xisto Community
Judman

Firefox Or Internet Explorer that is the question...

I am a recent convert to Firefox, thanks to this forum! I was a staunch IE user having tried a lot of other browsers just see what's out there but always kept going back to IE. Now I have Firefox I can't see myself using anything else now. It's faster, smaller and just love the tabs. I haven't fully explored the extensions yet but possibilities look awsome.Firefox all the way! :)

FireFox is the best for some people while some prefer IE they are completely different concepts and ideas, and for almost different purposes, where one lacks the other prevails, you really cannot effectively compare them without a bias or some unfair influence on your choice for one or the other, either that or your like me and really don't care too much, and don't like these threads.

They both have major security issues, IE may have more of them, but it really is much better supported and more commonly deisgned for.

FireFox is really more for the advanced user who can deal with it's more technological issues that is suffers, so in short I would really say it depends on your computer experiance, if you are tech-savvy use FireFox, if your just starting out use IE, if your in between try them out and see which ever you can browse more effectively with.

I have been using Internet Explorer since I discovered the internet "lol", about 5 months ago firefox caught my eye and now I am happily using it, Internet Explorer has been just there in my PC, now if it's internet then it's firefox for me.

most of the pc shops here are getting firefox to as their web browser..most of the guys must have realized what things they are missing when they use IE.~but i think it would need a little more time, since the customers needs time to get used to firefox

I use internet explorer, I don't think that it really matters, I can't really be asked to get firefox, since I already had IE on my PC, and IE has worked fine for me ever since.

45344[/snapback]

What about mozilla?

Don't forget that the organization that makes Firefox, mozilla, also produces the Mozilla Browser Suite! The Mozilla Browser Suite is what the popular Netscape 6.x and 7.x browsers are based on. Of course, the original suite is much better because it doesn't have as much proprietary stuff that Netscape has.

Also, don't forget that the suite has features that are kind of like a combination of Firefox and Thunderbird. I use it now, and it has never failed me like Firefox and Thunderbird have. Won't anybody try it?

Mozilla Browser Suite

Definitelly, I go for Mozilla Firefox. When I got my PC, I used Internet Explorer but it had a lot of bugs (and still has, no matter how much Microsoft tries to fix them) so I orientated my self towards Firefox. It works great, both under Windows XP and under Linux, it has great themes, extensions, and great features. I haven't tried yet Mozilla Browser Suite but I am considered that it works good as Firefox, maybe even better....

You know, I have tried IE, Firefox, Opera, ZPGWB (i built it. I have tried almost every web browser and let me tell you what, I support Microsoft all the way. I know people say that Firefox is the best but I think IE is the best. In Firefox I just didn't see alot of features, not nearly as many as are in IE. Maybe I am just missing something but for me, it's IE all the way. thank you for your time

Firefox is so simple, and nice to use. The latest version is 1.0.7, and it came out very recently. It has added stability and more security over the older verion. They do great work, and considering it is free, it sure is worthwile getting. The only two downfalls to using it is you have to uninstall it to install a newer version. This will be fixed in the next release. Currently the 1.5 beta is out for testers. The second thing I don't like is it uses a lot of RAM just to open it. Other than that, it's a kick-butt program, and far nicer and more secure than Internet Explorer. I recommend it to everyone who owns a PC. :huh:

Personally, i prefer firefox as it is much faster - and its free!!! It also blocks most popups, which also makes it much better than internet explorer.The only problems i have found with firefox is that not all websites work properly in it, and it takes a bit longer to start up.

i really don't see that much difference between firefox and ie. the only things that i actually see and use are the tabs, and the format of firefox is also different, kind of refreshing actually. But ie is much more compatiable to almost everything, and sometimes firefox does not run java well. if you want firefox to run java, you will have to download it and most people are just too lazy to do that. ie on the other hand come bundled with everything you need to surf the internet. and i think the popup blocker is also superior to firefox. the only thing that are lacking in firefox are compatiability. i mean, there are tons of popup blockers for ie, while there may only be one or two for firefox. but i still use firefox even with all these popups

i prefer mozilla firefox because it has a lot of feateures that microsoft internet explorer doesn't, before three months ago i used to run internet explorer and often netscape navigator, it's confusing with all that tools in the net, opera, zafari, firefox, etc, but since i meet firefox i have been using this browser because it is open software, enables you to add rss feeds easyly and the built-in searh bar is greatful, also it let you open several browse tags in only one tag, in that way i can navigate searching different topics separeted by windows and you don't get confuse in your searches, for this reasons and a lot more i preffer mozilla firefox