xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
velma

Opaque Grows A Year Older Yes, Boys and Girls It is OpaQues Birthday

Happy Birthday OpaQue. Hopefully you take a break and relax or have a party :) Make sure you invite me if you do.Story Time: A long time ago, there was a planet known by some but was held a secret to most. It held data and provided services only to few at a low cost. There was little asked in return. The services ranged from web hosting to customer support and even offered the exchange of people's of ideas and opinions and the sharing of knowledge. This planet was known as Xisto. The planet had been divided into countries united as one. Xisto was where the population discussed their opinion and shared knowledge in return for web hosting. Xisto - Web Hosting was for those towards the upper class, of mansions and wealth where services were offered in return for money. This planet's life was relatively short lived as it was tragically destroyed by an asteroid when it collided and caused complete and utter destruction of the planet. Only one person managed to escape the mayhem, and it was a new born baby who hid within one of the servers. After wandering through space for a long time his server landed on Earth where he learned to adapt. As he grew up, OpaQue (the newborn) slowly began to remember the planet Xisto of his past and wished to recreate it's services and community but with unification and better quality. Thus, Xisto was born with it's sub sites similar to the countries of the planet. OpaQue worked day and night programming his way to make the site better and better to keep Xisto and it's services the best on the web.

Happy Birthday Opaque!I know geeks like you hardly find time to celebrate good things in life. If we at Xisto don't do it you may spend the whole day without noticing it. It probably won't mean a thing but I just wanna say Happy Birthday!

it's already early hours of december 2 on my side of the globe, but it's still december 1 on other parts of the map... hence it's still your birthday. :) LOLZ hope you have (had) a FUN and HAPPY birthday. :)

deep in space and thought, there lived a man. he wasn't an ordinary man. in fact, "man" is an understatement. there lived a god. most people know him as opaque. he prefers this name so attention isn't drawn upon him. nobody knows where he came from. it's a question that has been asked and debated for centuries. he was here before anyone had a conscience thought. he was here to debate life and his suroundings. but he got bored one day. one can only think so much alone. one day he got a bright idea. he didn't want to be alone anymore in the universe so he decided to create the world, create man, and trap them all in this little world called Xisto with no escape. he didn't want to be lonely anymore, and to this day and for eternity, i doubt he ever will. most know him as opaque, the truth is, this man is god and his existance is a mystery to this day. i have to question if december 1st is really his birthday. how can 1 ever verify this if nobody was ever around to witness it? i think he made it up along with his age. he has uttered softly a couple times in his sleep that he is over 4 1/2 billion years old. that's as old as the dirt lay on the earth. i believe he is older than that however. it doesn't show though, as opaque hasn't aged....ever! he has lived before us all and will never die. our children will be traped here and our childrens children. all part of god's plan to never be lonely again.happy birthday opaque....errrrr GOD.....if it's really your birthday! all your secrets are safe with me! <wink> :)

Long time ago a child named opaque was born in a manger in the corner of the datacenter. Same as christ, there were also three wishmen offering him three wonderful gifts and these were W, W and W.

These were interpreted as Whatever, whatever, whatever.

anyway, happy birthday!!

hope your wish be grantad.

Happy Birthday Opaque!

STORY:

One day, a long-long time ago, in a datacentre far-far away. A child was born. Back then, internet hosting was very expensive and was lead by a single organization who owned the web hosting monopoly. When the child\'s own website got taken down because he didn\'t pay the monthly bill of $99.99, he decided to take down the corporation once and for all.

He devised a plan, a plan which included 17 traps. He laid the traps carefully, one by one and soon, all the 17Traps were in place. The corporation eventually fell after being led into one trap after the other. But soon, the corporation regained its former glory and destroyed the 17 traps.

The child, now no-longer a child. Had a child, which he named -Shree-. He gave Shree a legacy. To take down the corporations which oversell, and overprice webhosting once and for all! With the creation of Xisto (In honour of the 17 Traps), Shree is on the path to WORLD webhosting DOMINATION!

Oooh I like that story. Very creative, well done :) I couldn't have done better myself without thinking for a very, very long time. Congratulations ^^

Happy birthday OpaQue! Keep making this place the best internet forum where you can get free hosting!

Here's my story on how OpaQue was born:

Long, long time ago when the Internet was never born a newborn child's cry could be heard from miles. It was very unusual as a star was shining just above the place where he was born. Then 17 mysterious men showed up, every one of them carrying a trap, and put them around the house to defend the little child from evil people, people who knew the future and didn't want the change that would happen with OpaQue's arrival. Too bad they didn't know of the traps that the good men placed and captured every single one of the bad ones and they were DED.

In honour of this OpaQue made a website which would honor the 17 traps that saved him from certain death, and he named it, ofcourse, Xisto.com.

Because OpaQue was a good man, and we all know how good men need to change the way we live, he installed a IP Board discussion software in the forum subdirectory of his site. He had a glorious plan, a plan that will unite all of Linux geeks and all of the other people who wanted free soft... eh.. hosting and don't want to pay a dime... The rest? The rest is history. :)
Edited by miladinoski (see edit history)

Thank you all for best of the best WISHES and making me feeeeel so special :) I m sorry to show up soo late but this time... but I was waiting but I got wayy too desperate with the forum upgrade. I give special thanks to Velma for supporting me while I was busy with forum upgrade and taking charge of my big work load off Xisto - Web Hosting.

Phew! The Year just went by.... all I can say. I m learning a lot and big thanks to all members making this community possible.

@xpress : ROFL..

@Saint_Michael : Thanks for the Cake ^^

@csp4.0: "a long-long time ago, in a datacentre far-far away" hahaha...

@pyost : Bows down... OpaQue's ProgrammeR! thank you for v1. I m now looking for v2.. master!

@Plenoptic : I'm gonna use your story for the new star-XI-Craft RTS game..*kidding*

@anwiii : *thanks* *hugs* Swami Vivekananda quotes.. "The moment I have realized God sitting in the temple of every human body, the moment I stand in reverence before every human being and see God in him - that moment I am free from bondage, everything that binds vanishes, and I am free. "

@miladinoski : Thank you ^^

Obviously you didn't relax as much as you should have with the forum upgrade and all... :) Hope you had a good one, ya old fart. :) pyost: I LOL'd.