xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
aliawais

Lady Finger For Diabetes Treatment of Sugar (Diabetes)

Note: This is a mail which I have received from a friend and do not know anyone who has tried the following remedy. Though you will learn, it is not harmful,Please note that another name for Lady Finger is ’?OKRA ".Last month in one of TV program I learnt of a treatment of Sugar (Diabetes). Since I am diabetic, I tried it and it was very useful and my Sugar is in control now. In fact I have already reduced my medicine.Take two pieces of Lady Finger and remove/cut both ends of each Piece. Also put a small cut in the middle and put these two pieces in glass of water. Cover the glass and keep it at room temperature during night. Early morning, before breakfast simply remove two pieces of lady Finger from the glass and drink that water.Keep doing it on daily basis.Within two weeks, you will see remarkable results in reduction of your SUGAR.My sister has got rid of her diabetes. She was on Insulin for a few years, but after taking the lady fingers every morning for a few months, she has stopped Insulin but continues to take the lady fingers every day. But she chops the lady fingers into fine pieces in the night, adds the water and drinks it all up the next morning. Please try it as it will not do you any harm even if it does not do much good to you, but you have to keep taking it for a few months before you see results, as most cases might be chronic.

Note: This is a mail which I have received from a friend and do not know anyone who has tried the following remedy. Though you will learn, it is not harmful,
Please note that another name for Lady Finger is łOKRA ".
Last month in one of TV program I learnt of a treatment of Sugar (Diabetes). Since I am diabetic, I tried it and it was very useful and my Sugar is in control now. In fact I have already reduced my medicine.
Take two pieces of Lady Finger and remove/cut both ends of each Piece. Also put a small cut in the middle and put these two pieces in glass of water. Cover the glass and keep it at room temperature during night. Early morning, before breakfast simply remove two pieces of lady Finger from the glass and drink that water.
Keep doing it on daily basis.
Within two weeks, you will see remarkable results in reduction of your SUGAR.
My sister has got rid of her diabetes. She was on Insulin for a few years, but after taking the lady fingers every morning for a few months, she has stopped Insulin but continues to take the lady fingers every day. But she chops the lady fingers into fine pieces in the night, adds the water and drinks it all up the next morning. Please try it as it will not do you any harm even if it does not do much good to you, but you have to keep taking it for a few months before you see results, as most cases might be chronic.

Honestly I would not trust this. Also I would like seeing the org artical of all this. Diabetes can be very deadly and tricky to deal with. I would honestly if you wish to try this please consult your doctor 1st before trying it. It could save you a arm or leg or even your life.

Honestly I would not trust this. Also I would like seeing the org artical of all this. Diabetes can be very deadly and tricky to deal with. I would honestly if you wish to try this please consult your doctor 1st before trying it. It could save you a arm or leg or even your life.

I fully agree with him on this. Even if it was "proven," a doctor's guidance would be much safer. There are some things that are healthy for some and yet deadly for others.

Unless...Are you meaning Okra like the food you can get at restaurants? Like the hard, small bready thing? If so, it couldn't hurt you but I highly doubt it would really have much of an effect...

My understanding is that you can't cure diabetes.

Okra cure: response to Echo_of_thunder & rpgsearcherzLady Finger For Diabetes

How absolutly sad that people express such fear of treating a disease with a whole food such as described. No you shouldn't give up your meds right off but what harm can it do to try this? As long as you're monitoring your blood sugar this is perfectly safe.

Who praytell will ever 'prove' such a treatment.  You can't patent okra.  Where's the profit? No medical authority ever approves of treating a disease naturally and cheaply

As far as "My understanding is that you can't cure diabetes." You would be surprised at all that is possible when you open your eyes and mind.

Remember "Let food be your medicine.."  Hippocrates

-reply by Solunas

Note: This is a mail which I have received from a friend and do not know anyone who has tried the following remedy. Though you will learn, it is not harmful,
Please note that another name for Lady Finger is łOKRA ".
Last month in one of TV program I learnt of a treatment of Sugar (Diabetes). Since I am diabetic, I tried it and it was very useful and my Sugar is in control now. In fact I have already reduced my medicine.
Take two pieces of Lady Finger and remove/cut both ends of each Piece. Also put a small cut in the middle and put these two pieces in glass of water. Cover the glass and keep it at room temperature during night. Early morning, before breakfast simply remove two pieces of lady Finger from the glass and drink that water.
Keep doing it on daily basis.
Within two weeks, you will see remarkable results in reduction of your SUGAR.
My sister has got rid of her diabetes. She was on Insulin for a few years, but after taking the lady fingers every morning for a few months, she has stopped Insulin but continues to take the lady fingers every day. But she chops the lady fingers into fine pieces in the night, adds the water and drinks it all up the next morning. Please try it as it will not do you any harm even if it does not do much good to you, but you have to keep taking it for a few months before you see results, as most cases might be chronic.

I don't have diabetes,but even if I did,I don't see any doctor credentials next to
your name.
It really is dangerous to give out advice like that,and somebody who isn't qualified who does, is most often referred to as a quack.
Maybe you meant well but I'd ask a doctor about it.

My understanding is that you can't cure diabetes.

You can cure diabetes, type 2 being the easier of the two to cure, but it's not as easy of a process as the topic starter is implying, and there may be cases where you cannot cure it—that is, for example, if you were born with a dysfunctional pancreas. For the kinds that you can cure, it would involve mostly a big change in your eating habits, but as with any habit, it's a bit hard to break. I would not in any way recommend what the topic starter is suggesting to try out. The topic starter didn't even get into changing the overall eating habits of the person who would attempt to try this "method" out. Without considering sugar intake from the other foods that the person would be taking, the person using this "method" could in turn be adding unwanted amounts of sugar to their diet, as there is no precaution mentioned by the topic starter in that area.

There is probably an assumption by the topic starter that the only intake of sugar would come from that morning drink—in which case would be more believable. However, a lady finger does not contain complex sugars—it contains simple sugars. Complex sugars are simple sugars that are tied together. In order for the body to put these simple sugars to use, it would have to untie them. If they are already untied, like in the case of the lady finger, then the sugar would go straight into the blood all at once, rather than little by little. If diabetes is to be cured, the sugars would have to go into the blood little by little. When a lot of sugar is inserted into the blood and the body cannot handle it all, it will still attempt to try and handle it. In this case the insulin bears no effect because your body is rejecting the insulin. This is known as type 2 diabetes. In this case, the cure is obvious: cut down on the sugar. However, in America, where simple sugars are dominant in, amazingly, all kinds of food that you eat, attempting to cut down on the sugar is a lot harder than one would have assumed—especially since it is generally cheaper to go with these simple sugar products.

Type 1 diabetes may or may not be curable. Although there may be other cases of type 2 diabetes, the one i mentioned is the most common one that i've heard about. Type 1 diabetes can be either your pancreas is too tired to work and therefore does not work, or you are born with a dysfunctional pancreas. (There may be other cases, but these are the only ones i've heard of.) In the former case, the cure would be to give your pancreas a rest. I, however, am uncertain on how one would go about in doing that. In both the former and latter case, a transplant may be required. But i wouldn't exclude the possibility of the pancreas in the former case to start working again on its own. When you hear on T.V. that "there is currently no cure for it," this is usually within the context of medicine or other similar, medical methods. In which case this is most often true, but that doesn't mean there aren't alternative steps that can be taken.

Diabetes has to be treated/handles carefullyLady Finger For Diabetes

I am a Diabetic(Type 2) for the last 15 years. Just taking Okra soaked in water overnight may help to an extent but may not be the only cure. I am a strong believer of ayurveda and use of some vegitables in managing Diabetes. I am getting a lot of relief from taking vegetable-juices in empty stomach. But idiabetes needs a combination of Diet, Drugs, Walking and Excercise. Any one or two will never cure Diabetes. It can never be cured but only managed. The Diabetics who do not believe in the above can put themselves into serious ailments and malfunction of vital organs like Kidneys, eyes, lever etc.Monitor your sugar levels regularly at home itself and keep a record of what you eat and its relationship with your sugar levels. Take sugar readings whenever you feel weak or uncomfortable and consult your doctor and adjust your medication, diet etc. Never take diabetes lightly. Self discipline is a must - KCB gupta

-reply by KCB Gupta

I have tried lady finger water. My sugar increasedLady Finger For Diabetes

Dear All,

I have diabetes and I am taking medicine to control sugar every day. I used the lady finger water for 5 days and found that the sugar level has increased instead of going down.

My advise to Blog: Try it and tell others.

-reply by Raminder Singh Sahota

Lady Finger For DiabetesLady Finger For DiabetesHi,Myself and my wife have diabetes and we are taking medicine to control sugar every day. We used the lady finger water for 15 days and found that the sugar level has increased instead of going down.Better don't use this to conrol your blood sugar.ByM.Santhana Kumar-reply by M Santhana Kumar

Lady Finger Does to ReduceLady Finger For DiabetesI have tried 3weeks it does reduce a little bit, first of all your daily food must also reduceTake less rice , less sugar in yr coffee and exercise , no supper please.Believe or not.I sugar reduce...A LITTLEIt also help your necap improve better , previous I feel my leg tried after climbling overhead bridge. Now I can do better than beforeI do not know whether any side effect, because yr daily tool seem hard.My friend felt the same.-reply by pkseah