xisto Community
daftpunk

What Do You Guys Think Of The New Mycent?

I think MYcent is a good improvement on the Credit system. I remember thinking of posting as a burden , something needed to keep my site alive , but now you earn money , and the whole forum looks a lot nicer :)

OK, except I have had a domain of my own for some 4 years now that I purchased elsewhere and have been renewing each year for $9.95/yr. My nameserver is controlled at their site. I don't wish to purchase a package here including a domain. I only need the hosting space and bandwidth. I do not use anything else, not even the e-mail boxes. My mailbox is at Yahoo. So what happens to my site?

Mich,

You should be able to continue with this set-up. Keep the nameservers pointed to Xisto like they are presently doing and set-up the same subdomain .trap17.com you are presently using as a Logic plan.

Another option is to Transfer the Domain name to Xisto Domain Management. Last time I checked, if you transfer, you will receive 1 year free on the Domain name, too.

I think MYcent is a good improvement on the Credit system. I remember thinking of posting as a burden , something needed to keep my site alive , but now you earn money , and the whole forum looks a lot nicer :)

That exactly how I feel. I liked Xisto and all but I felt like posting was boring and was just doing it because I had to to keep my free hosting. Now you get money (kinda) and I can post here at Xisto and at Xisto. Now I post because I want to not because I have to and that makes it a lot more enjoyable.

Well since I never really used my hosting account for anything much, but I still kept on posting either to learn some new stuff or tell others about what I know and to check things out. None the less, just think of the myCent's as a learning experience on how to purchase actual hosting if you were to buy it from Xisto - Web Hosting or any other hosting company.

My only mini-complaint so far is the fact that my Xisto account hasn't (or doesn't seem to have) been linked to the billing page. Admittedly, I signed up to Xisto after I had signed up to the billing page (mainly because of the fact that I'm an active poster over on Xisto, but figured that I'd might as well expand my horizons), which could be causing the problem. Any suggestions from the crowd about this?

It's not big deal, I'm not having any problems posting away at Xisto so it's not as if I need the myCENTs from here, it'd just be nice if I could have both sites contribute to my hosting. :)

Mordent, At the time of this reply, you are showing only 4 posts. I think that you need 5 posts minimum to have the myCents on your account.Make another post or 2 and maybe the following script cycle will award the MyCents to your account.

The idea of purchasing your own packages is pretty cool. It completely alleviates the feel of it being a free host, and makes it feel like you're really obtaining something.
Most free hosts for me have just been like "eh, if I lose it there's thousands of others" but Trap wasn't the same...And now with this upgrade, I have no regrets about trusting the site, :)

They certainly have a great way of keeping people active on the forums, although I think I just accidentally applied for hosting (total posts: 2). The credits system has got to be the coolest thing I've ever seen in a hosting company.

Mordent,
At the time of this reply, you are showing only 4 posts. I think that you need 5 posts minimum to have the myCents on your account.
Make another post or 2 and maybe the following script cycle will award the MyCents to your account.

Ah, thankees. :)

As for my overall opinion on the myCENT system, along with Xisto in general: they were already good; they're now awesome. I take my hat off to you folks, you never fail to provide a fantastic service.

At Mordent: You are know part of the myCent system. You have 45.34 myCents at this time. Like jlhaslip said it was because you were under 5 posts at the time.

I was talking about the Logic plan. I thought it used to be $0.99 a month, and yesterday it was $1.98 or $1.99 a month, and a bit less yearly.

It could have been, I don't remember but it still a really good deal for us. Eirther way its free we just have to post a bit more. 2 dollars a month is easy to do.

It could have been, I don't remember but it still a really good deal for us. Eirther way its free we just have to post a bit more. 2 dollars a month is easy to do.

I think that it changed too...... But "$2.48 + options you want / month" is not that hard.... I get about 50 cents a day.

I was talking about the Logic plan. I thought it used to be $0.99 a month, and yesterday it was $1.98 or $1.99 a month, and a bit less yearly.

initially there were zero mysql and 1 parked domain allotted for the basic logic plan; now however, it comes with 1 mysql and 5 parked domains.

initially there were zero mysql and 1 parked domain allotted for the basic logic plan; now however, it comes with 1 mysql and 5 parked domains.

Well I'm glad they changed that because it would have sucked having to buy the 5 mysql package even though you only need one. When was this changed because I don't remember it ever being that way but then again I only learned about myCent and Xisto - Support a week ago when they announced it on Xisto before I had a account here.