xisto Community
harrison858

Windows 7 Microsoft Windows 7

Title: Windows 7
Sources: Yahoo! Tech- News
Article: https://www.yahoo.com/tech/

Windows 7 will be much like Vista, and have improved features.
Microsoft wants to improve the speed it takes to start up and shut down. They also want to address some issues that make the performance time slower. In Windows 7, they want to make it easier to access features. It will also be a solution for compatibility issues.

Microsoft wants it to be released within 3 years, but the CEO wants it to be released as soon as next year.

Seems a little too soon to release another Operating system, dont you think?

Honestly said: *edit* Windows. I don't care about it at all. You'll ask: "But why are you replying to this thread?" and I will reply to them:?Because I want to say that I don't care about that *edit* operating system which has caused me many, many headaches and I was lucky enough to learn about UNIX and switch to it (Linux more specifically but I can't say I hate Apple's Mac or BSD or Solaris. As long as it's Unix based, I'll run it.)

Notice from jlhaslip:
Even though the Word Censor converts the words, refrain from using this language on the Forum.The Forum caters to all ages groups, and postings should be 'clean'.

Yeah I really hope they do not add yet another Operating system. I mean Vista is fairly new, and I don't think many people will like having to upgrade to something else yet again. Plus, half of my computers at home do not even use Vista, they still use XP. It's way too soon, and by the looks of things I think this will become another disaster in the making.

Yeah I really hope they do not add yet another Operating system. I mean Vista is fairly new, and I don't think many people will like having to upgrade to something else yet again. Plus, half of my computers at home do not even use Vista, they still use XP. It's way too soon, and by the looks of things I think this will become another disaster in the making.

Yep, I agree. And its pointless if they want to make it so soon, because it would probably be rushed, and it wont have much of a difference from Vista.

OMG~!! I can't wait until Windows 7 comes out~!! Microsoft is stopping the shipping of Windows XP early next year..... So everyone will be switching to Vista. I was furious~!! Windows 7 better be good. Less need for RAM, less lag, etc. maybe they will somehow make it so graphics take up less RAM.... It's SO SLOW~!! I bet lots of people will boycott Microsoft if Windows 7 is bad..

Microsoft is stopping the shipping of Windows XP early next year..... So everyone will be switching to Vista.

They already stopped shipping XP, and most people are still using it. Plus, why go and buy Vista when you can get something better for free? I think Microsoft is finally realising that open source operating systems are a threat to their business and Microsoft have some serious catching up to do.

I was furious~!! Windows 7 better be good. Less need for RAM, less lag, etc. maybe they will somehow make it so graphics take up less RAM.... It's SO SLOW~!! I bet lots of people will boycott Microsoft if Windows 7 is bad..

Beryl/Compiz provide all the fancy effects on very minimal hardware. Apple also manage some fancy effects on lesser hardware than that required to run Vista on the defaults. Personally, I'm not that bothered. I want it to look nice, but I don't need my windows to explode in a fireball when I close them :)

Hmmm made another operating system already? They should make it open source to be honest because there are loads of operating system out there such as linux ubuntu who might be more popular than microsoft. To be frank I dont buy microsoft products anyway waste of money I just download them but thats all im going to say.

After vista launched, i didnt like vista, bcoz have much problem such as compatibility, operate slower than previous windows. No need to say more, vista is a hardware killer.Am i right ?For me , windows 7 just a second edition of vistabcoz windows 7 yet didnt launched, i just say wat i knew.terrible hardware killer, especially memory, mayb minimum 4GB.using vista core, doesnt improve much. juz pretty than b4.so, that why i using Windows xp now.which OS do you using now ?

After vista launched, i didnt like vista, bcoz have much problem such as compatibility, operate slower than previous windows. No need to say more, vista is a hardware killer.Am i right ?
For me , windows 7 just a second edition of vista
bcoz windows 7 yet didnt launched, i just say wat i knew.

terrible hardware killer, especially memory, mayb minimum 4GB.
using vista core, doesnt improve much. juz pretty than b4.

so, that why i using Windows xp now.

which OS do you using now ?

I am using Windows vista. If im honest I find that my pc is running quite well with vista. I may migrate to windows 7 if its any good that is though.

Windows 7 seems to be a faster vista with some extra features. I'm sure they've optimized some parts of the OS, I'm just hoping that it won't require more resources.

Windows 7 seems to be a faster vista with some extra features. I'm sure they've optimized some parts of the OS, I'm just hoping that it won't require more resources.

Yes, you are right. As per many sources..Windows 7 will use less RAM and other resources compared to Vista. It will also include many latest microsoft applications like Windows Media Player 12, Windows Media Center and Latest Microsoft Paint(not the traditional paint, its all new version of paint). And also, it will come with a new user interface scenic(it is codename). Hope Windows 7 will meet all our expectations. Lets just wait and see.... :)

Less-annoying UAC? (We'll probably end up shutting it off regardless of how "less-annoying" it is.) A similar code foundation to Vista, which is still having compatibility issues as of today? (That should go well. :) ) As much as I'll love bashing this pre-emptively, I wouldn't mind having a look.Windows 7 is also supposed to re-introduce cloud computing, a concept based on running programs off of main servers, preventing the requirement of installing programs locally onto your machine. Basically, Microsoft wants to copy Google with online productivity capability and will be introducing an online way of creating and editing documents via the Internet without having to install Office onto your computer. Google Docs isn't getting a heck of a lot of kudos just yet, but I think there will be more use of this sort of concept when it becomes more mainstream and when more people realize what Google Docs is. :P I'm not holding my breath on this one. Then again, Microsoft is trying to sway us that have been tainted with the "power" of the Vista experience and realize something that may possibly be... dare I say better?

I think they've accepted that Vista was a let-down in terms of commercial success. Also , with XP going out of date next year they need more than one OS to choose from , especially as Vista is the worst publicly recieved OS ever , or they risk losing customers to Mac's or Unix Operating systems. I'm running a vista Laptop atm , although I think my next computer will be a Macbook , due to howmuch everybody raves about it :)

Microsoft is jumping through Stargates with the Iris closed... :lol: (I just wanted to say that)Anyway...Vista is new... In fact I have barely used it yet! I mean, XP was probably the best operating system out there...Some people say that Vista is basically XP with extra eye candy, but I say no... I say Vista is a piece of overpriced, typical, "next-gen" operating system, with supposedly "new features" and "astonishing performance"...Windows 7 will probably be a let-down... Microsoft should focus less pm eye candy and focus more on proper coding, and not over work already 60-hour-a-week coders... Windows 7 should come built-in with protection to MOST virusses and should also have a firewall which doesn't conflict with most commerical 3rd-party firewalls...It should also come with a very simple GUI and not something which will take 1 minute just to figure out where something is and how to change it... Windows 7 WILL be a let-down... Don't count on Microsoft making anything decent with its over-worked coders... ^_^ *sigh*