xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
palahniukpaul

Kids Riding Dirt-bikes

Should kids be allowed to ride dirt bikes under the age of 16?

I personaly think they should be able to ride. Ive been riding sinse the age of 4 and i have never even broken a single bone on it, i none of my frends or cousins have ever broken a bone on one. A lot of states are trying to make it a law that kids cant ride at all. Riding Dirt-bikes is a great way to make frend and all around have a good time.

To all those who are going to say that they will break they're neck you have a lot more chance of getting hit by a bus than dieing of on a Dirt-Bike.

Should kids be allowed to ride dirt bikes under the age of 16?
I personaly think they should be able to ride. Ive been riding sinse the age of 4 and i have never even broken a single bone on it, i none of my frends or cousins have ever broken a bone on one. A lot of states are trying to make it a law that kids cant ride at all. Riding Dirt-bikes is a great way to make frend and all around have a good time.

To all those who are going to say that they will break they're neck you have a lot more chance of getting hit by a bus than dieing of on a Dirt-Bike.

Well I do see your point. but just because you or your friends/cousins have not broken any bones, don't mean someone has broekn them or worse. All states do have laws on driving, and this also includes dirt bikes, just some states really do not inforce them like they need too. But if your on your own property, then and only then should you be allowed to ride your dirt bike. I know myself I have seen a lot of kids well under 16 years of age out on there dirt bikes or quads on public streets. Now that is wrong, and that is why we have these laws. It is really up to the Town City and or state to inforce these laws and also the kids mothers and fathers, to make sure that these kids abide by them.

Kids will be kids I know. I was once once. We love to take chances. But is breaking a leg arm or even getting yourself killed worth it?

Yes,kids should be allowed to ride dirt bikes but theyshouldn't be allowed to drive them on the road.A schoolyard(After school hours),A public park(In sanctioned areas),bike paths and wilderness areas should be allright.Theres a reason people have a drivers license.For the most practical reasons.Safety and such.

Yes,kids should be allowed to ride dirt bikes but theyshouldn't be allowed to drive them on the road.
A schoolyard(After school hours),A public park(In
sanctioned areas),bike paths and wilderness areas should be allright.
Theres a reason people have a drivers license.
For the most practical reasons.Safety and such.

I agree with you!Riding bikes is a good sport!It's good for kids!But Safety is important!You should monitor it.

I personally love riding. I completely agree that kids should be able to ride at whatever age they want. Keep in mind that their parents will probably be buying the bike for them as most kids can't afford one. It is a great sport to get started in. If you are properly equipped, then your chances of breaking bones are very slim. Most people who end up breaking something are usually unsafely riding or not wearing proper protection. You also have to make sure they ride in suitable places. Public roads and such aren't very safe places, but on trails in the woods or on a track would be the best place.

Dear friend I think you and your cousins are really lucky not to broke their bones but it is not in every case so I think it depends on the parents itself whether to allow or not Obviously if the kid has to make friends in turn of a fracture or something like it then I don't think I should prefer not to send him for cycling.?

Yes,kids should be allowed to ride dirt bikes but theyshouldn't be allowed to drive them on the road.
A schoolyard(After school hours),A public park(In
sanctioned areas),bike paths and wilderness areas should be allright.
Theres a reason people have a drivers license.
For the most practical reasons.Safety and such.

I totally agree about allowing them to ride on the road. Each and every child is different. Regardless of age I think it really depends on the child. Riding a dirt bike or any bike should be a privileged, one that irresponsibility can lose you. Where you get to ride should be taken into consideration, Those who are responsible teenagers can have their run, within reason, but younger children need to be observed obviously, and should only be allowed to ride in specific places.

I was like 12 and riding my bike all over town when I stayed with my dad. He lived in a very small town where there was nothing to do. And riding all over town was a favorite way to pass the time. You know ride to the DQ and get a flurry, then be home in time for dinner. It was great. However, while It was not a big deal then, today I wouldn't dream of letting my son just take off where ever he wants without supervision. Only when he's earned the privilege of going off on his own, within reason would I even consider it.

My 7 year old son has already been riding for over a year, his dad rides as well. We go to tracks and pay to race and practice where we are safe and everyone knows what is going on. He is also well protected with a helmet, boots, chest protector, and a neckbrace. We also have to keep in gloves and goggles. This is all part of riding to us and we love it. I do believe it is up to parents to keep there kids safe. Motocross is a great family activity.

kids should be able to ride dirt bikes because everyone needs to start some where you cant get good if you dont start young and fresh, and if kids do get hurt then the parents have there about there own child.

I don't have a problem with kids and dirt bikes, providing they are off road. If anyone's only problem with kids riding dirt bikes was a safty issue in that they might break bones, I would just say that kids can break bones falling out of trees, throwing rocks at each other, tripping over their dogs, falling off porches, horses, monkey bars, swings, slides and as far as that goes, their own 2 feet. You certainly can't ban rocks and trees and all that other stuff.