xisto Community
bittr

Favourite Gmail Themes whats yours?

GMail launched the custom Themes a few months ago.

It was a long-expected feature, as the Yahoo Mail interface looked nicer, and the GMail one just old and boring.

It was just a few weeks ago that I got to change my theme, and I can say that, since then, I simply enjoy logging into my GMail.

My theme is called 'Desk', and as you can see in the attached picture, it's quite nice :P

So.. What's your favourite GMail theme?

[for those who don't know, themes are under Settings -> Themes]

post-65085-1232388994_thumb.jpg

I hate the concept of themes in Gmail , it will have a definitive adverse effect on the mail experience with the loading gettig more slower than the normal time taken nnow.Lets learn from what happened with orkut, the social networking from google. with themes and apps loaded a profile takes much much longer than usual and overall poor performance. It may be argued by some that a lot of apps and theme makes it more attractive but the load time must be considered and of course the clumsy and ill designed themes are a murderer in such environment.Ther can be more impreovement on how to make gmail blazing fast then finding it more bulky.

I hate the concept of themes in Gmail , it will have a definitive adverse effect on the mail experience with the loading gettig more slower than the normal time taken nnow.

Actually, I think the themes were designed to have the minimum overload possible.

I don't see any problems with the one I'm using now, it's still a fast load.

I agree with you on products that trade speed for good looks, that sucks, but it's not the case here.

I don't really use gmail enough to bother to have a theme for it.is their an option where you can create your own theme? that would be pretty cool.But again, i only use gmail once in a while, so a theme doesnt serve me anything special.

only used it once, then went back to the default settings. found it to load a little slower than I liked. Also just got so used to the white. :P

Wow, I didn't know you could change the skin of gmail, I'm going to try, I hope I find a cute one :P, and well check if it actually change the loading speed.. if it does then I'm going to keep the default one, I have no complains with that one anyways...

I liked mountain one theme. It is for good internet connection and who want to see better inbox in gmail. If you trouble with internet connection, use gmail classical version.Anyway, I enjoy the gmail theme. It is better than hotmail theme.

Quite surprising.In November, when the service was launched, I saw a lot of people here on trap discussing and being excited about the Gmail themes.And also, I always had the impression that a lot of trapsters are using Gmail.But now it looks like the Themes aren't really used by the community (and it's a shame, because they are really nice and non-bloaty).So far we have:1. The "Desk" theme, used only by me (!?) - first attachement2. The "Mountains" theme, used by 2 people - second attachementAnything else? Anyone?

post-65085-1232716152_thumb.jpg

post-65085-1232716167_thumb.jpg

Not like you,I like the original theme:)simply is the best beauty,i think so.i most give my attention to its functions and improvements!I usually use google talk,it's nice,quick,handiness,and simple,i like it!Using what theme is not my attention...gook luck!

I think that Google is coming along way, they are doing a-lot better than Yahoo and AOL. I can't wait to see what else Google has in stored. I just love these themes and the ones for iGoogle also.

Gmail Theme (DeSk)Favourite Gmail Themes

I personally think that the gmail theme desk is totally awesome!  I mean, it has style, cool colors, and I can actually see everything.  some of the other themes have colors that make things impossible to see, but desk's colors are very subtle, so it is awesome.  I love it.

-reply by laf4ever

Personally, I enjoy the mountains theme. I'm often inclined to use natural themes. Some of the more abstract themes just make my eyes hurt after looking at them for too long.Prior to using the mountains theme (before it was available) I used an oriental theme of some sort that depicted a cartoon fox and his garden. I liked it because it wasn't overly bold and the colors meshed well with each other.In the end, I can live with just about any theme where the colors compliment each other and the elements aren't obsessively bold.

Currently not using any theme with background style. Just using some color changer themes. I have one gray theme for one of my account. While using purple style color theme now.those picture based backgrounds take some time to load so not worth it to use if your connection is bit slow.

I personally really like the Shiny theme. It is not too complicated and not too boring. The main reason why I probably like it is the way the tabs look. I also like the choice of gradients in the background and the Google logo. The logo looks really awesome with the reflection and the shine. Other than that, I like the Ninja theme. I had it for a while until I got bored of it.