xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lucky3

What Is A Really Good Wmv And Avi To Dvd Converter?

hello,i have many movies in avi format and some small clips in wmv format which i would like to convert to dvd format.can anyone please comment on what is a really good converter i can get for free? thanks a bunchAlso, can you guys also tell me what are the best dvd formats that are supported by nero and or nero express?thank you :)

You might find yourself having a pretty hard time getting a free one. I know in terms of paid software Roxio DVD creator is good for this and Nero Vision isn't bad either so maybe you could find a 30 day trial somewhere. Try heading over to download.com to see if they have what you are looking for.

I've used a fair few converters (ones like cucusoft and so on) with varied results and like the above poster I'd recommend Convert X to DVD, I've not had any encoding problems and its quite speedy depending on your PC specs

I would advise Magic Video Converter, it can convert anything to DVD and many other formats. It is also very cheap so you would not have to pay to much for it. I think it offers a free trial as well.

If you're searching for a free alternative to convert and burn DVD movies from video files, there's a good tool for it called DVD flick.http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ free and can convert different files to DVD, but it usually takes some time to do it, depends on the computer specifications.It is using ImgBurn to burn the converted files, but I personally don't check the checkbox to burn, I convert the files and later burn the DVD with ImgBurn myself. :)So it's really a good tool for FREE.

actually this is a question for many peoples, finding a good converter is a hard workd because the huge number of convertors available on the market or even now with huge number of free ones too, by the way the main problems of these converters are : 1. time : the time it takes to convert your clips to dvd format, i have seen many useless converters are only able to use one core of your cpu so they will not do the job in a small amount of time because they are only using half or 1/4 of your PC cpu power for converting the clips and it takes twice or 4th time more to convert compared to convertors able to use all cores at the same time. 2. quality: in many converters you will have serious quality problems, when i say quality i don't mean a little quality drop, i mean serious problems like getting black and white or jumpy result in the video stream. 3.synchronization : most of the times convertors ruin the result with a sound unsynchronized to video and this is a bad problem too. these are the main problems i have faced with many convertors during the years, so a good convertor should be able to do a convetion without any of those above problems.ConvertXtoDVD : probabley the most popular one when you want to convert anything to DVD, it is fast and uses all cores but sometimes crashes on my system without any reason. quality is good but the unsynchronized sound problem sometimes happens for me when i'm using mp4 format but in these times i use jet audio to convert my file first to another format like avi and then i use convert x to dvd for converting it to dvd, the problem that annoys me when i use this software is that the resulted dvd sometimes doesn't recognized by dvd player, this happens only on some old dvd players but anyway this is really annoying and i have lost many dvds using this converter, anyway this is the best one i've tried so far but it has its own problems and is not a perfect software.Nero : i think many peoples have used Nero for burning their DVDs, this software in its newer versions gives you the ability to convert your files to be playable in dvd players but the problem is that it is too slow, when compared to convert x to dvd it takes me 3 times more to convert a movie from avi to dvd using this software but i have never faced the unrecognizable dvd problem when i've used nero for converting my files and it is a big plus for this software. this software is a little expensive and if you want to use imgburn for burning your dvds (which i found to be more reliable for burning cheap dvds) then buying this software only for converting your files is not recommended. but if you arusing this software for burning then test its conveting ability too.these are those two softwares that i remember i've sed for doing the job, currently most of dvd players are compatible with .avi and .divx formats so barely i convert anything for viewing in the dvd player. there is also a software called "super video converter" from "erightsoft" which is free, you can try it also, it is getting updated regualrly ,i have never tested it but my friends have used it and they say it is a complete fast and reliable converter which only does the converting and for burning you should use another software, so you can convert your files using super video converter and burn them using "imgburn".