xisto Community
Judman

Firefox Or Internet Explorer that is the question...

I like Internet Explorer. In my opinion Firefox stinks. I don't like the way it loads pages or anything. I don't like the toolbars. Everything FF is below standards in my opinion. I can't wait for IE 7 to come out! It will be great! I hope that they allow Windows XP users to use IE 7 and they don't restrict IE 7 to people with Longhorn, or Vista as it is now called.

I personally think that firefox is way better than IE. Because it blocks popups more than IE.But the one problem that I face while using firefox is that it will not show some sites. correctly. Other than that Firefox is way better.

How is FF is better a downside to you? If you have The SP2 for Windows XP, IE blocks popups! If you don't have XP SP2, then I guess you would have to download a popup blocker, but I think that most people have XP SP2.

Defenetely i preffere firefox over IE, this IE is like a big cheese it has so much holes where malicious adwares and spywares enter to the computer. I always hated when the IE was stuck and then all of a sudden it appears a toolbar or ads that i never allowed! but with firefox i lol when adwares or spywares try to install on the computer, it just catch them as if they were programs to download so i cancel them or just delete them when finished. Therefore and many other good things i preffer firefox as well

I prefer neither. I've been using a browser called Mathon for a while now. If you ask me it is a hybrid beween Firefox and Internet Explorer. It is fully skinnable, has Tabbed browsing, comes with several ad blockers [such as floating ad, banner ad, popup blocker], an active x Blocker, as well as many others. I prefer Maxthon because when it blocks and active X control, there is a bar showing you that it has blocked one, but if you discover that you need it, you can allow that one Active X Control to be downloaded.

For more info, go to http://www.maxthon.com/

Well I was reading that it was some security problems with firefox and som other browsers. But nothing about Internet Explorer. Anyway I have always used internet explorer and I think that I will continue use it, no matter what. Beacuse I think its the best, most powerly, most supported, most accepted an much more things... So thats why I choose Internet Explorer B)

I'm a Firefox guy, myself. I love the features, the automatic ad-blocker (although it doesn't always block everything), and the overall security/features. I may give this "Maxthon" a try, but I would never go back to Internet Explorer, since it can be easily taken advantage of (with Active X conrols and the like), resulting in spyware that causes popups when the browser isn't even open (I can't stand that).

Firefox is a kick **bottom** browser it has almost eveything in a browser i could ever want...Themes Extentions Extra do dads and stuff its hell of cool...ive got ad blocker insalled and weather and a little highlight the text and it copys it right off the bat without having to do ctrl + c and stuffof course all browsers have there pros and cons but so far i have never had anything i cant do in firefox that is not better than or equal to it... so yeah...I say firefox all the way! they have the beta version of there new one 1.5!!! dled it all there are no bugs from what i can see!!!!

there is only ONE thing that is wrong with firefox... the fact that some things dont work in FF... but there are probably plug-ins u can get im sure... and there are some things that dont really work in IE... for example... my site doesnt look right in IE... it puts all this cell spacing and stuff even when i set it to 0... it works in EVERY OTHER browser but IE to my knowledge... i havent tried opera but im sure itll work... IE just sucks... theres nothing that it has that FF doesnt do better...

Personally, i can see Microsoft getting IE 7 right. I used the beta version and it worked well. I also didn't see any security concerns that couldn't be picked out by the final version.IE is now just as sercure as FF, now it just comes down to personal preference. Do you like the look of IE or FF better?, or you could be the one in million that likes Opera!B)B)

Firefox did revive the browser wars, didn't it? B)

Personally, I'm a Firefox fan. Not a fanatic, though ? let's make that clear ? but a fan. And I have reason to be. Security issues aside, without tabbed browsing IE just doesn't work for me. But, to be honest, it's more than the tabbed browsing which wins it for Firefox. In fact, I've tried other browsers with tabs, such as Netscape 8 and Opera, and I've had a look at Maxthon's specs, as well as those of the coming IE7. None of them was as highly customizable as Firefox, though.

It all comes down to preference. The choice of which browser to use depends on what you use it for. I use Firefox because of its extensions. With what I have, my Firefox is a combined web browser, web developing tool, chat client, and more. =^^=

No Way IE is a competitor to Firefox or Opera... IE is widely used and has poor security features.. the biggest one is that it's integration to Windows shell which makes it easier for hackers to install trojans/spyware/malware stuff into the remote system thru IE.and.. to choose the best browser.. I choose Opera.. but not Firefox.. Want the reason? Here it is...Firefox got the hype bcos it's a direct descendent of the popular good old Netscape and now that it's Opensource. No doubt that firefox enhances internet browsing exprerince.. but when we compare it with opera.. it falls behind.. opera has amazing features like Dynamic Notes, Powerful Bookmark Manager, Inbuilt IRC and Chat Client Shell, Inbuilt Pop3 retreival System, Session Saving Mechanism, Powerful Tabbed browsing and has got a SECURE SHELL. The download Management system in opera is far better than Mozilla.. there are many many other reasons to.. one more important thing is the CACHE.. No other browser's cache mechanism works as better as Opera.. My Rating:IE - 0/10Mozilla - 4/10Opera - 8/10 other browsers.. I don't think they stand in the race.. B)

No other words, its firebox.There are simple reasons... simplicity, less prone to script viruses, updates, plugins and finally, it is open source. I can make my own Firefox !

Whilst it's easy to say that Firefox does indeed have better blockers of the unknown, one must admit that Firefox, being newer than IE, does have bugs. This fact cannot be covered up. For example, the Firefox on my computer has a most interesting idiosyncrasy: Flash applications will not load. However, I am still using Firefox in hopes of a patch for this bug soon.