xisto Community
veerumits

Which Is Faster Today Java Or Php Or .net Technology

which is faster today Java or PHP or .net technologyas i see PHP is more faster then other and it fullfill all requirement of client to web development application.and learning is also easy more or less all logic are same in languages so you can use any language as you feel easy. but see aslo market value before going to change place.what all you say about this most welcome.

Im a PHP developer, so i say PHP is fast on the whole, Java requires a an applet to load which could take 1 second or 30 seconds depending on the user's computer speed. .net is (i think?) powered by and run on a windows based system. PHP can be run on a linux system (which is what i prefer when choosing hosting) If you consider that (i think) EVERY linux distro/server IS faster than a comparable windows system it seems that PHP, hosted on a linux server would be the fastest.Thats just what i think though!

Php is not fastest then java or .net, the problem is that if your website has an java applet to load, and if you have a computer that has not the java plugin and if it is slow in terms of cpu and if it has not many memory, then you can see the main problems, and with php, you need the cpu and the memory to load the browser of course but, the actual php script runs in the server side, not in the client side.Concerning the .net, i can say much words aout it, and i guess the lack of words says it all!

your idea is theoritically fulfill but practically as i see in our life that PHP is faster due to powerful engine used for interpreting page. most of the technique are merged in PHP most code are run on server and and client get fast there due to PCRE technique. validation code is also easy once you remember all sysmbols used in it. but in java script case it depends on browser to browser so take take time to load. or popup bloacker block it. there is no applet type problem just make file and load on server it give responce very fast.
your idea is most welcome i am very thankfull to your greate idea.

Php is not fastest then java or .net, the problem is that if your website has an java applet to load, and if you have a computer that has not the java plugin and if it is slow in terms of cpu and if it has not many memory, then you can see the main problems, and with php, you need the cpu and the memory to load the browser of course but, the actual php script runs in the server side, not in the client side.
Concerning the .net, i can say much words aout it, and i guess the lack of words says it all!

0_0 Java Script and PHP are not comparable, they are apples and oranges. Javascript is a client-side language to handle dynamic changes on a page, PHP is a server-side language to handle processing information. Most of the time, you need both of these.Client-Side means that it is run by the user's computer, therefore the performance is dependent on the user's machine. Since Client-Side performance is not as consistent as Server-Side performance, you would use Client-Side only when you are doing something that Server-Side cannot do, for instance if you want to change the information on a page after the browser is done 'talking' to the server, you would use JavaScript to re-initiate the 'conversation' between Server and Client.Server-Side means it is run by the server. Since Server-Side performance is consistent, you generally want to keep as much as possible on the server side (this is for security reasons as well.) unless you are concerned with killing your server, but at that point I would say just go get a better server. Server-Side is used to process data, especially data that will be shared across many clients. The great thing about PHP/ASP/.NET is that no matter what your code is, in the end all it sends to the client is Hypertext. So you use PHP to retrieve information from the database to show to the client, for example.As you can see, there is something fundamentally wrong with your question if you are asking whether you should use JavaScript or PHP/ASP/.NET

I would vote .net as the fastest. This is mostly because it's newer technology and it's clean/easy to use.PhP isn't that bad, usually it executes very fast.Java has issues not so much in speed, but in terms of the resources that it takes up. No matter what you are running, if it's java then it is a resource hog. It's amazing to load up a mirc client on java and it be taking 60 mb's whereas the client in c++ is less than 3 mb's, lol.

We can't compare PHP with the java and .net. PHP is the language used for web development only.(PHP GTK is there for desktop applications, but not that much powerful). But Java and .Net can be used to develop a small website to an Enterprise application. PHP is suitable for small to medium websites. But if the project is really large, then an Enterprise development environment is needed. Because not only deployment but development environment should also be taken into considerations. PHP may look faster because, we are testing only small php scripts, not large applications. The difference can be seen with large applications.

Im a PHP developer, so i say PHP is fast on the whole, Java requires a an applet to load which could take 1 second or 30 seconds depending on the user's computer speed. .net is (i think?) powered by and run on a windows based system. PHP can be run on a linux system (which is what i prefer when choosing hosting) If you consider that (i think) EVERY linux distro/server IS faster than a comparable windows system it seems that PHP, hosted on a linux server would be the fastest.

An applet is a small java program. It has nothing to do with JSP and servlets(the java server pages, server side language of java). You can embed an applet in html..No server needed and it runs on client side . And a java plugin needed. But JSP is different. So as .Net. You don't need to have java or .Net installed on your computers. Because, it runs on server side.
Java and .Net have richset of libraries and APIs. And are very very powerful than PHP. You can understand this with a simple example. Why companies use Java or .Net to develop their projects (even it is web application)? PHP is open source, easy to learn and train. so it is very cheap option available to them. But why they don't use it? Because of the flexibilty and power of those two development environments.

I don't mean PHP is not powerful. PHP is powerful and secure and cheap. But it has some limitations. Basically I am a java developer, but I like PHP very much.

Lets not forget that php and mysql is the main language of the enterprise applications:vbulletinphpbbinvisionboardMany companies, including Xisto.com, uses an invisionboard php/mysql forum script to welcome thousands of visitors/members a day, sometimes an hour, so php is also a programming language that can be used for great applications and great companies, along with the open source database server mysql.

Edited by Lyon2 (see edit history)