xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sakmac

What Is Is When You Have Negative Mycent? how and why do you get this problem

I have just been browsing round this forum and have seen a few members with negative mycent. First, I wanted to ask why do they have it in negative figures because surely if you don't have enough mycent then your package will just cut off.My theory on why this happens is someone takes a really expensive plan for a year or two and then stops posting and the contract doesn't terminate. This is quite worrying because what if you forget to post a bit, and if you are in negative mycent what can it go up to, and do you just need to post normally to get them all away.

No yaar. Negative myCents are due to some bug in the myCent script. OpaQue is currently tweaking the myCents script to detect spam and also to increase the myCents amount for posts. This is the reason for present Negative cents, not ordering expensive plan or something else... :P

I have just been browsing round this forum and have seen a few members with negative mycent. First, I wanted to ask why do they have it in negative figures because surely if you don't have enough mycent then your package will just cut off.
My theory on why this happens is someone takes a really expensive plan for a year or two and then stops posting and the contract doesn't terminate. This is quite worrying because what if you forget to post a bit, and if you are in negative mycent what can it go up to, and do you just need to post normally to get them all away.

Dear friend it was due to some problems in mycents system. Even now I have lost some earned dollars still don't know why. Last time when it occured it was only the mycents which was effected and this time its effecting the earned dollars also. Lets hope for the best and wait for some time to let it rectified. 

No yaar. Negative myCents are due to some bug in the myCent script. OpaQue is currently tweaking the myCents script to detect spam and also to increase the myCents amount for posts. This is the reason for present Negative cents, not ordering expensive plan or something else... :P

Hmm, how did you come up with that information?

I've been wondering the same thing though...I thought the negatives were only for that one period of like 12 hours, but even now there are a lot of people popping up with negative myCENTS.

Does this really mean that they are all spamming or something?

The reason I'm wondering is that I've yet to get any negatives(aside from the initial burst - but those were all given back afterwards), but I never spam.

Hello every1I would like to inform you all that sometime earlier today i was having 3.05 or 3.95 myCent after conversion to $ and suddenly it changed to Negative How to rectify this problem dear

You're at negative now even,lol...I think maybe what it is doing is overconverting.Like let's say you have 132 mycents, it may be depositing $2 and then putting you at negative 68 to account for the change.It's really the only explanation I can think of. A lot of us aren't ever going into negatives, but I see that a lot of you still are.Or it could be due to spamming. Maybe your posts and/or threads are being deleted and that is what's causing the change?

I don't think it would convert more than you have. I would assume negatives would either arise from a tweaking in the script pertaining to the calculation of the myCENTs earned, topics and posts written which have been decided to be spam and deleted, or posts in topics which have been deleted albeit your specific post not being spam.If you see lots of users deeply in the negatives, then chances are that there has been modifications to the script for deriving the earned amounts. For example if you see jlhaslip, a moderator with way too much time on his hands and way too many posts, on -1400 myCENTs, then it is likely that there has been a global modification to the myCENT calculation.Purchasing plans will not reduce your myCENT value, but rather the amount in the Xisto - Support Billing Area.

I haven't been in the negatives since the first time, and only a few people I've seen have negatives, so I'm assuming it is due to the post deletions.A recalculation wouldn't really make sense because if it was affecting one, why not all?:PSome of us haven't been having issues, so that wouldn't really make sense.

Hello every1

I would like to inform you all that sometime earlier today i was having 3.05 or 3.95 myCent after conversion to $ and suddenly it changed to Negative

How to rectify this problem dear

There are some chances that it may due to tweaking the myCents script. But mostly its due to your posts. One of the moderator edited your post and commented it out. Look at your post here Your Edited Post. All acronyms you posted were commented. So you lost your myCents that were calculated for this edited post. Next time make sure to put quote tags around the post you are copying from some other webiste... :P
Edited by xpress (see edit history)

Obviously there are still some bugs either directly or indirectly caused by tweaking to the scripts and even now I have seen a few people in the negatives today. So the best thing you can do let OpaQue know that you have been getting nothing but negative MyCents and he will take a look and see what is causing the problem and hopefully fix it before you go bankrupt. Also if you notice yourself getting negative MyCents stop posting and let the mods or admin know and that way you won't lose anymore if you keep on posting.

I was actually wondering if it was a bug in the system too... considering that I was at NEGATIVE 116.72 or something like that for a while... can't remember.It fixed itself though after a few posts. I noticed that it came up after frequent posting (since I usually do my Xisto forum kicks in one shot), but funny enough, I didn't post any one-liners or anything that might even seem like spam to a bot...

I'm at negative 1136+ now, and I don't spam. So it's definitely just a bug in the system.I wouldn't worry about it in terms of getting credit for your posts though. I think the system fully calculates everything anyways.

This negative myCents are still going here? I think it'll be helpful if OpaQue posts something about it. I already lost $9 xistodollars a few days back, and still no updates for my lost balance. :P

I am currently -53.48, and before I had 80 something... :P , what is wrong with the script, I haven't experienced this issue before.

Damn it....Negative mycents for me again.....Now i'm at NEGATIVE [-715.70]. I already lost $9dollars, now $7 more dollars ready to lost again. This is really annoying......OpaQue....Where are you? Need your help..... :P

Edited by xpress (see edit history)