xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
donov

The First Mobile Phone With Video Calls

"Asus" has get under way anticipatory assus Skype video phone.With the first AiGuru SV1 Skype Phone without mobile network or Computer network...AiGuru will took the wi-Fi Technology.It mey to take part with normal cabel.The phone will have a microfhone,speakers, and 7-inch LCD screen AiGuru is able to video conference.The phone will be selling by the Europe and the price will be 270 euro*

That sounds like a cool device, not only because it will be able to make Video calls, but with a 7 inch screen it will for sure do some other great things :P maybe cooler things than the iPhone... but wait.... a 7 inch screen?!? that's sort of big for a cell phone screen, maybe it will be a little uncomfortable to carry it on your pocket.That's why I may just buy an iPhone instead :P

A video cell....I don't even use a normal video phone,lol.I wonder how often people will use them though. With a 7 inch screen, not only is it huge, but it will drain your battery fast as well. Honestly, aside from a very few people, I can't see this as being a normal item to carry around.I would much rather carry around my normal 2 inch cell phone.If they were to shrink the screen by about 5 inches, and increase the battery life, I could see it as being a normally used item, though.We'll see how it goes!

Maybe they will come up with a way to make it's battery last around the same as a regular cellphone, or even more? you know, technology can always surprise you.

Maybe, but even if they did...A 7" screen isn't a phone anymore, it's almost a mini-laptop.

If you remember the phones they had back in the 80's where they were huge(when only business people had them), multiply that by 2-3 and you will see how big these would be.

I just couldn't justify the size.

Granted, on a positive note, it'd be harder to lose than the small cell phones we use now, :P.

Yes, the phone appears to be useful but who would wanna carry around such a huge thing in their pockets. Also what would be the price of a Skype call, I would imagine that it would be quite high as it is going to stream videos...A couple of the good things about this phone would happen to be the price, at 270 Euros, it isn't a bad deal considering that you are getting a "mini laptop".Personally, I would much prefer to carry my excellent laptop around instead, because it doesn't have only one use as a "skype phone", I can also use it to email, surf the web and much more.

Link please.Although a 7 inch cellphone is nice, the practical use is very limited. Nowadays, some phones can access the net thru Wi-Fi which is nice. Since these types of phones are usually 3G capable, it will most likely have a good video display which begs to question why would someone need a bigger screen if the battery life would suffer. I think that just making a normal 3G cellphone with Skype and Wi-Fi would be enough. Also something that big would not be easy to use.

But there aren't regular size cellphones already to make video calls? That service is already available just with putting and extra camera on the front of the cellphone and it's done.. but the one you are describing with that screen is huge, and I personally think the most important feature of a cellphone is that it's easy to carry and can fit in any pocket... :P