xisto Community
SavageTaktikz

A Teenagers Workout Get up. Stand up

Working out can be tough especially if you don't own state of the art equipment. But everyone can achieve amazing results using their body as leverage.

However for this guide you will need a pair of dumbbells you feel comfortable lifting as well as a medicine ball (5 - 10lbs).

I Personally am a teenager in high school, and have lots of schoolwork to juggle as well as extracurricular activities that are not sport related.

I do not have a gym membership but working out in my room makes a big difference.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Stretch - Do some really good stretches involving your legs and arms.

2. Run at high speed for 10 minutes. (Studies show that running at full or interval speeds increase your heart rate and burn as much fat and calories as running at a constant pace for 30 minutes.) <-- This has to be done outside, or on a treadmill if you have one. If you don't just do suicides (Don't kill yourself, although they make you feel like you want to).

3. The next 30 minutes are quick exercises that can be done in your room or living room.

Triceps

Dips

A) Grab 2 chairs and put them facing each other about a little less than your body length away. Place one foot on one chair and your arms holding you up on the other. Start lowering your back and upper body holding yourself with your arms. About 12 reps and 2 - 3 sets.

Chest

Push ups

A) Really simple but works amazingly on your chest (pectoralis major) and lower chest (pectoralis minor). Simple place your hands shoulder length apart and start doing push ups. With the completion of every set move your hands closer together. On your last set you should have your hands forming a diamond. About 10 reps and 3 sets.

Dumbell Bench Press

Be)Simply hold the dumbells like you would a bar. (This is very hard to explain so simply google Bench Press.) About 2 sets of 12 - 15 reps.

Abdominals

Leg Raises

A) Leg Raises work your lower abdominals, and help make that six-pack even more defined. Place your hands under your lower back and lay flat on the floor. Raise your legs together in a slow constant motion. Do a 1-2-3 count as you raise and lower keeping this tempo ensures you don't lose the burn. About 2 sets of 15 reps each.

Crunches

Be) Crunches are simple and I assume you know how to do them, the key is to not lift with your head or neck. Ensure you don't make this mistake by placing your hands - palms flat- across your chest. Maintain the same tempo as Leg Raises. If you do not feel your abdominals working Increase the speed, however don't lose your technique. Same reps and sets as above.

Medicine Ball Jumps

C) Really Easy! Simply hold the medicine ball around your stomach, bend your knees and explode up raising the medicine ball above your head as you jump. About 3 sets 10-12 reps each.

*As you can see the three excercises above all target your abdominal area, as I assume like most teenagers your stomach is your target area.These high fat burning and abdominal working excercises will get that six-pack in no time.*

Biceps

Bicep Curls

A) Really simple, stand ( in front of a mirror preferrably) and simple keep your elbows tucked towards your sides curl the weight. Breathe out whilst curling and breath in whilst doing your negatives (lowering the weight).About 3 sets of 10-15 reps.

Hammer Curls

Be) Whilst seated simple hold the dumbbells like hammers, with the ends facing upwards and downwards. Simple curl the weight slowly, isolating the bicep. Same Sets and rep as above.

As you can notice my main source of leg stengthening in this guide is running. However the next excercise is easy to do but I don't recommend using a floor that can be damaged easily. It also requires a partner to aid you.

Legs

Dumbell Leg Flexion

A) Dumbell Leg Curls are fairly easy you can use the same weight you're curling assuming your legs are as strong as your arms. Do about 2 sets of 12 reps each.

Posted Image

-------------------------------------------

These excercises each target a designated area that is bolded. Feel free to mix any a, be (be because b is a smiley face) and c excercises. Stick with the same combination for 2 weeks then mix it up again.

Soon you'll be looking good and the envy of many friends who are too busy playing their X-Box's. With this way you can listen to your music, or watcha tv-show whiles excercising your body.

**Legal Disclaimer - Please don't expect Bowflex bodies in less than 2 weeks to a month, those machines cost insane amounts of money and take up space you probably don't have. These excercises are for those without gym memberships and working out in their rooms or houses. I guarantee however you will see results in atleast 1 month and a half. You will notice definition.**

Edited by SavageTaktikz (see edit history)

I think the guide is pretty thorough for a relaxing workout, really.I'm on physical recovery though so most of that stuff I'm not allowed to be doing right now.

I just swim and play golf and I am in pretty good shape. I am pretty naturally gifted with muscle. And a high metabolism. I have to say, it is GREAT!

Indeed a pretty thorough guide. I'd also like to know what you mean with suicides, because I can only find killing yourself on google -.-Too bad I won't use this, as I already train my butt off :P But great guide and keep it going! :P

Suicides are where you the following:1)Stand up straight2)Drop down onto your hands and feet(you kind of bounce backwards on your way down), kind of like in the push-up position(up)3)Pull your knees and legs down under your chest area to stand up4)Stand straight up5)Repeat itAt least that's how I remember it from in school.

I can make about 25 push-ups at a time, and I have just started doing it two months ago. I do it almost every evening and I feel good while exercising. I can't wait for the summer to come so I can do some swimming in a lake I am going at every summer. It's great, I love swimming.@rpgsearcherz : I do that every evening, is it healthy or something. I can't fell asleep untill I do some exercising.

Lol I got a six pack and I do this work out every day!I run 6 miles, 450 situps, 100 press-ups. Warning = I wouldn't start by doing that, I would work your way up....

I just cycle casually, on the average summers day i could cycle 20-30 miles easily?My top speed on my mountain bike is around 35-40mph, and i cruise at 25mph - it gets easy to cruise fast when you have the endurance. :DI also do golf :D - ahh nothing like a good game :P

Edited by flashy (see edit history)

I just cycle casually, on the average summers day i could cycle 20-30 miles easily?My top speed on my mountain bike is around 35mph, and i cruise at 25mph - it gets easy to cruise fast when you have the endurance. :D

I also do golf :D - ahh nothing like a good game :P

Cool I play a bit of golf myself, Just to relax and chill out in the summer.

Every morning, before school, I go with my friend to the gym and work out for like half an hour.It helps to have someone doing it with you, because otherwise I don't think I would be.After that we bike to the school, which is like 2-3 miles away.It's not much, but its something.

I like mountain biking as well, it's healthy and it's fun. It's good for your legs. I haven't cycled that much, but when it was warmer(the weather), I used to cycle every day. 20-30 miles a day sounds a lot. You seem to like cycling pretty much.

Same, I go into the woods a lot and cycle with friends, Which is very fun even when you fall off lol :D

I think your routine is pretty light for a teenager, and would depend on size/time the teenager wants to put into the schedule. When I was in High School I would weightlift every day so my routine would fit accordingly, IE Arms one day, legs next, switch off. Cardio + Abs + Stretches every day as those are so importnat no matter what. The one thing I would definatly add to your routine is stretches AFTER you work out, this helps reduce soreness the next day, and keeps your muscles nice. Plus it can't hurt right?