xisto Community
Spyda

Making Mycent Transferable

you know, reading all these posts of mycents, even more so with Saint's posting of profit loss.I feel as the mycents is a great thing, but it does have a double edge to it also. that being profit loss. But if the powers that be would also do something in the way of a reffel. I know cant spell. where if a member sent them a new member. like say I got say 5 members to join then I would get say 10 USD in credits. Kinda like chain so to say.

profit/loss really isn't an issue now since it will take some time to see if the new system is better....also waiting for the full changes to be implimented....some may be trial and error. the profit loss to Xisto - Web Hosting is true but can't say that is true for xisto which mycents is directly transfered to for credit.

i see profit and loss a little different though. the loss will be with the domain names but it will even out with the hosting in the long run i believe(have to wait and see for that.

because everyone has to wait and see, i thought it was pretty gutsy with the changes because these aren't small changes and changes can make and break a company very easily. as buffalo help stated so truthfully, people are not very adaptable to change. i respect the idea behind the changes and i love the fact that a domain name is alot easier to get now with the new system. reason why i say they will make up for it with hosting is that hosting has somewhat when you consider all the individualized options. hasn't risen that much but just enough to make up for the domain names. but even if someone just posts 3-4 times a week for a year, the balance that mycents doesn't pay for is CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP. the cheapest you'll find. that's a FACT :)

what did this have to do with making mycents trasferable? absolutely nothing...but just responding to the profit/loss statements made.

again, i am against it. i feel people will try and take advantage of people just to get hosted and i wouldn't want trap....and now Xisto - Web Hosting's name get involved with any scammers out there. this is a different credit system than before and it's not needed. this place isn't paypal so if someone needs a few cents, ask someone to send it to your paypal account....and guess what??? Xisto - Web Hosting(unless they changed) supports paypal payments! :)

you know, reading all these posts of mycents, even more so with Saint's posting of profit loss.

- People making new accounts to spam and get lots of myCENTS. Before they can get banned, they would transfer all those myCENTS to their normal account.

yeah that is probably the biggest problem. i was thinking that as well. but i mean are people really that desperate for hosting! i use Xisto mainly for the forums. i don't really use the hosting. A. its really complicated (for me at least :) ).

what i say is if you need mycents - earn them! just post on the forums! if your going to spend your time proving yourself worthy by posting weird posts to earn mycents you might as well just spend that time posting normally on the forums.

the credit giveaways were pretty fun but as more and more members join more of them are going to be here just for hosting and will do whatever they can to get there hands on mycents.

profit/loss really isn't an issue now since it will take some time to see if the new system is better....also waiting for the full changes to be implimented....some may be trial and error. the profit loss to Xisto - Web Hosting is true but can't say that is true for xisto which mycents is directly transfered to for credit.
i see profit and loss a little different though. the loss will be with the domain names but it will even out with the hosting in the long run i believe(have to wait and see for that.

because everyone has to wait and see, i thought it was pretty gutsy with the changes because these aren't small changes and changes can make and break a company very easily. as buffalo help stated so truthfully, people are not very adaptable to change. i respect the idea behind the changes and i love the fact that a domain name is alot easier to get now with the new system. reason why i say they will make up for it with hosting is that hosting has somewhat when you consider all the individualized options. hasn't risen that much but just enough to make up for the domain names. but even if someone just posts 3-4 times a week for a year, the balance that mycents doesn't pay for is CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP. the cheapest you'll find. that's a FACT :)

what did this have to do with making mycents trasferable? absolutely nothing...but just responding to the profit/loss statements made.

again, i am against it. i feel people will try and take advantage of people just to get hosted and i wouldn't want trap....and now Xisto - Web Hosting's name get involved with any scammers out there. this is a different credit system than before and it's not needed. this place isn't paypal so if someone needs a few cents, ask someone to send it to your paypal account....and guess what??? Xisto - Web Hosting(unless they changed) supports paypal payments! :)

Actually you hit the big factor about MyCent's and profit loss and that being the domains, in a discussion with OpaQue about it was brought up capping how many domains a person can buy (I suggested 2-3) with MyCents and of coursing increasing the price tag of the domains as well. As to where the increase will happen I would say that it would happen for both, but I think the increase for domains might be a bit larger to cover some of the costs and of course that price increase is going to be the wild card as well once it kicks in.

As for hosting you are correct again anwii and that the hosting will take awhile to see what kind of impact it has on the profit loss but I can tell you already that it would put most small hosting companies out of business. As for the number of people right now under the new system I put it around 100-200 on both sites and so it is not many but everyone has order a different hosting package and so that is the other wild card as well. Of course, some people have mentioned that they would want to get a reseller account and to be quite honest I think it is in bad taste to get it through MyCent, sure you get nothing but profits but your taking a nice large chunk of space for it. Ao if you plan to do a reseller account at the beginning I would say use some of your MyCent's to help cover the costs but once your start making a profit that covers the costs then it would be good idea to switch to cash payments and that is my opinion on that.