xisto Community
abhigyan

Internet On Tv

There already has been ways to hook up a t.v to the internet a long time ago,so what you are talking about is definitly not innovative.
It's old news.

yep I can remember that in the late 90's but I do feel sure that now that it is 2009 and with better compters and streaming video and audio, it should be a lot better than it was then.

But WHY would you want to? D:I don't know much about fancypants expensive TV's, but regular TV resolution is WAY lower than your computer screen, I think. So... it would be kind of lame?

I think the science is bringing a large revolution to the world .....And all these development proves all this and you really can rely on these technologies don't you think so

I don't know how to describe it bust here in my country, I see more and more of this kind of TVs in malls and in the MRT stations. I think its cool to have a TV that can connect to the internet because some people would just use their computers to watch videos from youtube and would like to watch it in HD since youtube already made some of the uploaded videos in HD. This can make people think of just buying the TV rather than buy a HD TV and a HD monitor which would cost a lot of money and is consuming more power than just buying a TV that can connect to the internet. Also, there are some stations that is only available thru the internet.

In two years, 90 percent of all Sony products will connect to the Internet.New televisions from LG, Samsung and others will let viewers watch movies from Netflix and other Internet sites. Is't it exciting.

For more detail check the link

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Is the bandwidth enough?If picture is spiccato.......i think the viewer could not bear it!

yeah u right and there are many more sites which let u watch tv on internet for example........dekhotv.comand many more u can also watch live streaming on internetfor further information plz contact ........testingpirakx@gmail.comor rite2alok@gmail.com

I was part of a company that was developing technology to bring live TV to the internet. This was an exciting project and that is definitely the way things are going, but I feel that nothing will ever replace hard line cable TV and satellite just because of the bandwidth requirements for true HD television. Internet TV right now is more of a convenience than anything right now. I personally only watch shows on the internet if my DVR doesnt record them or if I missed them for any reason.

What is ultimately the difference between internet on TV and internet on a computer? the fact that for the TV we are running a much simpler operating system I suppose... how would you connect to the internet? with the same line you already use for cable TV?on the other hand I can expect TV and computer will gradually come closer and eventually be merged in the same device, in fact many people (including me) are already using a computer to watch TV, being it internet streaming or terrestrial digital TV... sure one of the annoying points in this case is the fact that you need to be slightly more active on a computer and maybe wait some time for starting up the OS, you cannot lazily hit a button and see your favorite channel! so I think a computer with a very simple and fast loading OS would already be close enough to a TV, maybe it'd be hard to use this computer for other more requiring tasks, so in the end it may still be necessary to have two or more devices/computers...

In two years, 90 percent of all Sony products will connect to the Internet.New televisions from LG, Samsung and others will let viewers watch movies from Netflix and other Internet sites. Is't it exciting.

For more detail check the link

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Why would they want to do something like that? I simply hook up my TV to the computer and use it as a monitor and since my computer is connected to the Internet, I'm achieving the same result. If they plan to have an embedded computer in there, it wouldn't be upgradeable like a simple attached computer. Even if they do introduce Internet-connected televisions, I'd still prefer my TV+computer solution over it as I can access the videos stored in my hard drive and networked external drive too.

Regards,

Nitin Reddy