xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tramposch

Xisto Corporation - Best Host Ever?

While you read this, you may notice some obvious references to parts of the Xisto corp that people that have been around for a while know about. I wrote this assuming I was talking to people who had no idea what the Xisto corp all offered. And it is a documentation (though short) of my experiences with them.

I am not really sure where to begin I think it all started 2 years ago when I was really into working with Runescape private servers. I had made a server and I really wanted to host a website for my server with a client and information on it. Being only 14 with no steady income, I obviously needed a free host. After a short bit of searching around, I found Xisto, an Xisto Corp. website, which offered free hosting with no ads in exchange for posts in their forum. Of course I jumped on it! The forum was super active, so it wasnt hard to earn the credits needed to get the hosting. This marked the real start of my career on the internet.

Fast forward to the present and I am back with Xisto. I have used probably around 8 other hosts, and none really give me the same good, secure feeling that Xisto does. Their pricing is very reasonable and their customer support is outstanding. I just used a hosting company called Monte Carlo Hosting and didnt like it that much. They offered relatively cheap hosting, but the customer support was somewhat lacking and their servers seemed rather slow. Thinking back to all my previous hosts, I couldnt help but think about Xisto. I decided to switch back.

A huge bonus to being with the Xisto network is that on their forums (http://forums.xisto.com/ and http://forums.xisto.com/) you can post for credits, or what they call myCENTs. Each myCENT is worth 1 American penny. As long as you make thoughtful posts, you are pretty much guaranteed credits. Now the real great part about myCENT is that you can use these credits on hosting services they offer. I bought my hosting from Xisto - Web Hosting (https://xisto.com/) and at the time only paid an initial fee of $30, the rest was covered by my myCENT earnings. I already have gathered almost enough to pay for my next month of hosting.

While this all sounds so great so far, and it is, this is where there was a bit of a hiccup. I guess you cant really blame this on anybody though. But after I signed up, I knew from past experience that my account would be setup almost immediately. After a few hours I began to worry because it had not been setup yet. I submitted a support ticket and I received a reply the next morning explaining what is happening. It was something about my payment being risky. I could go on and on in specifics about that, but I dont think it actually matteres that much. However, I next contacted a sales executive I know from past experience about it and she started to explain it all. It turned out that one of their main servers for billing and account setup had been DDoSed (Distributed Denial of Service). This, essentially, makes the server unreachable due to loads of connections.

She assured me that it would only be a few more hours until it was sorted out. That turned out to not be true.

I waited another day and a half before I saw results. All through it I got pretty angry. Looking back at it, though, there really isnt anybody to blame, as things happen. Eventually it did all get sorted out. And they were really nice about it too. My incident may sound like a complaint, but in fact, it is more a compliment. The support staff handled this really well and I give them major props for it. I look forward to doing business with them in the future.

The Xisto Corporation is by far my favorite host EVER. I have yet to find one that beats its quality, support, and speed. I feel like family when dealing with them, and it is a great thing. So if you are looking for hosting, I HIGHLY recommend using the Xisto Corporation to fulfil your needs. You wont be disappointed.

I completely agree that they are great about solving issues. Even small questions that they should probably blow you off on or tell you to go to the forums, they will explain to you instead.As for the problems I've had, every host has issues. It is how they deal with them that counts.So far Xisto has given me no issues, other than the resolved ones.I love these guys, *tears*

I completely agree that they are great about solving issues. Even small questions that they should probably blow you off on or tell you to go to the forums, they will explain to you instead.
As for the problems I've had, every host has issues. It is how they deal with them that counts.

So far Xisto has given me no issues, other than the resolved ones.

I love these guys, *tears*

I also agree 110% I have had no problems and when I do have one be it big or all have ask a question it is answered in a timely manner and very simply. none of this high tech talk that you lose, but in a way anyone could understand. WTG Xisto. The best hosts on the net EVER!

The only experience I have from Xisto is from this sister site Xisto, where my friend Soby registered an account here after looking here and there for free hosting solutions and never finding one for himself. I was with him in making up the website and forums and believe me, all the little time that we spent on the forums and the hosting, We never really had any problems with it and never felt that we are using a free hosting solution rather than a paid one. The support for technologies and the updated cPanel they had was something even most of the paid ones are not offering. Though we had a problem with the hosting not supporting Microsoft.net framework 2.0 or later and Crystal Reports because they are running the hosting server on Linux but apart from that, I have found them to be top notch in all the aspects.Now that I need a hosting space of my own, I hope that I find the same level of performance and support from Xisto as before. Long live Xisto and Xisto. You guys are the best.