xisto Community
encryptedwrath

Google Chrome The new web browser from google

Google Chrome is buid to be fast and reliable, this includes a fast start up and launch, fast loading of web content, html, css and javascript etc, and a fast search of internet based content and information

It might be "build to be fast", but it's certainly not the fastest. Ok, it has a very fast Javascript engine, various preloading techniques, intelligently renders not completely downloaded content, but if you try it on older generation machines with limited amount of RAM (and by limited, I mean 1GB), after few open tabs you will notice that your computer starts to swap like mad. Currently I have Firefox open with 37 tabs and task manager shows ~700MB usage. When I try the same with Chrome, it uses more than 1.2GB of memory and becomes unresponsive.

If you use few open tabs, then it is OK, but under heavy load, it is not the browser of choice.

Yes, I know that Firefox is slower to startup with few tabs than Google Chrome, that is why it is good to have an alternative.

i use both firefox and chrome both have their pluses and minuses firefox does not allow some add ons to work and chrome is a bit slow to load but quickings when it has loaded though i perfer firefox if i want to visit a website but perfer chrome when i want to watch a youtube video.

I like Google Chrome and I design most of my webpages around it. Most of the stuff that work in Chrome work also on Firefox.I like the Tools that it offers specially when it comes to view source and inspecting page element.