xisto Community
Ruben

Are You Afraid Of Dying?

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

dying must be great not having to deal with this stupid world

Don't think of it that way! The world has many wonders, and just as much worries, but hey, we all have good in life. :)

I am not afraid of dying in accidents. I am afraid of dying in gun shoot outs, knife fights, being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Also dying naturally. I like earth! I do beleive in god, but I am not sure if I'll like heaven, you know?I mean here I've got friends and family, cars(my life) and baseball. Those are things that I couldn't live or die without. But overall I am afraid of dying, and everytime I am alone and my mind wanders to it, I get very, very sad.

a very good question indeed. Simply put No I am not a bit afraid of it. been there. As some of you know I have spinal bifidaA day after my birth I was in the operating room to put what they call a shunt into my head to stop pressuer on my brain. well I died for a total of 3 mins. Sorry fokes I was too young to memeber of a white light or anything like that. but I will say this here and now. No I am not scared of dying. Fact I kind of welcome it. I look at it this way. going on a trip to see old family and friends that I haven seen in a long time. I have always felt there three stages in a person, before birth when your already in that place we all go. then here on earth. then we "die" and go back to there, and start the cycle all over again. Nice way to look at it I think. but we dont really know until it happends.

But if we don't know its happened and its just a big cycle, wouldn't we remember?
Maybe when we dye we have a choice to go back and live life again or go to heaven. Those who go back get special abilities like clairboyance and stuff, so as not to make heaven so crowded. Also if you want to go back to earth at any time and live again you can. At least thats what I think. But I really don't know.

i'm not really afraid of dying. everyone dies at one stage. i just want to live a long healthy life and die a peaceful death. i don't want to be murdured or something horrible like that! i'm more scared of the dying process. its probably not going to be an enjoyable moment but once you die if your christian you go to heaven so i'm not afraid of going to hell. so basically i'm pretty much not scared of dying. i wish i could live forever but i can't so why should i be afraid?

I am afraid of dying but I dont' fear death.If that didnt make sense to you let me clarify. I have led a very happy life with occasional troubles that everyone faces at some point of their lives. I am in love and care deeply about a number of people in my life. I am quite concerned about how they will deal with my departure. I have dealt with personal loss and understand that sooner or later everyone will move on but just the thought of them going through grief makes me despise death. Besides I still believe I want to do a number of things before i finally pass on including obtaining certain moderate accolades that I have set for myself. I know I am quite selfish in all my reasons but that is how I am.:)So I am not worried if death will be painful or it will come to me anytime soon. I just feel life is so much more wonderful....:)

Afraid of dying? Yes. Most people I know are, as am I. Dying means everything you attained, everything you worked for, everyone you love will be parted from you. All you will have are memories[if there is such thing as life after death, something I highly doubt but I do hope for] and emotional baggage.

Well... I am afraid of dying, but not because I would experience a painful death or something, but because I don't like my parents or family to be sad because of my death, I don't want to make them grief for me in any way. I love them and I don't want to cause them pain (who would want, right?).

Death makes me freaky, I won't write anything more about it.

Is anyone here not afraid of dying? I'm very interested to see.

I am! I like living. :)

I am entirely not afraid of death but I love living. What I think is when we were born GOD almighty has decided the time of our death in advance. So what we should do is to live life in full. That is to say a big life not a long one. It may be forty years but better than living 100 years of life with 30 percent of it totally sick. So I would like mine to be a big life. A life helping others, serving people in need. As much as I can. 

Well i'm not afraid of dying/death or whatever you guys call that. I don't keep myself in almighty delusion, thats why i set myself realistic goals and it keeps life goals more productive than delusional. So far, My goals in life are completed as per my expectations (Well almost :) ) . So i've one thing in my favor, i have nothing to loose, nothing to regret for in life so why i need to afraid of death ? :)

Death doesn't really frighten me. Things die, it's part of life. I'm a Christian, so I believe in the persistence of the soul after death, but I also acknowledge the possibility of that being false. If it turns out to be false, I won't care, seeing as I'll be dead. :) If it's true, however, it's something to look forward to, so I focus on the possibility of encountering loved ones again rather than dwell on the futility of life itself. I'm not THAT emo. :)

Wow! How cool it is to see all this opinions. At some times when I think of what others have said, I think that maybe I'm not afraid. Now, overall, I still am, but you guys drive a good point. :) Thanks for replying everyone!

I wouldn't say that I'm afraid of dyaing, but its just the sadness that gets me uncomfortable. There are so many things you can think of that could possibly happen in the near future, but you won't live to that day. Just think about it... generation after generation, your family will start to forget about you, and pretty soon, you won't even know they existed. Thats what gets me uneasy.Just remember, when you start to die of old age, in the hospital, in your last and final days, you think back to your childhood, all your friends, your past. Your mom, your grandparents, great-grand parents, aunts, uncles, brothers and sisters that may be dead or still barely living. You wonder, will I ever see them again?

Edited by harrison858 (see edit history)

Yes, i am afraid to die, and i know that sooner or later i will die eventually but, who know the future, perhaps a cure for "death" will be invented, not a cure for the death itself but, a cure for all the deceases, for the aging i mean, and that would be amazing at least to me, i want to live forever.I am not actually thinking of death usually nor feeling afraid to die normally, but when i do think, i start to feel afradi of loosing the ablity to be with the ones i love and to do many things that i still want to do, and the main fear i have is to suffer before i die, that i do not want for me, i want a peacefull death, without suffering of any kind, but i do want to be concious and close to my wife and sons.