xisto Community
joeblogg

Is Having A Snake As A Pet Ridiculous?

Is having a snake as a pet ridiculous?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What sort of collar would you use when you take it for a walk? :)Nope, that would not be my first choice of pets, either.

If you like a pet that doesn't make too much noise, or take that much work to care for, a snake is a good idea. (As long as it's not venomous..)It's probably your first thought of snakes as dangerous though :)

It sure is better than all of my goldfish! :) (They are dead now... okey, it was my fault!) I would never have a snake as as pet as I would rather have a dog, cat, rabbit or something like that.

LOL @ the goldfish. Aquariums are cool, fish are preetty.Snakes are no fun, they just sit around and do nothing, you dont get to feed it very often, if they are not into playing they will bit you and it will hurt!

LOL @ the goldfish. Aquariums are cool, fish are preetty.Snakes are no fun, they just sit around and do nothing, you dont get to feed it very often, if they are not into playing they will bit you and it will hurt!

As I said, they're good if you like the company.

Sanke, as a pet? I don't like snakes. I don't know why, but I am afraid of all snakes. Even it is non poisonous also. They look very dangerous. Any other animal is better than snake, I think. In my opinion having snake as a pet is not good idea.

What sort of collar would you use when you take it for a walk? :)

LOL ... a very looong one!

My dumb-self voted yes by mistake... just shows what a long night I had last night I guess.
(At least thats the story I'm sticking with!)

I actually had a boa once, they are very cool and interesting pets, just dont confuse them with "low maintenance" because that is a wrong assumption that is made alot just because you only feed them every so often, as opposed to daily.
But temp control, inviroment etc has to be just right as well, just like with any other pet. :P

I don't think having a snake is ridiculous but it wouldn't be my first choice for a pet eirther. They are however very quite which would be good if you lived in a apartment or something. They don't need much attention eirther so they would make a good pet as long as stated above that it wasn't poisonous or some type of constrictor.

No, I don't think it is ridiculous to have a snake as a pet. However, it is not the a pet that I would choose at this time in my life. Although I did have one as a child, a Rubber Boa. Through my ignorance, it escaped and had the neighbors somewhat bothered for a while. It was indigenous to the area in which I lived; California, so I hope it survived happily on its own.

Its all about what you feel. If you have phobias to do with animals such as snakes i would reccomend not getting one but if you would like some company a snake would be a good idea aslong as it is not venomous and is safe. They can tend to be fun once you get to know them and they can be lots of fun.

How can you think that having a snake as a pet is ridiculous or even crazy joeblogg?!!!You can not judge a person if the same wants to have a snake for a pet, even if the peson wants a bear, a lion, a tiger or an extremely dangerous animal as a pet.What is ridiculous is people that, even today on the 21st century can judge someone for this, you do not have the right, and if i may say so, i consider to be ridiculous anyone that judges this, and that is my opinion.What i consider to be ridiculous and mostly crazy, is to have an animal considered dangerous as a pet, without the proper actions to secure the environment, so that the animal/pet does not harm the owner and the rest of the family.

yeah i agree with jlhaslip - taking it for a walk would be a bit of a challenge wouldn't it? :lol: i said it would be ridiculous but i mean it is up to the person. its their choice if they want a snake. i have heard of people who have snakes as pets but i'd rather stick to dogs and cats.

I would'nt say ridiculous because I know many people who have a snake as a pet. Just not my choice of a pet I do not like them and am very afraid of them even if they are not posionious. I voted no!