xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kudmus

My Teeth Are Never Clean. ...even though I brush them twice a day.

I've had a problem since I was 15. My teeth have these black things where they meet the gums. I usually brush my teeth twice a day which is more than once every two days what my brother does. Me has really clean teeth and no black spot like I do. Can someone tell me why this is so and how I can handle this without going to the dentists?

I would say you should go to a dentist, it could be an infection or gum disease which needs to be identified by the dentist. It wont be painful, he will probably just take a look and maybe a swab to send off for testing. Is it possible to scrape of the black stuff? Or is it like a stain on your teeth that you cant remove?

Yes it is possible if I use something very hard. I some times use a wire to slowly scrap the the black stuff off but I can't do this on all the teeth unless if I have more than 4 hours to this with sophisticated tools.

Like shadowx says, you should go to see a dentist. What you have sounds very much like a gum disease and if you don't get it treated it will get worse and you might wind up with infections or even losing teeth.

Hey guys. Thanks for all this but I don't understand how this can be linked with the gums. The black matter is on the teeth not necessarily near the gums only. I do have gum problems and they bleed every time I brush my teeth. I just don't understand this whole thing. Do teeth whitenners work

Your problem isn't related to teeth whitening. Like everyone has said it's most likely a gum disease. If they bleed whenever you brush you're not brushing your gum's properly. Your gum's, like your teeth need to be brushed everyday, the bleeding is from not doing that.

Thanks guys I'm going to try and change the way I brush my teeth and see what happens before I go to see the dentist. I don't think there still is any reason to rush to the dentist since I've had this problem for a decade now.

Hey guys. Thanks for all this but I don't understand how this can be linked with the gums. The black matter is on the teeth not necessarily near the gums only. I do have gum problems and they bleed every time I brush my teeth. I just don't understand this whole thing. Do teeth whitenners work

Depends on the teeth whitener but I wouldn't use them because a lot of them don't solve the problem they just cover it up. If your gums bleed every time you brush your teeth you definatly should go see a dentist.

Thanks guys I'm going to try and change the way I brush my teeth and see what happens before I go to see the dentist. I don't think there still is any reason to rush to the dentist since I've had this problem for a decade now.

Change your toothbrush and toothpaste while your at it. Have you gone to the dentist since this problem started 10 years ago? Have your gum been bleeding like that for ten years or are you just talking about the black stuff?
Edited by Running With Scissors (see edit history)

There is a prescription mouth was that works wonders for the gums but since it is terribly expensive you probably wouldn't want to use it since you don't want to spend the money on a dentist. I stock up on it when we go to Mexico, it is not too expensive buying it there. I am sure it is the only reason I still have teeth in my head, the stuff is great. My bottle is in Spanish, but it's called Bexident Encias.Another cheaper option would be to rince your mouth with hydrogen peroxide. It tastes pretty nasty, and all that foaming action will make you look like your are rabid for awhile, but it works pretty good. Tarter accumilation on the teeth is actually bacteria. That bacteria is absorbed threw your gums and enters your blood stream, and can cause many health problems. You should probably "bite the bullet" (pun intended) and just go get your teeth cleaned.

no, what the person means is that the black stuff is on top of her gums. Its a coating. If you are african american 9/10 your gums will be dark but if your white you gums are pink. You can it off or you can use an orange peelĀ  to make it come off.

-reply by shianne

My gums have been bleeding like that for more than 10 years. The black stuff problem is also equally old. I didn't want to go to see the dentist for some reason too personal for me to share. One of the major reasons is: I live in Zimbabwe where dconsulting a doctor costs five times more that I earn per month