xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
encryptedwrath

Explore My first try at space art

I know it's nothing spectacular , but it was my first ever try at space art :)

Posted Image

some critique is appreciated , but please don't rip it to shreds , it's my first go D:

Edited by encryptedwrath (see edit history)

wow very nice, myself loving good graphics I really like it but for one little thing. the star burst in the upper left. Would have toned it down a little, to me it makes it a little lop sided. Great work though. Should try something like that in 3D

Looks nice, but it seems as if in the planet that has a giant.. crack? in it.. it makes the planet look flat, try to like.. curve it with the planets sphere shape.

Looks nice, but it seems as if in the planet that has a giant.. crack? in it.. it makes the planet look flat, try to like.. curve it with the planets sphere shape.

Tram what kind of monitor you using? Looks round here, and looks more like a globe than any of the others. now the one to the upper left on the other hand, looks more as a eclips moon. oh well the whole thing to me still rates a 8.5

wow very nice, myself loving good graphics I really like it but for one little thing. the star burst in the upper left. Would have toned it down a little, to me it makes it a little lop sided. Great work though. Should try something like that in 3D

nice designs, agree with tramp though

Tram what kind of monitor you using? Looks round here, and looks more like a globe than any of the others. now the one to the upper left on the other hand, looks more as a eclips moon. oh well the whole thing to me still rates a 8.5

Thanks for all the critique , and @ Tramposch it looks pretty spherical to me

I'm using a viewsonic vx1945WM if you wanted to know (19"). I am saying that the crack doesnt look uniform because, on the green glob if you look more to the right side, a little lower than the center, at the point where the globe meets the edge it should really have some curving effect, and the crack on the globe does not get smaller to make as if the distance would be farther, seeing its curving.

Does that make sense? But over all I rate it an 8/10.

Solid artwork there. How i wish its a bigger piece. IMO, the text and the glow on the top left spoil the whole thing. The lava cracks is good over there as it will be the focus point of everything. Those smoke effects isnt necessary.One question : Are those planets part of your own creation?

Wow! It's beautiful! The nebula type thing in the top left hand corner is impressive!I absolutely love graphics with space etc. They are always so magical :PGreat work!!

That's *censored* amazing. I can't believe that could be made on a program, nevertheless a human on a piece of paper. That's really good, the only problem if it is a problem is the star blast where the light is coming from the upper left corner, I would just leave a lens flare on the top curve of the blue planet instead of a star burst, but I like making it seem sorta of deja vu (ish) Really amazing piece of work, I would make it into a signature by cropping out a bit, and using effects with the text, to make it feel spaceship like. What were the resources used in this, or a tut that you followed if you did?I just wanted to know to see where you started from or what inspired this.