xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Evolke

Fire Action Plan Do you have one?

Poll  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Its somthing that I've always heard about, and been told about especially at the begining of every summer. But in past years it hasn't actually sunk in, that my family does not have a fire action plan. In past years it hasn't really worried me, as I've just though if theres a fire get out of the house but lately I've been really worried about the possiblity of a fire. If the fire were to come at night, I would have no idea what to do. Out pets usually sleep in the house at night so I'd have to search for them, then theres those really close personal belonging. I know, I know they say when there is a fire forget personal possessions, but if Im in my room I might aswell grab my favourite teddies and my scrap book... and maybe my pictures.. and my favourite three dresses.. and possible my Ralph Lauren Perfume.. or maybe I'd stop after the teddy.. :lol:

So Im just wondreing.. How many of you actually have a Fire Action Plan?

Feel free to post any of your own fire hazard worries/experiences.

Edited by Evolke (see edit history)

When im bored, I often think about what I would do in obscure situations, like fires blocking lots of different places. So I have worked out what I would do in a fire situation, yet I dont have a written fire action plan.

I don't have a plan either, but we have fire extinguisher and thats supposed to help to get out if the door out is on fire, right? RIGHT?! Oh I'm doomed! :lol: Anyways it would beeasy for me, we don't have any pets at our house so I'll just have to wake up my family and get out. I might grab my money savings from the closet if possible.

I don't have a plan, but I can see how one would be useful. I think if I had no time to think about it, I'd grab my laptop :lol: Big TV's are hard to carry out of a burning apartment sadly ^_^

Big TV's are hard to carry out of a burning apartment sadly ^_^

LOL! Definately!
I tried to list five things I would take out of our house if it were buring once (sometime ago).

I picked my teddy named Grand-dad as I've had him since I was a baby. He was basically the first teddy I ever had.
My picture of my Nana holding me because it was the first time she held me as a child.
My budha statue- just because it means alot to me.

I can't actually remember the rest. But it was really difficult for me to pick only five things. I wanted to change it to ten just so I could do it, but I thought that would be cheating :lol: What made it even more difficult was the fact I felt guilty if I took one of my teddies and not the others. I've always been fond of my few teddies. I remember when I was little I used to put all of them (like fifty+) in my bed with me at night because I felt guilty if I favoured one and cuddled only one. LOL. A little off topic..

Though thats probably why they say just to get out of the house and not take anything. Because otherwise you'll end up trying to carry everything, you'll end up dropping alot of it and the house would probabl collapse on you!

Me not having a plan? That would be like a hurricane not having any wind or rain. Yes I have a fire action and evac plan for my home and also work. I also have a plan for any other disaster that may come alone such as flood EarthQuake Tornado and of course a hurricane. I feel as every person on earth should have a plan for this. I think most people here know me by now, Mr be Prepeard :D They are very easy to come up with. Most local and state goverments provide a list of what you need. as well as the American Red Cross.

I was about to do some editing of my site when I happend across this http://www.ready.gov and thought that I would post it here 1st knowing of this thread, and what a help it could be to everyone here in Xisto

Pfffttt. Who need a fire plan? Just make sure your insurance is paid for and all those ir-replaceables are locked in a fire-proof safe. Good to go.