xisto Community
Baniboy

How You Justify Piracy? let the debate begin

are continously downloading illegal stuff?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

where are you getting your information? i was in high school when cd's were becoming popular but still at a very low distribution level. that was back in 20 years ago, the popular source for storing information was either hard drives or 3.5' disks. not cd's. when we finally did have cd's to load software, the technology wasn't there yet still to burn anything on a cd.

also, they were cracking software long before 20 years ago my friend. i was in to that back in '83.

so just because you see the internet as an easy means to distribute the cracked software doesn't mean that's why people are doing it.

you know why certain groups crack software? because they can. they look at it as a challenge. they do it because they don't like being told they cn't have something. they do it because they enjoy and like what they do. back in the day, we didn't even crack software to distribute it except within our own circle of friends. and believe me. we didn't just stop at cracking cheap software on floppies...but back then, we didn't do it to share with the public....but with a select group of our own kind. times have significantly changed, alot more hacking groups competing with who can get the job done faster....and if there is a program that seems impossible to crack first hand, you give it to one of these groups to do it for free. and they will. because they can and they want to be top dog in their own comunities of hackers. THAT'S why they do it. not because of any financial crises that never happened in the late 80's when reagan was serving his second term. never because other people couldn't afford software.

so again, i am wondering where you are getting your info bud. you say "as you all know"....well i don't and i was at my prime back then cracking software with a few other of my friends who taught ME. so please explain again in what i should be knowing when i pretty much disagree with everything you wrote...otherwise, just admit you never knew the mindset of a hacker back then OR how they evolved in today's society.

now i posted how to get rid of piracy. this is from someone who could have been stopped back in the day when i was cracking software and distributing it on a low level. but when you get rid of piracy, a lot of the hackers will be bored and want to attempt other serious crimes. you get rid of piracy, you create something else that is unforeseen. so although i gave a suggestion in how to illiminate it up above in a previous post, i will NEVER be in favor of it. why i say leave these people alone and the companies will have to learn to adjust and work around that problem. who do you think writes and adds on to the anarchist cookbook? the anarchist cookbook is to hackers as the book of shadows is to "witches". if you illinate something from the cookbook, something else will soon be added. piracy is just ONE thing compared to many....just like if you black out a spell or ritual in a book of shadows, something else will take it's place....and my bet would be with more strength and fury.
witches keep to themselves like hackers. it's a new age for hackers though. the groups have gained more of a reputation online because their work can be distributed more freely and recognized by a lot more people.

if this was a money issue like you said, then the crackers(not necessarily white people haha) would be charging for their work. they don't. they don't don it because they feel sorry for people not being able to afford anything either. so think long and hard before you think you know the answer to this questions thread or try to talk about something that will just disrespect a certain group of people

Well, we all know piracy appeared since the money crisis started almost 20 years ago. People started not to have money and let other people buy it then to rip them to CD's. As far as I remember, it started with CD's being sold in the streets or in the black market and then the uploading websites came. It was a complete internet riot, illegal Windows to one side, applications to other, etc. Also until they started to decode serial numbers, CD-keys and creating cracks.I think piracy should end and that it shouldn't at the same time as it's illegal, but it also helps the ones who don't have money to pay certain applications or pirates really, I don't really endorse piracy but I've downloaded it a lot of times in the past.

Piracy picks out the good items that people release, from programs to games, movies tec.My view is that Piracy is only good if no profit comes to the source and all of the content is kept private, and not distributed or shown publicly.

I think the only reason its seen as a bad thing is the lose of money. Eventually these intellectual property creations will be shown for free on tv or what ever media or at a lower price. I personally believe if something is good then its worth paying for. Everything else is just a waste of money. If you don't have money does this mean you should go without it? In my opinion no because we are all equal in this world and the monetary system is corrupt itself so money has no integrity in my eyes. Do what you like you are not hurting anyone financially as the monetary system itself is flawed.

piracy discriminates against businesses who are looking to stay in business by making a profit. if everyone used pirated software, the businesses creating that software would go out of business and the world would be left without. there is NO JUSTIFYING piracy at all. it's stealing. you are hurting not only businesses, you are hurting people who are trying to put food on the table. not only that, it's terrible for the economy which works only when money continues to exchange hands. ignorant people look at the small picture and try to justify it by the small picture. problem is that there is a much bigger picture they are failing to realize or are intentionally ignoring it just to justify something that is illegal.there was actually someone who said they justify it because they wouldn't have bought the software if they didn't recieve a cracked version first because 30 days is too short. although i do agree that 30 days is too short and there are usually no returns on used software, that does NOT justify stealing it!!!!!!! if you don't like the terms of the companies who distribute, then find another company with better terms or use freeware or shareware or open source. those are all alternatives. but the theifs wont use those alternative. they will spend their time stealing....and then thinking about how they can justify it. the person who justiied it this way was the best excuse i have heard on this thread, but it still doesn't make it right.i know right from wrong and i have admited that i use software i shouldn't. i also watch new movie releases when i shouldn't. will i be punished? probably....because i believe what goes around comes around....but i also do a lot of good in this world. it's not my justification....it's just that i know what i do will balance out. i am not perfect. i know i am part of the problem. at least i admit it without trying to justify it. any loser can try and justify an unmoral act that has no good personal values to it.

Piracy isn't ALL bad. I know it's easy to compare it to stealing, and maybe it is just plain theft, but there is some good in it. I admit I've downloaded some (okay, probably a lot) of stuff without paying. When I'm really satisfied with something, whether it's software, a musician or a favourite film or tv series, I don't mind paying for it and in fact I want to pay for it as I feel the author/creator deserves to be paid.Musicians and film makers aren't necessarily just losing money either. There have been many albums I've downloaded whilst mass downloading that introduced me to a world of music that I never would have experienced had it been necessary to buy the cds. Not only did I buy these artists entire discography of albums, I spread the word of them to people I know. The other stuff I downloaded is sitting on a hard drive, never or rarely listened to. I think Piracy also educates the world in general. There is so much information out there to learn from that would cost much money for a poor person to learn who would never have the money for education. What happens when people get educated? They get jobs.. they make money.. what do they do with money? They spend money! Good for the economy. Once again, books I've been impressed with are now purchased. There are a lot of questions. When should a person pay for a product? When does the creator deserve to be paid? Should a person use a product they wouldn't or couldn't have paid for? I think a person should pay for a product when they can afford to pay for it and when they feel satisfied with the product or if they're rolling in cash they can be a little more easily satisfied. I would have absolutely no problem letting someone have my software or music album for free if they could barely afford food, I don't see why Microsoft or Metallica should have a fit over it. Should a person possess or use something they didn't pay for? Maybe I'm just kind-hearted, but I think so. Sure, some people are just plain cheap and wouldn't pay even if they had Bill Gates' wealth, but some people genuinely couldn't afford it anyway. I especially find it hard to feel bad for people who are millionaires talking about their lost millions. I know it's not all big companies like that losing money.I can understand the arguments against piracy though, it does seem like stealing and mostly it's the little individual people working hard to produce something losing out on money earned. I certainly wouldn't want them homeless on the streets due to piracy. There are decent arguments either way. In a perfect world, everyone would pay for things not because they have to, but because they can and want to, but I guess in reality it's hard to have faith in the whole human race that they'll pay for things when they don't have to, all I know is I would so nobody's losing money off me and some are gaining! Shiver me timbers, Arg!

Edited by rob86 (see edit history)

listen to yourself, bud. do you even hear what you're saying? just because piracy introduced you to a whole new world doesn't make it right. why don't you get a job and introduce yourself to a world the RIGHT way. piracy, in your own words is basically robbing a bank with a hidden finger in your coat pocket. if nobody gets hurt, an you get the cash, it's ok. BULL! it's stealing. and hey, it introduced you to a world of cash that you never had before so now you know to get a friggin' JOB.

it may not be all that bad to YOU because you and all others who try and justify piracy are thinking o themselves and themselves only. you are SELFISH thinkers. that's why it's so easy to justify it like it's ok and something good. haha what a joke.

after you steal all that money with your finger where nobody got hurt, i guess you will spread the wealth and show everyone how great money is too. your justification would be that it isn't hurting the bank because eventually you WILL get a job, make lots of money and invest it in the banks you robbed so they can at last make money off you.

plain and simple is the fact that if the companies wanted to istribute their products for free, they would. they would just hand over their products to ya. but they don't. there is a reason why they don't and it's not up to YOU selfishly to change their own rules and the laws that are supposed to protect them.

it's really sad what the world is coming to because it's not just people justifying piracy...but people justify other things in life that are wrong too. one day, you little kiddies will learn what real life is all about and being proud of your own self when you are able to acomplish things on your own....the legal way. something that you create and/or you bought with your hard earned cash. something to be proud of. not stealing. what a joke

Piracy isn't ALL bad. I know it's easy to compare it to stealing, and maybe it is just plain theft, but there is some good in it. I admit I've downloaded some (okay, probably a lot) of stuff without paying. When I'm really satisfied with something, whether it's software, a musician or a favourite film or tv series, I don't mind paying for it and in fact I want to pay for it as I feel the author/creator deserves to be paid.
Musicians and film makers aren't necessarily just losing money either. There have been many albums I've downloaded whilst mass downloading that introduced me to a world of music that I never would have experienced had it been necessary to buy the cds. Not only did I buy these artists entire discography of albums, I spread the word of them to people I know. The other stuff I downloaded is sitting on a hard drive, never or rarely listened to.

I think Piracy also educates the world in general. There is so much information out there to learn from that would cost much money for a poor person to learn who would never have the money for education. What happens when people get educated? They get jobs.. they make money.. what do they do with money? They spend money! Good for the economy. Once again, books I've been impressed with are now purchased.

There are a lot of questions. When should a person pay for a product? When does the creator deserve to be paid? Should a person use a product they wouldn't or couldn't have paid for?

I think a person should pay for a product when they can afford to pay for it and when they feel satisfied with the product or if they're rolling in cash they can be a little more easily satisfied. I would have absolutely no problem letting someone have my software or music album for free if they could barely afford food, I don't see why Microsoft or Metallica should have a fit over it.

Should a person possess or use something they didn't pay for? Maybe I'm just kind-hearted, but I think so. Sure, some people are just plain cheap and wouldn't pay even if they had Bill Gates' wealth, but some people genuinely couldn't afford it anyway.

I especially find it hard to feel bad for people who are millionaires talking about their lost millions. I know it's not all big companies like that losing money.

I can understand the arguments against piracy though, it does seem like stealing and mostly it's the little individual people working hard to produce something losing out on money earned. I certainly wouldn't want them homeless on the streets due to piracy. There are decent arguments either way. In a perfect world, everyone would pay for things not because they have to, but because they can and want to, but I guess in reality it's hard to have faith in the whole human race that they'll pay for things when they don't have to, all I know is I would so nobody's losing money off me and some are gaining! Shiver me timbers, Arg!