xisto Community
encryptedwrath

Google Chrome The new web browser from google

Google Chrome is a new browser from google. The design is sleek , everything loads really quickly and everything is functional.

At Google, we spend much of our time working inside a browser. Like all of you, we search, shop, bank, read news and keep in touch with friends - all using a browser. People are spending an increasing amount of time online, and they're doing things never imagined when the web first appeared about 15 years ago.

Since we spend so much time online, we began seriously thinking about what kind of browser could exist if you started from scratch and built on the best elements out there. We realised that the web had evolved from mainly simple text pages to rich, interactive applications and that we needed to completely rethink the browser. What we really needed was not just a browser, but also a modern platform for web pages and applications, and that's what we set out to build.

So we're releasing the beta version of a new open-source browser: Google Chrome.

On the surface, we designed a browser window that is streamlined and simple. To most people, it isn't the browser that matters. It's only a tool to run the important stuff - the pages, sites and applications that make up the web. Like the classic Google homepage, Google Chrome is clean and fast. It gets out of your way and gets you where you want to go.

It is seriously good. Try it out , you won't regret it;

https://www.google.com/chrome/

I havnt seen it yet, much less used it.Im curious now and will have to give it a try.I use firefox now, I never liked it before but the newest versions have gotten much better.Thanks for the news .. whether its old or new. lol

I havnt seen it yet, much less used it.

Im curious now and will have to give it a try.

I use firefox now, I never liked it before but the newest versions have gotten much better.

Thanks for the news .. whether its old or new. lol

To be honest you are better of staying with Firefox due to the fact that Chrome is fairly insecure there are loads of people blogging about it,

I found out a bit through this article

http://www.megaleecher.net/Google_Chrome_Flaws

Sorry to repeat post but tbh this has got to be noted also the fact that anything you upload through Chrome can be used by google woth out having to pay you a penny is a bit crazy :)

Anyway thats me guys

Laters

Nope, the EULA that was in Chrome upon released has since been amended. The original EULA was basically a copy of those in the other Google products, and it was quickly remedied after users complained about it.

Some of my observations for google chrome: 1) I've noticed that Google Chrome shows "Gmail" themes but Internet Explorer 6 don't show gmail themes anymore. Internet explorer 7 and Firefox shows Gmail themes with no problem.2) Spyware which redirects to "original-search.com" website when you highlight some text on wikipedia or any other blog(How it gets embeded into chrome is still mystery to me) google needs to put that website into phishing list now.

all i know was google chrome doesn't need much memory. probably suitable for old computer or insufficient of RAMthe advantages is chrome did not provide features like other (IE, firefox)but for me, i did not think i will use it

Well Google Chrome was made in VISUAL BASIC .NET! I couldnt believe it! Such a huge company like google using a program making tool for begginers, really a shame. Then the tabs cover the stop of the bar, its so annoying and it looks very weird. Then they have a massive space for the webpage to be displayed and hardly anything to show toolbars or menu options. Also with normal Vista not SP1, it doesnt work! You need to update for using it! Google Chrome may be the worst browser yet!

Google Chrome is a good browser but there are many features that it is yet to incorporate.Firefox beats all in addon and features. While Opera is still the fastest browser.Chrome lokks are sleek and stylist but still lacks the features. Chrome is directly incorporated in the browser, that is tightly integrated to Google search.

Let me take this thread as way to share some of the chrome resources.

Download squad recently blogged about :Privacy version of Google chrome here

Check the Google Chrome Plugins and Themes here. Another useful wiki site for chrome is here. And dedicated Chrome forum is here. Please do discuss about the spyware infection and malware attaching these days to chrome on chrome forums,chances are that some bloggers/users can use those discussion as way to notify to Chrome Developers on Google-groups.

If you've links to more such chrome related resources then please share them with us.

I have used almost all the web browsers on the slow internet connection including Google Chrome and found that all the browser sucks except for the firefox and opera turbo. My browsing experience with chrome is really disappointing. Chrome is just for visiting google and its sites otherwise it sucks on slow connection, however, it has got a got user interface...in my opinion. If you have a broadband connection then only chrome is a good browser otherwise you will have to just regret.

I have been using lots of internet browsers but some of them go with Internet explorer(if you get me) and i dont like Internet Explorer and im not using it because of pop-ups,sometimes i cant open anything,and also its not really safe(my opinion)I have tried google chrom wich doesnt work with internet explorer and i like it,well not much as mozilla firefox but its very good browser

I really like this browser: It's fast, processor friendly and looks great.The new features, such as themes and extensions just add to its functionality and the developer system that works in real time is extremely useful.If you don't like your current browser, or just want to try something new, I definitely recommend giving Chrome a go.

I really like the design and also the quick searchingGoogle Chrome is one of the best browsers.

The understanding of such a statement can use a bit of explanation. Like it helps when the requirements that somebody asks from a browser are pointed out. Like speed, easy to read, sufficient options. The browser that combines the best results of those requirements could be considered the best for that user and for those needs. The best without description can mean easy to get, easy to download, light in use for the computer, fast, nice colours of the window, it can mean a lot of things. The best needs probably some kind of measuring according to set standards in order to have a meaning for other people.
Edited by inea (see edit history)