xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
WhySoSerious

Warcraft 4 Confirmed?

Warcraft 4 is confirmed as a project Blizzard are developing however apparent to be announced next spring. The release date is estimated around fall 2010, but it does sound reasonable since the time of developing but Blizzard had started developing since the release of World of Warcraft so that's 5 and half years of making.I'm not 100% sure if all the talk going around about this is true but it seems convincing.

I think blizzard is trying to bite off more than it can chew... Within this past year they have announced sequels/expansions for every single one of their series except Warcraft, and now they are planning a sequel to that? Warcraft was the game that really got them off the ground at first so it does make sense that they want to push the series but I think they are promising too much. I'll be surprised if both Starcraft II and Diablo III are released on the promised date in blizzard's initial announcement.

I see Blizzard is doing the right thing in planning the future direction on where will Warcraft be heading. galexcd, assuming you dont know Blizzard trend. Their initial announcement for the release date is just placeholder and 80% of the time, they will just postpone the release date if they found that the game isnt in a very good shape.

galexcd, assuming you dont know Blizzard trend. Their initial announcement for the release date is just placeholder and 80% of the time, they will just postpone the release date if they found that the game isnt in a very good shape.

I suppose so but I've never seen blizzard working on 4 major games at once and announcing them all to the public. I feel a bit overwhelmed. I don't know which game to be excited for, and as a result I may only end up buying one of them.

True, i do have the same feeling but as years goes by, Blizzard expanded their work force on every game ranging from Starcraft to World of Warcraft. Every department for each game have a dedicated group of people working on the game that will able Blizzard to come out 2 games at once.As they build the franchise, they have resources that can be reused and that saved them time in rebuilding certain element may it be in character design, environment design or game mechanics.If you may not know, when Blizzard first started its game development, it have 9 canceled games in the list, including the near dead Startcraft Ghost.

Hope they make a great map editor so we can have DotA on a new engine :D

Honestly I hope to god DoTa will not go over to Warcraft 4 if and or when it comes out cause to be honest with you I see way to many of those stupid games being played and hosted and leaving the rest of the warcraft III custom games in the dust making them seem completely worthless. DoTa will be the downfall of most Warcraft iii players.

DoTa while fun, is a watered down RPG, I hope to God it doesn't pass over to WC4, so that other games such as footies (not ultimate) and TD's can emerge, id even like more maze games then Dota...

Wow Warcraft 4! I've always loved Warcraft as it's enjoyable with/without cheats enabled! :( It's a great achievement for Blizzard that they've managed to keep the interest alive in the games even after so many years. Will the story continue from Warcraft 3 or will some story elements be taken from WoW? I know that at the end of Warcraf 3:Frozen Throne Arthus becomes the Lich King and then this continues in WoW. So this new game continues from.....where?!

I didn't like Warcraft III as much as Warcraft II, not that it was a bad game, it was just going in a direction I didn't like (Heros for example). Regardless of that, Warcraft is one of my favourite franchises and I look forward to a Warcraft 4. I've (very) sadly never had the chance to play WoW because my internet is too slow to run it enjoyably and it's all multiplayer, so I sure hope it doesn't continue any story in that. Blizzard has always been one of my favourite game companies, they were the first one that really stood out to me and I've supported them by buying their games ever since. I REALLY need a new computer, I haven't played any new games for years :(

The first Warcraft game I ever played was Warcraft III and I really didn't feel lost by not playing the previous two games. So I guess the fourth one will be just the same - new story but not heavily depending on the old ones. Let's wait and see.

One of my dreams is to play WoW at least once! :( I do jhave the computer config to play it but don't have a fast connection to support it. With the good there is always the bad!

The first Warcraft game I ever played was Warcraft III and I really didn't feel lost by not playing the previous two games. So I guess the fourth one will be just the same - new story but not heavily depending on the old ones. Let's wait and see.

One of my dreams is to play WoW at least once! :( I do jhave the computer config to play it but don't have a fast connection to support it. With the good there is always the bad!

Assuming that your not fast internet connection means you are still using dial up. I started playing WoW with 512kbps connection and later upgraded to 20mbps. There is a 10 days trial for WoW that you can give it a shot.

DOTA will surely get into Warcraft 4 since DOTA made a new standard to RTS games which allow other developers to come out games like Battleforge, Demigod.. etc

Assuming that your not fast internet connection means you are still using dial up. I started playing WoW with 512kbps connection and later upgraded to 20mbps. There is a 10 days trial for WoW that you can give it a shot.

No I'm on a 2mbps connection but still have problems connecting to the server so I gave up....I thought the free trial was for 15 days? They make cutbacks in that too?!

And anyway I better not start playing coz if I catch the addiction it would be dangerous as I simply can't pay to play!