xisto Community
Evolke

Jam Drop Biscuits

Its been a while since I made Jam Drops, but I was flicking throug the recipe book and I saw them and I thought I'd share them with you! In my opinion they are best with apricot jam- especially home made! My grandmother makes a delicious apricot jam that works perfectly with the Jam Drops! Let's get started then!You'll need:80g unsalted butter1/3 cup caster sugar2 tablespoons milk1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence1 cup self-raising flou1/3 cup custard powderAnd ofcourse your jams!1. Preheat the oven to moderate 180 degrees celcius and line two reasonably large cooking trays with baking paper.2. Using an electric beater, beat the butter and sugar in a small mixing bowl until the mixture is light and creamy.3. Add the milk and the essence and beat again until well mixed.4. Sift the flour and custard powder into the butter mixture and mix to form a soft dough.5. Roll two teaspoons (or larger depending on how big you want your biscuits to end up. I usually go small because they are easier to eat) of the mixture into a ball and place it on the tray. Repeat until you have used all the mixture.6. Press a hollow into each ball using the end of a wooden spoon and fill each hole with a quarter of a teaspoon of jam.7. Bake the biscuits for 15 minutes and use an egg slice to transfer them onto a wire rack, once cooked, to cool.And there you have it! Remember that if you have used more than the two teaspoons advised to make the biscuits you'll probably need to make the hollow you put into the biscut bigger than the end of the wooden spoon- unless you don't mind the edges being quiet dry in taste.Enjoy! :P

Its been a while since I made Jam Drops, but I was flicking throug the recipe book and I saw them and I thought I'd share them with you! In my opinion they are best with apricot jam- especially home made! My grandmother makes a delicious apricot jam that works perfectly with the Jam Drops! Let's get started then!
You'll need:
80g unsalted butter
1/3 cup caster sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 cup self-raising flou
1/3 cup custard powder
And ofcourse your jams!

1. Preheat the oven to moderate 180 degrees celcius and line two reasonably large cooking trays with baking paper.
2. Using an electric beater, beat the butter and sugar in a small mixing bowl until the mixture is light and creamy.
3. Add the milk and the essence and beat again until well mixed.
4. Sift the flour and custard powder into the butter mixture and mix to form a soft dough.
5. Roll two teaspoons (or larger depending on how big you want your biscuits to end up. I usually go small because they are easier to eat) of the mixture into a ball and place it on the tray. Repeat until you have used all the mixture.
6. Press a hollow into each ball using the end of a wooden spoon and fill each hole with a quarter of a teaspoon of jam.
7. Bake the biscuits for 15 minutes and use an egg slice to transfer them onto a wire rack, once cooked, to cool.

And there you have it! Remember that if you have used more than the two teaspoons advised to make the biscuits you'll probably need to make the hollow you put into the biscut bigger than the end of the wooden spoon- unless you don't mind the edges being quiet dry in taste.

Enjoy! :P

Okay now I am very hungry. Have not had that in years, and honestly thought it was a southern US thing too.

Its been a while since I made Jam Drops, but I was flicking throug the recipe book and I saw them and I thought I'd share them with you! In my opinion they are best with apricot jam- especially home made! My grandmother makes a delicious apricot jam that works perfectly with the Jam Drops! Let's get started then!
You'll need:
80g unsalted butter
1/3 cup caster sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 cup self-raising flou
1/3 cup custard powder
And ofcourse your jams!

1. Preheat the oven to moderate 180 degrees celcius and line two reasonably large cooking trays with baking paper.
2. Using an electric beater, beat the butter and sugar in a small mixing bowl until the mixture is light and creamy.
3. Add the milk and the essence and beat again until well mixed.
4. Sift the flour and custard powder into the butter mixture and mix to form a soft dough.
5. Roll two teaspoons (or larger depending on how big you want your biscuits to end up. I usually go small because they are easier to eat) of the mixture into a ball and place it on the tray. Repeat until you have used all the mixture.
6. Press a hollow into each ball using the end of a wooden spoon and fill each hole with a quarter of a teaspoon of jam.
7. Bake the biscuits for 15 minutes and use an egg slice to transfer them onto a wire rack, once cooked, to cool.

And there you have it! Remember that if you have used more than the two teaspoons advised to make the biscuits you'll probably need to make the hollow you put into the biscut bigger than the end of the wooden spoon- unless you don't mind the edges being quiet dry in taste.

Enjoy!

Bro its quite cool..... Taste delicious and what else to say.......

After eating it i rememberd my childhood

Ok, that sounds really really tasty, but help me out here. How much is 80g of butter in cups/ounces? And what is custard powder? I've never heard of that one. And of course, 180 degrees celcius, that come to ??? in degrees farenheight? I am going to assume that vanilla essence is the same as vanilla extract, right?

I made this before with brown sugar instead, I know its a New Mexican recipe, according to my 6th grade class teacher. I always love cookies with a fruity filling, makes it all that cooler and delicious. I've never had any other than grape or strawberry jam all storebought. My parents aren't much of a jam making type, more or less traditional indian vegetarian recipes. Hard to get them to try something new, and I'm not allowed near the stove, or any thing cooking related after the incident. That sounds delicious, would it taste better with chocolate or another filling, since I'm too fond of jam anyway.

Ok, that sounds really really tasty, but help me out here. How much is 80g of butter in cups/ounces? And what is custard powder? I've never heard of that one.
And of course, 180 degrees celcius, that come to ??? in degrees farenheight?
I am going to assume that vanilla essence is the same as vanilla extract, right?

80g of butter is about 2.8 oz
Custard Powers like a cornflour starchy thing. B)
Yes, Vanilla Essence is the same as Vanilla Extract. :P
As for the temperature, don't ask me, I am from Australia so I have no idea how to convert to Farenheight- because I never use it. Try searching for a convertor on Google.