xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
donov

Ebuddy Online Messenger Famous MeSengers

Welcome to eBuddy, your online messenger for MSN, Yahoo, Gtalk, ICQ, MySpace and AIM (AOL). Whether you're at home, school, work or traveling; with eBuddy you can chat online everywhere anytime. eBuddy is available as a web based and mobile version. eBuddy provides instant messaging on every computer, it even works when you are behind a firewall! eBuddy means no downloads, no installation of software or upgrades and no registration. Best of all it's free .. enjoy :)

I use eBuddy mobile quite a bit. It's useful for chatting on a phone or game console but you need to refresh the page to get new messages, which is a bit of a shame. Ajax XMLhttpRequest would have been much better...

I use eBuddy on my iPhone out of many apps available for access to msn I find ebuddy the best in terms of looks and generals ease of use. Does the job perfect.

ebuddy is great on android devices, one of the few facebook messengers that work correctly. Their last update really helped me out since my company just blocked IM services on the network.

I prefer Trillian. It's skinnable, had over 30 messengers supported, and has all of the features each of those has as well (meaning Yahoo can do video/audio chat, so can Trillian, AIM has the profile information, so does Trillian) so you never miss anything you would normally be able to use on the real messengers.But it's not free (there is a free version that is a little more limiting than the paid, although both are very good).

this may seem like a dumb question but how do i install ebuddy to my computer, like u know how msn messenger has a icon thing, does ebuddy have that icon thing or do i have to go to the website all the time to use it?

Icon thing means shortcut to the application. That means application is installed on your computer. If i'm not wrong then there is no desktop version though you can go to their website to use it as far as i know. You can also download the mobile version of their software. The desktop version of the messenger is not tried by me(and i'm not even sure its there or not) so i can't tell you if it's work for all windows dekstop. But i have used mobile version of the messenger. It's cool and if you're travelling then this messenger is quite handy.

i used EBUDDY before, it is so useful, free to download and easy to work with. i was using it to open my messenger from the mobile phone, so it was so beneficial when i was outdoor or don't have an internet connection.

I think it would be great if ebuddy turned into a downloadable software rather than a web-based messenger. Perhaps it provide both solutions, a web-based messenger and a downloadable version. I simply don't like web-based messengers because you have to keep the browser owned at all times. Thats not good convenient, especially if you are the type of person to browser from a lot of different windows at once like myself. I like a messenger that I can run in the background of my computer and open it when I need to message someone or someone message me. The problem is that I don't want to have 5 or 6 messengers downloaded on my computer and its easier to have an all-in-one type of thing. There are all-in-one messenger software in existences but they are all either buggy or have a terrible design. The way that ebuddy designed its web-based messengers, I would be more than excited to try a downloadable version of it. For the moment I only use one messenger and thats Skype. I think a lot of people are moving over to Skype as their primary messenger. I use to use Aim as my primary messenger and before that it was MSN. Before MSN, it was Yahoo and at once point I had all 3 of the messengers (excluding Skype) on my computer and running them all at once. So for the moment I will stick with Skype, but it would be nice to be able to go over to MSN, Aim, and Yahoo again without going through the trouble of running three different software at once.

Perhaps it provide both solutions, a web-based messenger and a downloadable version. I simply don't like web-based messengers because you have to keep the browser owned at all times. Thats not good convenient, especially if you are the type of person to browser from a lot of different windows at once like myself.

That's not true. Many corportate environments don't allow their users to download messenger or any software. Because of this i think there is limitation which restrict people from communicating. In such cases browser based messengers are cool. If people want down loadable version of the software then they can always choose multi-messengers like nimbuzz, trutapp or trillian.
Using browser based messenger is indeed convenient for those who are restricted from downloading capability or installation capability.