space vehicles are now so far out of date they belong in a museum. Computers are 1000's of times smaller and faster able to control much more of the space craft.

I'll admit, we are still using rockets to get off the earth. That hasn't changed much but everything else about the space craft has. Better materials, better computers, better tools.

I saw a program about the conspircy over the moon landing. On discovery channel. It was very interesting. I wasn't sure who to agree with. They both have very good reasons. The arguement is over how the humans couldn't survive the extream radiation on the moon or in space. I in the end ended up tied. I couldn't decide who to go with. I'm not sure if we went or not. Its unclear.