xisto Community
joeblogg

Is Having A Snake As A Pet Ridiculous?

Is having a snake as a pet ridiculous?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Of course it's crazy to have a snake for a pet! I have to say that you know. My livelyhood depends on it. :lol:

But seriously, we have pets for companionship and to give our lives purpose and meaning. Our pets depend on us for their very survival. Some bigger snakes eat very infrequently, there is no need for frequent interaction with feeding. A snake cannot warm your feet when you are reclining on the couch watching TV. Snakes won't fetch your slippers. You can't teach a snake tricks. Snakes cannot comunicate with humans like a dog. Not many people will want to pet your snake if you take it out for a walk. As a matter of fact, many will cross the street to avoid you if they see you walking down the sidewalk with a snake drooped over your shoulders. When you do take it out, of course, you have to carry it, as they don't keep a colar on worth a hoot. And when was the last time you saw cute costums for snakes you could dress up your snake in for Halloween and Christmas?

Get a dog!!!

Shameless plug, follow the link to my site for your very own dog!

Some of my friends have snakes as pets.They seem to get quite attachedto them.It's almost like these snakes seem to get they're own personalitiesaccording to the owners. I find that funny really.I mean,it's not like snakes are very affectionateor perform tricks. To each they're own I guess.I wouldn't want one as a pet.

I don't think it is ridiculous unless you happen to purchase poisonous ones or a giant Boa or Anaconda :), instead it is about proper education and knowing how to handle a snake because poisonous or not. If they bite or start constricting themselves around you your in a serious world of hurt because those bite are still painful and you could lose consciousness if that snake wraps itself around your throat.

Snakes as pets? Not for me. I like pets that will interact with me, play with me and love me back. I don't see how a snake can do any of those things. I have 2 cats and love them to pieces and they come to me for affection and play, they talk to me (yes really they do! and sometimes I know exactly what they're saying lol) and they comfort me if I'm feeling down. A snake can't do any of those things.

Is Having A Snake As A Pet Ridiculous? not at all. I had a Red Tip Boa for about 5 years. Gave him a mouse or 2 and he was as happy as a claim. Broke my heart when I moved to New Jersey where they do now allow boa's as pets

You can't argue tastes, and because of this I don't believe that having a pet snake is ridiculous but I wouldn't to have one at home, mainly because I'm not a responsible person (and thus it can die easily if it's only left to me - I'm talking about any pet here) and my mum doesn't like them. She says that people who have snakes as pets are weird and insane :D

So, back to the subject, I would never get a snake because I have no time to take care for it, I was planing to get a cat (and she would obviously eat the other pet :D) and I'm disgusted by their slimy skin :)

Broke my heart when I moved to New Jersey where they do now allow boa's as pets

Wait, there are different laws about animals in different states in the US?? I think that's idiotic. :)

who thinks you would have to be crazy to want to have a snake as a pet? i personally think so but how about everyone else?

Dear friends I think many a people out there are having animals as pets which are otherwise treated as horrible etc. I have met some incidents when I found people having snakes as their pets but its a least type of a condition. The number of such people are very less. But treating it crazy I think I don't agree with you my friend. As its up to the person that which type of animals attracts him or her to be kept as their pets. Isn't it what do you think.?