xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
networker

Adobe

I've never liked Adobe acrobat reader.I've always found it an extremelyawkward application to use.Never easy to view,links that don't work,no copy and paste etc. What makes me laugh,considering Acrobat reader appears tobe Adobes first main application,is how this company gotso strong that they bought dreamweaver.Truth is stranger than fiction.Basically Acrobat reader is a joke.

Perhaps it's your system which has a fault , or you have some software which interferes with acrobat reader. Acrobat Reader. It means you can read the documents , but not edit them. You have to purchase the application for that. And they didn't just buy dreamweaver , they bought Macromedia , which included flash , fireworks and dreamweaver. Acrobat Reader was never their flagship product , as it's free. They made money from the applications like Photoshop and Illustrator and more recently flash and dreamweaver. If a company can manage to buy out a strong rival purely buy free software then the world is a fairly odd place.

Adobe began Photoshop?I never knew that.I didn't mean that Adobe couldn't be edited.What I meant was thatI could never copy from an Adobe document and paste intoanother application like notepad.I've never really had any problems with any other software,just Adobe.I don't like the way it scrolls though.I find it an irritating application.

Adobe began everything apart from what they acquired from macromedia. You aren't allowed to paste it , as it is only acrobat reader. It's meant to be a lure to get you to purchase the application. Have you had any problem with any other adobe software?

I use adobe cs3 suite and its great for building websites, designing logos, editing video, photo touch ups, and much more... nothing i cant do with it, not always the easiest to use but very functional

I use CS4 and I haven't had any problems with any of the programs yet :)

I have had no issues with Adobe products, and in fact I find them all easy to use and understand.As for Adobe Acrobat, it's there to just be a book-like system. I love it when reading e-books because you can add notes, you can bookmark your book, you can increase or decrease the size of the text, etc.Adobe is one of my favorite companies when it comes to development software. So many options, such good quality, etc.My only real issue is figuring out the justification for having two programs for graphics : Fireworks and Photoshop.

Well I personally love all of Adobe's products. Flash has been given a complete makeover, as has FireWorks and Dreamweaver so it is no longer a macromedia product. I own almost everyone of Adobe's products and I never have a problem with them, including Acrobat Reader.

I love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love adobe products. I have been using them for about three years. I have been working on website design, graphics design, and so an and so forth. It has been really great working with all these programs, and to be able to see them develop so greatly over the years, especially photoshop, the development of photoshop is amazing, the new features they add every time are just mind blowing, but its the same with Adobe After Effects. I would have to say my favourite Adobe After Effects effect is the Pixel Bender effect, which you can use to re create a droste effect. Just appreciate all that Adobe has done for the world, many websites were made using Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and flash. Many of the graphics out there now were created in photoshop. Just thank hem that they were nice enough to provide a free program so you can read PDF documents (i personally just straight out hate PDF documents though).Adobe has really created a revolution for programs related to graphics, and design. It is truly stunning in which these programs can do.

I agree with most of the people who've replied so far. I haven't had any issues with Adobe products, I find Acrobat reader a good product (and it's supposed to be a taster for you to buy the full Acrobat anyway). As for other products, I've been a Photoshop user since forever (it's the perfect application for editing, designing, logos, website making etc), and I now also use Dreamweaver which I haven't had any major issues with so far.As far as I'm concerned Adobe products are great :P

I have been an adobe fan boy since photoshop 7 almost 4 years ago and been with them ever since and sure there are the haters out there, especially those who hate Adobe Reader. Of course, for those who do there are alternatives to adobe reader and what not so go check those out. I am using Adobe CS4 Web Design Premium (legally) and I have to say it is awesome and the complete all around package for designers and programmers alike. If I look back at 4 years ago, I say adobe took way to long in acquiring Macromedia and on top of that I wish they could just release updates instead of new versions since CS4 is the complete package in web authoring tools.

I personally don't mind Adobe. I'm not exactly a fanboy, but I do like some of their products. I currently own Flash CS4, which is a great product compared to the alternatives (I can hardly remember what Macromedia Flash 8 was like so I can't really say how much Adobe has improved it). Adobe Reader is fine to me, as it has all the functionality that I would require, and heaps more that I wouldn't.If everyone hated Adobe, why would the Adobe Flash Player have over a 98% penetration rate?

If everyone hated Adobe, why would the Adobe Flash Player have over a 98% penetration rate?

That doesn't sound quiet right to me... Penetration rate? :P

I mean almost everybody uses adobe for something, like flash, or PDF reader.. its almost a must.

Adobe is awesome and horrible.

I love the power behind Adobe's creative suites, being able to manipulate photos with Photoshop, create vector images with Illustrator, create and edit videos with Premiere, work with audio in SoundBooth, and everything else in between. The software is very powerful, and it's easy to say that it is the industry standard.

With all that power, however, Adobe has its faults. A lot of their programs are bloated beyond relief. Adobe Acrobat is one of the worse programs to deal with, having to go with a hefty install of bloatware, then being constantly reminded to download and look for updates using the updating client. Worse off, it takes forever to load compared to a free and MUCH faster alternative: Foxit. Another thing that's pretty bad is the uninstallation/installation process for Photoshop CS3... because it doesn't work off of the CD. (You have to copy the contents onto your hard drive and install it from there, and if it failed once, PS CS3 won't let you reinstall it until you clean up the previous installation that failed... which is another headache altogether, in which even Adobe provides an article on how to clean up its own program installation using a third-party piece of software.) The programs are rather slow on midrange PCs, although CS3 has improved in the performance tier. (CS4, apparently, doesn't give hardcore users much of an upgrade in performance, but it does offer some features that some people will be willing to bite the bullet for.) Speaking of bullets, the price for the software is a wicked turn-off, steering budget consumers towards piracy of the programs or even to the other free alternatives like the GIMP, which, in its own right, is an awesome piece of free image manipulation software with power that rivals Photoshop.

So I'll agree and disagree... Adobe creates awesome programs that is pretty much engraved into today's design professions, whether it involved web development, image and video processing, publishing and documentation, or anything involving media. The creative suites contain an insane powerhouse of tools for anyone, professional or casual. All this is enough to wave aside some of the discrepancies that occasionally occur that drive people absolutely nuts.

I am also an Adobe fan. I like its products very much. I am satisfied with them except their Adobe Reader. Of course, I tried only four of their products. Photoshop, GoLive, Dreamweaver and Adobe Reader. Photoshop is the best and powerful one in its kind. I have been using it for 5 years. The next one I like most is their GoLive which is for designing Websites. I liked it very much. But they stopped developing that product after they bought Dreamweaver from Macromedia and start promoting Dreamweaver. Even though dreamweaver is good and easy to use, I like GoLive than Dreamweaver.The most horrible product from them is the Adobe Reader. It is getting worse with every new version. I don't know why they are putting lot of crap into thier product with every version. We won't use most of that crap at the least. And its startup time and RAM occupancy are too much. Foxit Reader is 100 times better than Adobe Reader.