xisto Community
Echo_of_thunder

E Mail Re: Mycents an E mail I got today of mycents

Indeed it does seem to be back to normal, does anyone know how often this happens? Is it a once a month thing or ia this a very isolated case? Also is this at anyway going to affect anythhing we have already bought?

Indeed it does seem to be back to normal, does anyone know how often this happens? Is it a once a month thing or ia this a very isolated case? Also is this at anyway going to affect anythhing we have already bought?

It's more of an ongoing thing. If you look at people's myCENTs while you explore various posts you will see that one minute they're negative and the next they aren't. Just kind of off and on.

As for it affecting your hosting, no. The myCENTS in your Xisto account are already yours, :P.

Thanks for that. I am sorry I have so many questions but heres another one: When will opaque be finished modifying the script for myCents and when he is finished will it update automatically?

That's good to hear. So even if the myCENTS on the forum fluctuates whatever is already in the Xisto billing account stays? (am i correct?)Thanks for clearing things up :P I was wondering what was happening with the fluctuating myCENTS.

When will opaque be finished modifying the script for myCents and when he is finished will it update automatically?

You already asked the first part of this question and it has already been answered. If you ever done any programming before, you'd understand that even if there was a "deadline," that does not garuntee you'll have it done by then. Deadlines create tension, tension has the potential of causing lower quality coding. Formulating a plan is the easy part, accomplishing it is a whole different story. As for the second part of your question: Not sure what you mean by updating automatically, but i'm sure OpaQue doesn't modify the code that is already in effect, that is located on the forums' server—that would cause havoc. OpaQue will obviously apply the changes when he solves this bug. If he didn't want this fixed, he wouldn't have been working on it.

Oh sorry my eyes skipped across it :P . When I say autmatically I mean, will the script ever be able to update your myCENTS immediately after you post.

Oh sorry my eyes skipped across it :P . When I say autmatically I mean, will the script ever be able to update your myCENTS immediately after you post.

OpaQue, is working on this problem script as we all know by now. Things like this do take time. It's not something you can write up in 5 mins and just put into the board. It will also have to update it's self, as well as know between good and bad posting IE Spamming. myself I do not know when he will have all this fixed but I do know that he will.

When I say autmatically I mean, will the script ever be able to update your myCENTS immediately after you post.

Even with a different algorithm, i don't think the burden on the server doing the calculations in the backend would decrease enough to have myCENTs convert into dollars immediately after receiving myCENTs.

I think that there are a couple of reasons for not doing instant updates.

I'm going to assume you meant the myCENTS per post, meaning if you make a new post you will see how many myCENTS you got instantly.

So in relation to that...There are a couple of issues.

1)That is a *lot* of reading and writing to the database. It would have to do so after every post anyone made.

2)People could spam long messages before their posting ended to get it renewed for the next month, and then it would be until the mods deleted the post before anything got changed.

I think the system is perfect how it is now. I don't see any issues with waiting to be credited.